Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

omnipotent beings discussion

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Our new Silvertails religious leadership team - Moz and Bozo. I'm starting to think the Barrett years may have caused more harm than I'd imagined.
Are you suggesting one of them should extent Folau an invitation to address the Silvertails faithful ??

mozgrame

Isaiah 40:31
Our new Silvertails religious leadership team - Moz and Bozo. I'm starting to think the Barrett years may have caused more harm than I'd imagined.
@Kevinward777 is in front of me.....however, being a follower of Christ (as best I can...I fail a lot) I don't need to plump myself up with titles such as "leadership team member". Neither would any other true believer. We don't need to bolster our ego, blow our own horns (like Onan...LOL!!. See....I just fell again, dammit!....I'm up now) or think of ourselves as wiser or better in any way than the next bloke.

We'll leave that to you others. Have fun!! @:p

mozgrame

Isaiah 40:31
Are you suggesting one of them should extent Folau an invitation to address the Silvertails faithful ??
I wonder how the NRL/rugby union would go if all the christian players decided they weren't welcome and left? Imagine playing in a comp where you're told to just play the game and keep your mouth shut. Even though Jesus instructed followers to spread the word far and wide.

It reminds me of the time Toby Keith told the Dixie Chicks to just shut up and sing!

Manly Tragic

Tragic
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Vegetarians will go to hell. There I said it! Now I will probably be stoned to death for having an opinion that differs from the main stream and politically incorrect. Funny I thought these young men were athletes not political or social leaders. Silly me. Funny I thought we had a basic freedom of speach but it appears that can be contracted away without rendering the contract unconscionable.

Class of 96

Premium Member
3000 imitators ?

The original and the bench mark is celebrated around the world during Christmas and Easter .
At the risk of getting a little technical, he kind of was an imitator. There is this little known deity that goes by the name of Buddha, who preceded your idol by some 6 centuries, and still pulls a crowd of 300 million fans. He is also celebrated around the world, not so much by the presentation of lavish gifts and consumption of chocolate eggs, but by colourful festivities nonetheless. But yeah, yours is the real one.

BOZO

2019 Tipping Competitor
At the risk of getting a little technical, he kind of was an imitator. There is this little known deity that goes by the name of Buddha, who preceded your idol by some 6 centuries, and still pulls a crowd of 300 million fans. He is also celebrated around the world, not so much by the presentation of lavish gifts and consumption of chocolate eggs, but by colourful festivities nonetheless. But yeah, yours is the real one.
No Technicalities and no comparison here what so ever feathered friend . Budda never claimed that he was the messiah .

Zimbalist

You're talking religion. I'm talking Christ. Show me one piece of solid evidence that Jesus ever said to kill another human. This is what I mean when I talk about people and their false understanding of the fundamental difference between religion and Jesus. People think they are clever.....but they fail to see the truth with statements like the one above.

Lets put Muhammad in the ring with Jesus. Muhammad's message started with, "love everyone". Then turned to, "defend yourselves with swords". Finally it was, "kill the infedals".

When Jesus came to break the old law and show the new way.....even in a time of male domination and segregation of the sick....he taught, "love everybody". He went out of his way to reach the minorities and outcasted and accepted the gentiles. He did what the Jewish churches would never do....and all the while he taught, "love everybody, don't retaliate, forgiveness rules". Even while being nailed up, he asked the Father to forgive his persecutors. I could never do that.

Here's some homework if you're truly interested (or maybe you just like to throw in the odd joke here and there) Study the way Jesus lived, what he consistantly taught, the way he died and the evidence of his resurrection. Marry that up against any other "religious" leader you like. He comes out on top.

Some people think he was a good and wise teacher....ahead of his time. Well.....Jesus doesn't give you that option. He said he was God in human form. So, we have to ask ourselves....was he insane and truly mistaken about his identity? (to the point of execution), was he a con man that willingly pulled the wool over everyones eyes? (to the point of execution) or was he the messiah?

I loved to heap crap on christians in the past. Sky pilots, Father Trickemups, gospel floggers etc etc. Then one day I thought....I sound like I know what I'm talking about when being disrespectful to theses people...but do I?? If I don't know the facts of what I'm arguing against....then I'm the dickhead! lol.

I grew up out west in a rough and ready family. Plenty of DV and vilolence in general and didn't even know that was wrong to tell you the truth. It was just everyday living and all my mates were in the same boat. I was uneducated basically because life was about having fun and doing what ever you like, when ever you like. Drink, smoke, sex up, fight at the drop of a hat, steal, lie. It was all up for grabs and I loved it. I truly loved it! Drug deals...especially when things went wrong were the height of good fun. My brother broke a blokes hip once with a golf club in a scallywag scuffle over what we considered to be a fair price. It was all fun and games.

He's still the same. I grew up and parted ways with him and my old mates.

Jesus wasn't part of our lives growing up. And he certainly didn't save me. I had a family while young, took the responsibility seriously, worked hard, bought a house and eventually opened my own businesses. Dad used to tell my old mates I was a self made man...because I had to do it without any help from family of friends. That's why I always advise people to stop whingeing, get off your arse and have a go. If I managed it...anyone can! I still don't go to church. It was probably only about 4/5 months ago that I had an hour or so to kill and this very forum was pretty slow that I thought I probably should do a bit of research. You'll be surprised what you'll discover if you can truly investigate with no preconceived notions.

Once again....dig through historical evidence, archaelogical evidence, read the eye witness accounts in context and ask why would the jews and romans of the time act as they did. DON'T study christianity but weigh up what Jesus taught against every other religion. Investigate the leader of those religions. Many people on here are on the right track by damning "religion"....but don't make the mistake of accusing Jesus of mans agendas, mistakes and atrocities.

