omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
... Also this notion that believers like to promote about religion bringing social laws and civilisation is a nonsense ... all societies from the caveman had social norms and taboos that allowed people to live together in harmonious groups .....

Of course they did, and we all still abide by societies rules today. Well...most of us.

But I guess what you're saying is that there is no objective morality? It's all subjective?

Do you mean the state or the people are getting treated harshly?

The people have "freedom from religious belief" forced upon them and thousands have reportedly been tortured for their faith (all faiths)

It's a simple question....do you believe what Jesus taught (screw the church) would be a better model to live by?

Question : How many people on here believed the old, "Jesus is a pagan copycat" crap. I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read that. That rubbish got started in the late 1800's in Germany and pretty much died there and then as well. I can't believe anyone would swallow that in this day and age.

Aren't we all supposed to be much wiser now than we were back then?? LOL!!

@Woodsie is a ripper in that regard... he’ll have a real crack in every discussion.

I'll go on the public record here (I may have already in the past) ?

@Woodsie is a bloody good bloke! He's knocked around and rubbed shoulders with people that you wouldn't believe. I'm happy to have had him share a couple of yarns with me over the years....and I'm very proud to call him mate.

In fact....if I wasn't so scared of Izzy.....

LOL!!! Keep up the good work @Woodsie !!!

https://www.smh.com.au/education/a-...ousin-s-changing-beliefs-20190802-p52ddx.html

This paragraph ...

"Legally, religious schools were exempt from anti-discrimination acts. " .......
https://www.humanrightscommission.v...ns-exemptions-and-special-measures/exceptions
How bad is this line:
Religious bodies and religious schools can also allow a person to discriminate against another person on the grounds of the person's religious belief or activity, sex, sexual orientation, lawful sexual activity, marital status, parental status or gender identity if the discrimination is reasonably necessary for the first person to comply with the doctrines, beliefs or principles of their religion.

It's funny (and alarming) that those demanding protection against persecution based of their religious beliefs also demand the right to persecute others based on those same beliefs.
You can't discriminate against a religion - unless you also have a differing religion! @:rolleyes:

What's worse:
https://www.hrlc.org.au/news/2018/10/23/explainer-religious-discrimination-in-schools
New South Wales allows private schools to discriminate against LGBTQ students (not just religious schools).

Also:
The Religious Freedom Review report recommends that schools should retain the ability to discriminate against LGBTQ students, teachers and staff. However, the report recommended that religious schools who seek to discriminate against LGBTQ students and staff must set out their position in a publicly available policy which is provided to current and prospective students and their parents, and staff.

I'm not keen on the idea of government telling business and individuals what to they can and can't do (unless it directly harms people) but there is a right for individuals to make informed decisions about who and what they choose to support and information should be clearly available for people to make informed decisions. But then comes the argument of: well if I tell people that then I will be discriminated against....so I need protection! It is utterly ridiculous

Last edited:
Science and belief go hand in hand..and both can be twisted. Christians believe God created everything. Science is pointing towards a creator more now than ever before.

Big bang theorists make up their own "sky fairies" and invent convenient "reasons" when explaining the big bang. Dark matter, dark enegy.....

As for the old, something from nothing question...from a christians point of view, God is and always has been. How can anyone say that??? Well...we know that nothing comes from nothing, right? We'd have to agree on that surely. So...lets go further....if nothing comes from nothing...then nothing woould be in existance now, yeah??

But things do exist, so something must have been in existance the whole time, otherwise...where did it all come from?

A christian would say, "From an intelligent creator".

A non beliver would have you believe that billions of years ago...absolutely nothing exploded for no apparent reason and created everything!

There are other options than this particular Christianity.
Jo ho's have their differences to Roman Catholics. Some major ones too.
As far as creation I'd argue that the Gnostic version is as good or better than what "the church" preach now. It also explains the creation of our world better.

Couldn’t agree with you more... Which answers the above question of why Jesus got angry and turned over the tables inside the synagogue that @manlyfan76 posted.

Organised religion is a crock of sh1t, and the men and women who profit from it certainly don’t represent me. Again, I have posted this on multiple occasions on this and various other threads, but you just keep on bringing it up as if I advocate their religious corporations.
Well this thread is about god's so maybe you are in the wrong place?

Pretty sure these @Woodsie shoulder rubber rumours are bull**** and I don't believe the alien sex ones either.

But he has proof. He filmed this on his head mount GoPro one night. Seems as though the alien had never seen a penis ring this big before...and thought it was a wrist band! (We've all been there though, right? My missus thought mine was an anklet!)

Of course, I was a little bit skeptical when I first watched it. I mean, come on.....

Who hasn't experienced something like this after licking up a bad trip at a psyche concert?? @Moondog ? Are you with me??

Still though...we can only view the evidence and decide for ourselves...

Praise the Lord ... the new recently revised list is in ....

68387621_10212698128602797_6311204105008185344_n.jpg

PSS ... @Moondog .. you will be devastated to learn underpants are the work of satan ... cast them from yourself immediately ...

PSSS ... I am going to miss the ferrets ...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6