omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Howdy boys...what's crackin'?? Thought I'd drop by and say g'day...I've been busier than a chinese brothel on half price night!!! LOL!

So....where are we? Muzz has the sh1ts with religion because of the wife beaters, and he has a BIG problem with its use to discriminate against others and promote ignorance.

How exactly would atheism and stomping on religion solve the problems of the world? Hmmm...I know...we should ask the good (and poorly treated) people of Nth Korea if they have any ideas.

Jesus .... it took you more than the usual 3 days .... but at least you made it back .......

Izzy is one of the unfortunate (and there are sooooooo many like him). He misses the point Jesus made and TRIED to drum into us.

We are supposed to love each other unconditionally, forgive each other unreservedly and help each other tirelessly. The work of a christian is to expose everyone to the gospels and let them choose with their own free will.

WE are not to judge or cast stones.
Why did Jesus attack the money changers in the temple? Should he have got angry at them? Violent or not judged them?

Not at all.., every human life is precious, irrespective of sexual orientation, religion, nationality or class. Every life!

I just find it quite pathetic that so many people get up in arms about the rights of a minority group who have it better now than at anytime in history, but fail to feel that same passion about a true humanitarian issue which is killing millions around the world each year. These same people will defend the trillions of dollars spent on space programs, while people continue to die unnecessarily. They die excruciatingly slow and painful deaths.

It’s incomprehensible really.
Having thought about it, it is definitely incomprehensible that people would willingly give money to the Houston family or Catholic Church etc. when there are people in the world in real need.

Not at all.., every human life is precious, irrespective of sexual orientation, religion, nationality or class.

It is a shame your God didn't read your post before he killed all the sinners in Sodom .....

In the Genesis account, God reveals to Abraham that Sodom and Gomorrah are to be destroyed for their grave sins (18:20)

Or decided to kill (with a couple of notable exceptions) .. every man, women, child, unborn babies and countless animals and plants on the planet when he sent the flood ....

Maybe he just wasn't feeling himself those days ...... or perhaps in his compassion he was just teaching us a lesson ...

Having thought about it, it is definitely incomprehensible that people would willingly give money to the Houston family or Catholic Church etc. when there are people in the world in real need.
Couldn’t agree with you more... Which answers the above question of why Jesus got angry and turned over the tables inside the synagogue that @manlyfan76 posted.

Organised religion is a crock of sh1t, and the men and women who profit from it certainly don’t represent me. Again, I have posted this on multiple occasions on this and various other threads, but you just keep on bringing it up as if I advocate their religious corporations.

It is a shame your God didn't read your post before he killed all the sinners in Sodom .....

In the Genesis account, God reveals to Abraham that Sodom and Gomorrah are to be destroyed for their grave sins (18:20)

Or decided to kill (with a couple of notable exceptions) .. every man, women, child, unborn babies and countless animals and plants on the planet when he sent the flood ....

Maybe he just wasn't feeling himself those days ...... or perhaps in his compassion he was just teaching us a lesson ...
Keep up @Woodsie. That was before jebu or whatever so it doesn't count or didn't happen or something or other of convenience ;)

Why did Jesus attack the money changers in the temple? Should he have got angry at them? Violent or not judged them?

Jesus, as the son of man showed frustration several times during his brief 3 year ministry. What was his purpose when he acted as he did? What do you think is the difference between his anger and mans anger in general?

Keep up @Woodsie. That was before jebu or whatever so it doesn't count or didn't happen or something or other of convenience ;)

I do respect @mozgrame 's knowledge and understanding of the scriptures .... perhaps he would be kind enough to send me a Bible with the parts I should believe highlighted with green ..... and those parts that are to be ingnored highlighted in red ......

Couldn’t agree with you more... Which answers the above question of why Jesus got angry and turned over the tables inside the synagogue that @manlyfan76 posted.

Organised religion is a crock of sh1t, and the men and women who profit from it certainly don’t represent me. Again, I have posted this on multiple occasions on this and various other threads, but you just keep on bringing it up as if I advocate their religious corporations.
Yet you choose to believe in the scriptures produced by those organisations? And support the idea that these ideas should be protected re Izzy

Anger is not a sin... it is an emotion. He turned over their tables did he not?

He went to their place of business and drove them out because he did not like them. Imagine if I did that at your business;

And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of trade."[Jn 2:13–16]

Still waiting for an answer about Nth Korea. Being that they are a recognised athiest state...does anyone think they might be getting a bit harshly treated.....or do you think they're better off than us, because they don't have to put up with Jesus and his ideas on how we should live?

He went to their place of business and drove them out because he did not like them. Imagine if I did that at your business;

And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of trade."[Jn 2:13–16]

That's not true. He didn't chase them out because "he didn't like them".

Still waiting for an answer about Nth Korea. Being that they are a recognised athiest state...does anyone think they might be getting a bit harshly treated.....or do you think they're better off than us, because they don't have to put up with Jesus and his ideas on how we should live?

I am not certain Nth Korea could be used as a typical example of an Athiest State .... and it could also be argued that they have simply replaced the notion of worshipping a God in the sky ... to worshipping an all powerful Diety with a silly haircut on Earth ...

... Also this notion that believers like to promote about religion bringing social laws and civilisation is a nonsense ... all societies from the caveman had social norms and taboos that allowed people to live together in harmonious groups .....

... Also this notion that believers like to promote about religion bringing social laws and civilisation is a nonsense ... all societies from the caveman had social norms and taboos that allowed people to live together in harmonious groups .....

Do you mean the state or the people are getting treated harshly?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8