Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

CBreeagles

Reserve Grader
When Harper first came in last year, he was all energy and enthusiasm...he was stoked to be in the team and gave 110%. He is not the most talented footballer so these effort areas are his game...that is what he is brings but he is going through the motions now so his lack of ability has been exposed.
Couldn’t agree more, one of the best parts of his game was he would tackle everything in his way out of sheer enthusiasm, often 3 back to back tackles in a row in a single set. Now however, like you said he is just going through the motions.

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Thats why I would stick Lawton at center next week if Aloiai comes back in. Harper's defense last night was almost as pathetic as his ball handling and his hit ups.
I'm a Harper fan , when he came in last year he looked a good all round footballer but his form has been very poor, the competition for spot's in the side is heating up with Aloia coming back and Shu in a couple of weeks,2 players have to make way a prop and backrow/utility, Lawton is definitely a option in the Centre his defence is good

Rocky

Bencher
Agree its time to give Lionel a rest. I was optimistic that he could improve on last season but he is stuck in a rut.

I really don't think there should be angst on Des' part. As others have pointed out the top coaches will not tolerate consistent poor performances (especially when there are alternatives to come into the team).

It should just be an unemotional decision that its better for Harper and the team for him to go to Blacktown for now.

D

Deleted member 26876

Harper was good for a while last year

But probably better for all that he has a reserves stint

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The other side of the coin is, how are the prospective substitutes going at Blacktown or wherever? Did Koula miss a tackle? Did Tuipulotu drop the ball?

We need someone knocking the door down to demand selection, that is the tried and tested method.

And for those saying other top coaches aren't afraid to drop or bench players - do we really know the form of the replacement players they bring in? Maybe they were going gangbusters.

Coaches of poorly performed sides also make changes, if not continual changes - usually because the player they promote turn out no better than the one dropped. Kevvie, Madge, Barrett etc have all done this.

You won't often find Des promoting a player just to see whether he is up to it. When he knows he's up to it Des will give him a shot. (I think)

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
He needs a spell. I have not seen him do anything of note since about round 18 last year.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
A team that won't be selected :)

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Walker
5. Garrick
6.Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Davey
13. Jake
14. Segeyaro
15. Bullemor
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

Drop the worst performing forward when Schuster returns

Eagle 1

First Grader
You’re very kind. He needs to be dropped ASAP. Horrible horrible performance from him tonight.

When he wasn’t dropping the ball or throwing stupid passes, he was hanging back on his opposite giving them 20 metres a run.
Before he threw that floater in the air, he was going really well, making half breaks linking with Saab, tackling well with no missed tackles. Unfortunately for him all everyone sees are the mistakes, the no catch that landed on his knee is worrying, you've just gota take those in the big moments. Des may still give him one more chance because of the win, we'll see on Tues 4pm..

Eagle 1

First Grader

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Walker
5. Garrick
6.Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Haumole
12. Davey
13. Jake
14. Segeyaro
15. Bullemor
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

Drop the worst performing forward when Schuster returns
Agree with giving Marty a spell, he's very low impact atm. Prefer Lawton to Seggy, and Shuster in Bully out..

The Indian

Bencher
I don't want to bag the bloke we can all see it - this will test Des pick and stick mentality though. But if I know Des he'll stick with him. I feel bad for the bloke, the groan and fear that was going through the crowd yesterday whenever he went near it was palpable.

I hope against hope he somehow turns it around.

Rocky

Bencher
The other side of the coin is, how are the prospective substitutes going at Blacktown or wherever? Did Koula miss a tackle? Did Tuipulotu drop the ball?

We need someone knocking the door down to demand selection, that is the tried and tested method.

And for those saying other top coaches aren't afraid to drop or bench players - do we really know the form of the replacement players they bring in? Maybe they were going gangbusters.

Coaches of poorly performed sides also make changes, if not continual changes - usually because the player they promote turn out no better than the one dropped. Kevvie, Madge, Barrett etc have all done this.

You won't often find Des promoting a player just to see whether he is up to it. When he knows he's up to it Des will give him a shot. (I think)
Its a fair point and I personally couldn't tell you how those other guys are going at Blacktown.

But from what we have seen in trials, and the fact Koula was on the bench game 1, should tell you enough in this instance.

B
Breaking News

Football player can tackle!

Lol sorry..
Couldn't help myself
sorry... just responding to someone who wasn't sure if he could... Now all footballers should be able to tackle but some sadly have no idea. And certainly this generation in the main have little idea on technique etc. Most of today's lot are Ross Conlon or John Ribot De Bresac types lol

Wighton goes to that edge in attack, could be hell for both koula and Harper. I was impressed with koula’s 1:1 tackling, and harper’s defensive mode is to get in their face. Hard to say who is more likely to succeed v raiders.

Although it is harper’s temperament that is the issue. He makes a mistake then loses his mind trying to overcompensate. The ridiculous offload not long after the bomb drop shows this. He just kept on digging the hole, instead of re-setting his mind.
yes he did and I have said before DCE's reads or misreads and uncertainty doesn't help in defence... nor does DCE passing at his feet help either! I just think Koula needs to get a shot but ye Wighton is a handful.

zfinkels

Harper made some horrible errors, some weren't his fault but the ones that were, were horrendous. Watching live the biggest concern was how much time he spent with hands on hips not moving into position. Something is seriously wrong and we have nothing to lose by giving Koula a shot in his spot
hands on hips waiting to fake the next crusher.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He was shown up badly in our finals games in 21, and that mental part of the game has remained.

He seems to be second guessing all the time.

Our stocks aren’t great in that department but yes I’d give the Koala a run, he cannot be any worse.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
sorry... just responding to someone who wasn't sure if he could... Now all footballers should be able to tackle but some sadly have no idea. And certainly this generation in the main have little idea on technique etc. Most of today's lot are Ross Conlon or John Ribot De Bresac types lol
John Harpot de Nutsac. Ross Saablon.

madmax

Bencher

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Walker
5. Garrick
6.Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka