omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I understand it in the original Jewish religion that gave rise to Christianity (Yoshua was, after all, a Rabbi) all the dead went to Sheol which was in the ground. Basically just to their graves. This was later divided into two sections. One for the good and one for the bad. When the Greeks got involved they renamed Sheol as Hades and dipped into Greek mythology to add another level below Hades called Tartarus where fallen angels were sent. Tartarus was latter divided into two parts so it could provide accomodation to particularly bad people as well.

So the Hell in which bad people are punished is a construct of the ancient Greeks. If the schoolyard gossip of my youth is to be believed not all ancient Greeks we entirely condemning of the love that one man might find in the hmmmmm arms of another man.

So are you saying he doesn’t believe the bit about forgiving those who sin? Can you point to the bit that says homosexuals will go to Hell.

Hi, I don't really want to go down this track of debate that will go nowhere but antagonism. Here are a few verses where this is mentioned as against God's will. Please here me, it is written that many other things as well are against God's desire. This is just one of them.

4. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Paul writes:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:26-27)

To reference Toddy (which is a first for me) the Bible , Koran and any other document written by zealots with self interests at stake is massively overrated. #dontbeconned

I think we should sign him on the proviso that his salary is funded by gfm & not our salary cap!

Jokes by the way... I'd rather burn in hell!

GoFundMe rules are that unless the target is reached, all donations are refunded .
Apparently not:

"Unlike Kickstarter, GoFundMe is not an all-or-nothing crowdfunding site, and that’s part of what makes it so appealing. Whereas on Kickstarter and some other crowdfunding sites you have to reach your goal in order to unlock the funding, on GoFundMe, you’ll receive whatever money is donated "

How can Izzy do his job on the "sabbath"?

Moses assembled the entire Israelite community and said to them, “These are the things that the Lord has commanded you to do: 2 For six days work is to be done, but on the seventh day you are to have a holy day, a Sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on it must be executed. 3 Do not light a fire in any of your homes on the Sabbath day.”

Hi, I don't really want to go down this track of debate that will go nowhere but antagonism. Here are a few verses where this is mentioned as against God's will. Please here me, it is written that many other things as well are against God's desire. This is just one of them.

Paul writes:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:26-27)

You left out:

Isaiah 34:7 (KJV): “And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."

Paul writes:

These debates a great fun. Mr Folau has a great many tattoos Leviticus 19.28 would suggest this is an undesirable state. He is married to a foreigner who lives among us. Leviticus 25,45 states that she and her children may be bought and kept as slaves. They may be handed in as possessions.

The Bible says homosexuals are immoral and should be put the death but, as far as I know, it doesn’t suggest they will go to a worse hell than the rest of us.

He writes something that he believes in. It's his opinion and if you don't believe in God, how does it affect you? Aren't you wise enough to say that it isn't true? I think gay people have awful experiences from being bashed, ridiculed and tormented everyday at school to really worry about a guy writing a post. He didn't say go bash them. Gays know fear, they are smart in how they show their lives outside inner city living.

When a Muslim speaks from Mohammed I understand that is his belief but I don't believe in that faith. A Muslim might say that Allah says this but I don't believe in Allah so I don't take it in. Eg Because I'm not a follower of Islam I won't go to Paradise. I know a Muslim believes this, as I don't believe in their idea of Hellfire etc it ain't a problem. A Muslim might warn me but I choose to not believe it. I don't take offence to it. He thinks he is doing the right thing.

What is worse to me is we have men at our club that think its okay to hit, punch, bash up, physically and verbally assault a lady and probably a child seeing this and they are okay? Do you think that our players have only done this once? As if!! They would have done this many times and have finally got caught. Drug users, gamblers etc, which ones are worse?

Yet, because they run with a ball really well or tackle we turn a blind eye to this. Imagine if this girl was your sister our daughter? We definitely turn a blind eye and say more chances. I'm fine with that but think about this?

