Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Guess I was right to be worried...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220421-232616_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421-232616_Chrome.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220421-232658_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421-232658_Chrome.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220421-232711_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421-232711_Chrome.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 57
Harper must have been feeling the effects of COVID pretty bad and was hallucinating as in the sheds he said all he saw was a giant in a Blue Jersey running at him all night. Des held him in the sheds after hearing that, Poor bloke might need some more rest.

Feel bad for Harper, apparently last year in the qualifiers he was crying in the sheds, don't know how bad he's gonna feel now knowing he let in 6 tries and then got a half time hooking. He showed so much promise in the regular season last year and there was buzz around him on the forum, but it's all just been unraveled and come to a sad demise. Surely his time is finally up, I wish him the best. Now it's time for Koula.

For all those blaming Covid for Harper's performance tonight please go and follow the bulldogs and you can listen to their coach who has one excuse after another. Harper has been on a downward spiral from last year. One good game this year is not good enough. We need consistency. Harper needs to go and self quarantine at Blacktown workers for the year or until we can offload him back to the dogs where he came from.

Harper has been in poor form this year and at the back end of last year. He missed last week through covid and has probably not fully recovered. He was up against a beast of a player in the form of his life and a back line who have been running circles around other teams. Knowing all of this why was he picked? The blame lies with Des and not Harper. Give him time to find some form with Blacktown, I don't think he's a bad player. Des needs to stop being loyal to players if it's not justified, he's doing more harm to the player and the team with his stubborn approach

Saab isn't in our best backline either imo. He's been awful this season. Not sure if his dad needs to have a word to him like last season. Step up or tippy stays in the side.

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Tippytoes

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Topiluto
4. Parker
5. Koula

I like this backline @KaZa but Koula outside Tupiluto could be a more dynamic combination.

Harper was terrible - there is no doubt and he is gooorne but that right side with DCE is an abomination. It was late last year as well - terrible choices in defence from DCE/Harper and Saab individually and as a collective. Last night is exactly what we saw over say the last 6 rounds last year and certainly in the semi against Souths. DCE has to take a lot of responsibility because with slide defence it works from the inside out. The inside men have to make the right choices and be clear in what they are doing so the outside men know what to do. It has to work as a unit. DCE last year and again tonight didn't have a clue what he was doing in that first half and it is clear that Harper and DCE cannot be on the field on the same side together - it is just a disaster. I have been a supporter of Koula now for weeks.... at Centre and NOT fullback as some were saying that he would be a star back there. When Tom is back... Tippytoes also moves to that wing as well.

Koulas selection next week may not be the fait accompli we all expect...
“In hindsight, and it’s a wonderful thing, the COVID underdid [Harper] a bit,” Hasler said. “He won’t use that as an excuse. He’s a real proud kid. It was a tough night for him tonight and he won’t hide from that. He’ll fix himself up and dust himself down.”

Koulas selection next week may not be the fait accompli we all expect...
“In hindsight, and it’s a wonderful thing, the COVID underdid [Harper] a bit,” Hasler said. “He won’t use that as an excuse. He’s a real proud kid. It was a tough night for him tonight and he won’t hide from that. He’ll fix himself up and dust himself down.”
Nah that doesnt worry me.

Harper was badly, badly beaten and was embarressed by being hooked at half time.

In some cases players need a rocket at a press conference but this was not one of them, there was nothing to be gained by having Des lay into him in the press conference.

Des was supporting his player but it will be Koula next week.

Surely......

Harper was badly, badly beaten and was embarressed by being hooked at half time.

In some cases players need a rocket at a press conference but this was not one of them, there was nothing to be gained by having Des lay into him in the press conference.

Surely......
I think if it was a one off poor game from Harper,you could understand Des backing him to rebound next week.But he has been ordinary all season and Koula just looks ready

I think if it was a one off poor game from Harper,you could understand Des backing him to rebound next week.But he has been ordinary all season and Koula just looks ready
He can rebound in reserve grade...

*edit

I didn't mean that as snarky as it sounded. I've not written off Harper as a player, he showed last year he has NRL quality but he needs to go back to reserve grade and work on areas of his game as well as his confidence.

Once sorted I expect him to get other chances either with us or another team.

Was Harper responsible for all 6 tries? Must be a record.
Not Responsible but unlucky the Sharks were on fire.

Remember the Titans center from our 48 point half last year that was completely destroyed? Hes still playing and goes ok apparently.

Harper needs a break thats for sure. His confidence is shot.

Surely......
This is Des Hasler you know, highly unlikely unless injuries cause it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10