Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im not sure how you can choose a guy again that showed fear of the opposition. But Des will try and justify it...
That's bloody harsh JBW....but guess what....your 100% correct
I was disappointed with Harpers defensive misses and annoyed by his poor positional efforts, but by far the worst factor - he didn't want to be in contact of Talaki and it was obvious from the first minute
The Talaki is a monster and will worry plenty of opposition, but a young 90kg rookie like Koula showed with heart and commitment, he is NOT unstoppable and Koula will go away confident he can handle anyone including Talaki because he has a red hot go, which is the most important defensive ingredient to have

JS.jpg

Any chance he was still struggling with COVID stuff? Not taking away from his poor form of late but possibly an explanation. Either way a spell in cup to get some confidence back will help - love him or loath him he's in the squad for at least the rest of this year.
I think there’s something to that, having recently recovered, to some extent, from the spicy cough.

Koula has shown he’s just an all round better option though.

His team mates describe Koula as fearless. His defence is already NRL standard. He just needs to gain experience in attack & find ways to inject himself into the game.
Have to say fair call
1 stage 2nd half as we were getting on top made a nice short 10m burst through 2 Sharks but threw a miracle pushed pass straight to a Cronulla player....he has done a few when I've watched him, but so young and such a talent will control these plays and I reckon could be an absolute superstar in coming years

Any chance he was still struggling with COVID stuff? Not taking away from his poor form of late but possibly an explanation. Either way a spell in cup to get some confidence back will help - love him or loath him he's in the squad for at least the rest of this year.
Covid doesn’t make you run backwards or stand on your heels in defence. He’s been doing this for about 14 rounds now.

Des defended Harper in the presser saying he will dust himself off and be back, so good chance to be named again Tuesday

Harper never to play firsts again! what a disgraceful inept pathetic display

but des will pick him
next week…
Let’s not over react. Koula definitely needs to start, that’s a given.

But your saying Harper never plays NRL for Manly again?

Let’s say in a couple of weeks, this is the scenario:

COVID hits the squad (aka Bulldogs). Turbo still out, Parker has COVID, Koula has COVID, Garrick has COVID etc

Your going to bring up someone from Blacktown (who’ve won one game) instead of a serviceable player in Harper?

Now this is an extreme example but my point is, having Harper as an experienced NRL backup outside back shouldn’t be underrated.

I think this is good

Usually you don’t put a back onto the bench last minute to sub into centre for the second half

That first half was a test and harper (unfortunately for him) absolutely failed.

Glad des gave koula the second half. He earned his spot

Let’s not over react. Koula definitely needs to start, that’s a given.

But your saying Harper never plays NRL for Manly again?

Let’s say in a couple of weeks, this is the scenario:

COVID hits the squad (aka Bulldogs). Turbo still out, Parker has COVID, Koula has COVID, Garrick has COVID etc

Your going to bring up someone from Blacktown (who’ve won one game) instead of a serviceable player in Harper?

Now this is an extreme example but my point is, having Harper as an experienced NRL backup outside back shouldn’t be underrated.
Yes

Was Harper responsible for all 6 tries? Must be a record.
De
I think this is good

Usually you don’t put a back onto the bench last minute to sub into centre for the second half

That first half was a test and harper (unfortunately for him) absolutely failed.

Glad des gave koula the second half. He earned his spot
After tonight Harper has slipped down the pecking order one would think. Tippy Toes and Walker to my mind would now be the preferred replacements should Parker or Koula be injured.

I’ve just logged on but l get the gist and forgive me if it’s been covered already.

I haven’t had COVID but l know plenty that have, some recover no probs but others have residual and/or ongoing issues and lethargy comes out of nowhere when they think it’s all good.

Some pre match talk the reason Koula was in the 17 was as cover for Harper coming back from COVID, so there must’ve been some reservations.

Everyone suffers/recovers differently and we really don’t know what/if any the long term effects are.

I’m sure this won’t be the only post COVID affected performance this season.

De

After tonight Harper has slipped down the pecking order one would think. Tippy Toes and Walker to my mind would now be the preferred replacements should Parker or Koula be injured.
Saab isn't in our best backline either imo. He's been awful this season. Not sure if his dad needs to have a word to him like last season. Step up or tippy stays in the side.

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Tippytoes

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11