For people who want Israel banned from everything: Who would you be more scared of, a guy typing about something you don't believe in or a 110kg muscled man who just threw your daughter across the room into a wall? Yet, we want to ban the keyboard guy but close your eyes to an animal who beats up on women.

Sadly, this behaviour doesn't stop, it just gets hidden and sadly came out on someone's front lawn or in clubs, laneways etc.

I have watched this for a while and not posted. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ, Israel did it the wrong way, however, he spoke of many people who won't go to Heaven if they don't repent. That is our core faith, the way he spoke about it wasn't the way we need to share our message but for us it is the Truth we follow.

Perhaps you should then donate to Gofundme To assist him in fighting for his great cause! It’s not about his beliefs mate. It’s about his open greed asking people to donate money to him when he’s a millionaire already. You seem more concerned about his welfare & opinions than you do about the other pour souls who get nothing from anyone to treat their illnesses yet let’s all help this great man raise money to fund his fight against the atrocities of Australian Rugby for daring to dismiss him because he thinks it’s due to his religious beliefs. This guy is a grub!

As I understand it in the original Jewish religion that gave rise to Christianity (Yoshua was, after all, a Rabbi) all the dead went to Sheol which was in the ground. Basically just to their graves. This was later divided into two sections. One for the good and one for the bad. When the Greeks got involved they renamed Sheol as Hades and dipped into Greek mythology to add another level below Hades called Tartarus where fallen angels were sent. Tartarus was latter divided into two parts so it could provide accomodation to particularly bad people as well.

So the Hell in which bad people are punished is a construct of the ancient Greeks. If the schoolyard gossip of my youth is to be believed not all ancient Greeks we entirely condemning of the love that one man might find in the hmmmmm arms of another man.
Greek style

Free speech is a bourgeois fiction.

Try sending out some tweets praising Isis, or suggesting you want to organise violent worldwide revolution, and see how you go.

You'll quickly find there are limits to your precious 'right to free speech'.

OK, maybe you don’t mean there should be no limits – just different limits?

Would you support one of our players publicly stating ‘Jews, Aboriginals and Asians are bad people and we don’t want them'? Hopefully not, yet the right to spout hate speech is exactly what is supported when you assert that free speech is some kind of inalienable right.

Fact is, it’s not an inalienable right, and never has been. Back in the day ‘Down with the emperor’ would get you killed pretty quick, I’d say.

And the problem with hate speech is this - gay bashing (and gay murdering) is a thing, and hate speech encourages and perpetuates it. Homosexuals are highly likely to face discrimination and harm as a result of their sexuality. Why do you think it so hard for many of them to have the courage to come out? So you either support their right to live or you don’t. Folau does not.

Your post, and the media chose to ignore the bigger more contraversal issue in my opinion .......

The logical conclusion to your point is that a court rules that qouting the bible is hate speech .......if so ... where does that end for the Koran and the Torah .....

Whilsy many things in these "Holy" books are deplorable .... is a court ready to decide what parts are OK and what parts are outlawed .... do we now censor all future printings of religous texts ?

And I am speaking in a pragmatic sense .......

A bloke I know is both gay and a Parramatta supporter. Is he going to hell or is he already there.

He may get a free pass based on mental health issues ... not the gay bit ... but the Parra bit is a give away ..

Is there anything preventing Folau from playing Rugby overseas right now ? . Maybe i am missing something but the guy has willingly and no doubt with comprehensive legal advice signed an official contract with set conditions and then chose to intentionally not comply or conform to that conditional contract agreement .. Religious matters aside , can not really see how the issue can be interpreted in any other context . Looks like Folau and his lawyers are seeking a general win situation as it transpires from this point and regardless of his very slim prospects of having his previous Rugby contract reinstated in that he or his legal team probably would not expect to win any appeal but to still receive a very substantial money benefit in the process with their current approach .

The fact that this even a thread is embarrassing. Did you not listen to Ian Roberts being interviewed.

Also, I notice certain Manly players liking his post. Whoever our CEO is this week has just received a very strongly worded email from myself on this. The players must be aware of the ramifications of social media use.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2