Anyway....some of you probably won't talk to me anymore because of my honesty. That's ok. I understand that. I was like that too a while ago......
What a truly inspirational post!
What you have stated is completely correct. Christ is no fictional character, and his teachings and legacy are the basis for our society.
Please read the book of Revelation, if it’s prophecies do not convince oneself to question the direction mankind is headed, then nothing will.
Like you, I don’t go to church and avoid religious plagiarism of Gods word. But I find it truly amazing that non-believers hurl ridicule and hateful comments toward Christians in this so called new age of progressive inclusiveness of all human beings. Something just doesn’t add up?
Congratulations on your journey, and well may it continue....BTW out of interest, what club did your brother use? Had to be an iron. I wielded a good 3 iron back in the day. The extended shaft and flatter face made for good contact on a would be burglar. :)

bob dylan

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I dedicate this to @mozgrame and @BOZO

and I should add with no disrespect meant, actually the complete opposite.

Its a great song you all might like from one of the very best song writers of all time. Had the pleasure to see him recently at a sold out State Theatre show. Amazing.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
How many wars did Christ fight ?

Answer . Only one

The one for peace for all mankind and that was fought with no harmful weapons but with humility and compassion every one

Hipocrites that defy their faith start wars for their own interest .
About 5 minutes ago you posted in another thread that it was fine to punch someone preemptively to defend yourself.
Yet you advocate peace for all and use only humility and compassion to fight 'wars'!
Not really intending to have a go at your for hypocrisy but just think you ought to explain better where you stand on this. Is it OK for people - and peoples - to defend themselves against aggression. Against oppression and cruelty? Or should we all suck it up and accept every injustice and every bullying, invading, exploiting force that strives to subjugate us?

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Okay .... we have all seen the list of sinners going to hell ... according to the Gospel and expressed by Folau .... not happy reading because I am certain many of my favourite Silvertails are so doomed .. so so doomed ...

But is that list conclusive ..... I believe we need our own approved Silvertails list of Hellbound sinners ...... I'll start ....

Melb Storm supporters ...
Mullett wearers
Selfie takers
Bald headed CEO's
Parra fans
mullet wearing selfie takers ....

BOZO

2019 Tipping Competitor
About 5 minutes ago you posted in another thread that it was fine to punch someone preemptively to defend yourself.
Yet you advocate peace for all and use only humility and compassion to fight 'wars'!
Not really intending to have a go at your for hypocrisy but just think you ought to explain better where you stand on this. Is it OK for people - and peoples - to defend themselves against aggression. Against oppression and cruelty? Or should we all suck it up and accept every injustice and every bullying, invading, exploiting force that strives to subjugate us?
No hipocrisy what so ever . This is self defence . When you have an aggressor coming at you that you cannot reason with . You have 2 options

Option 1 to get beaten to a pulp

Option 2 defend your self and stop the bullsht

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
No hipocrisy what so ever . This is self defence . When you have an aggressor coming at you that you cannot reason with . You have 2 options

Option 1 to get beaten to a pulp

Option 2 defend your self and stop the bullsht
So forget peace, forget turning the other cheek, forget relying only on humility and compassion, forget relying on the greatness of 'God' to save us.
Which I agree with, but surely you realise you just totally contradicted yourself.

Class of 96

Premium Member
Okay .... we have all seen the list of sinners going to hell ... according to the Gospel and expressed by Folau .... not happy reading because I am certain many of my favourite Silvertails are so doomed .. so so doomed ...
So doomed.....that’s not the start of it!! I’ve got 10 consecutive eternal sentences in hell hanging over my head!!!!

BOZO

2019 Tipping Competitor
So forget peace, forget turning the other cheek, forget relying only on humility and compassion, forget relying on the greatness of 'God' to save us.
Which I agree with, but surely you realise you just totally contradicted yourself.
This is a very good and honest question here and this is a theologians answer

I think Christians often wonder what it means to turn the other cheek. Jesus taught in Matthew 5, “You have heard that it was said ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth’, but I say to you, ‘Do not resist the one who is evil, but if anyone slaps on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.’”

If we pay careful attention to the wording of that verse, Jesus is teaching about turning the other cheek has a specific meaning. If I’m facing someone and I slap that person on the right cheek, it would require me to slap the person with the back of my hand to make contact with the person’s right cheek.

So, I think what it means is that Jesus is telling us not to hit back when someone slaps us an insult. I don’t think it is really talking about escaping or defending ourselves against a violent attack that would do us bodily harm or even kill us.

There are a number of other passages of Scripture that encourage escaping from danger or even using force in self-defense, if necessary, and encourage us to defend other people against wrongful attacks. Jesus’s disciples carried swords, even after three years of traveling with Jesus. In the garden of Gethsemane, they had swords. Swords in the first century were used for self-defense. So, I think there are times in which self-defense to prevent us from suffering significant bodily harm is justified.

Class of 96

Premium Member

But is that list conclusive ..... I believe we need our own approved Silvertails list of Hellbound sinners ...... I'll start ....

Melb Storm supporters ...
Mullett wearers
Selfie takers
Bald headed CEO's
Parra fans
mullet wearing selfie takers ....
I’d like to table the following:

Bulldog fans
Stadia lovers
Left wingers
Trump admirers
Greenies
Julia Rudd
Arsenal fans
Religious zealots (he he...the irony escapes them)

Get back to you with the others later after a few beers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom