Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Harper has been in poor form this year and at the back end of last year. He missed last week through covid and has probably not fully recovered. He was up against a beast of a player in the form of his life and a back line who have been running circles around other teams. Knowing all of this why was he picked? The blame lies with Des and not Harper. Give him time to find some form with Blacktown, I don't think he's a bad player. Des needs to stop being loyal to players if it's not justified, he's doing more harm to the player and the team with his stubborn approach
And as I said in another post what if Koula gets trampled by Talaki and let's in 6 in that first half. No one will ever know the what if moment but what we do know is Harper needs a rest.

Harper looked the goods when he started early last year. But obviously since Kaufusi, now Talakai, he would be feeling pretty shattered.
The moment Koula upended Talakai, the difference was telling.
Surely Koula is now in, but what remains to be answered is can he maintain that form? Harper couldn't. A big ask.

Thanks Morgan, and good luck Koula.

Maybe we'll have an incredible run at the end of the season & challenge for the premiership this year (not impossible). Realistically however, we are not the same standard as the top teams this year. Thus, I would prefer we develop talented young players like Koula with the aim of future success rather than persist with players who have less potential for improvement.

Harper looked the goods when he started early last year. But obviously since Kaufusi, now Talakai, he would be feeling pretty shattered.
The moment Koula upended Talakai, the difference was telling.
Surely Koula is now in, but what remains to be answered is can he maintain that form? Harper couldn't. A big ask.

Thanks Morgan, and good luck Koula.
A long season for a 19 rookie ,Des doing a juggling act with Harper to try and ease him through so he is there at the pointy end

Harper must have been feeling the effects of COVID pretty bad and was hallucinating as in the sheds he said all he saw was a giant in a Blue Jersey running at him all night. Des held him in the sheds after hearing that, Poor bloke might need some more rest.
I've seen something similar - not sure if this is a photo of the Cronulla team heading out on to the field or not

Attachments

• 1650580804050.png
    1650580804050.png
    360 KB · Views: 30
The COVID excuse by Des is embarrassing. If he wasn't right to play then why play him at all, you knew who he was up against. And whether he was affected at all we all saw what happened in the finals last year. Feel for Harper but this one is on Des, the writing was on the wall for something like last night to happen.

I think so too. When Turbo comes back our backline should be:
1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Topiluto
5. Koula
Christen [ tippeytoes ] is still untried as a i st grade centre , no doubt that he could go O K there but Koula seems a natural there and the best fit with the present Manly back line situation . Parker still quite reliable and holding his own Could be a case soon of Tuipulotu pushing Sabb for a wing spot but very limited opportunities for Sabb so far this season and still seems more of an advantage having him on one flank .

The COVID excuse by Des is embarrassing. If he wasn't right to play then why play him at all, you knew who he was up against. And whether he was affected at all we all saw what happened in the finals last year. Feel for Harper but this one is on Des, the writing was on the wall for something like last night to happen.
He is publicly supporting his player. Better than saying “He was diabolical tonight and will never be sighted in a Manly (or should that be Storm?) 1st grade jumper again!”

That would serve no purpose.

NRL is a tough game but I hope Harper is ok headspace wise. I would imagine he would be feeling it at the moment. I think he will eventually turn things around I believe he has enough ability to make it but certainly needs to get his head right before playing FG again .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10