Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'd take it with a grain of salt..
7kgs is a sh!t load of weight to drop. Surely the club wouldn't really play someone that lost 7kgs in a week, especially when we had options..

When asked how he knew, his response:

View attachment 20905

The bloke professes to know a lot, but the reality is, he knows fark all.
Yeah he is a myth. As soon as you disagree with anything he says you are Gonski. Professes to regular meet with the Manly big wigs including Des and then uses his platform to bag them.

If he wasn’t ready to play physically after Covid he wouldn’t have been selected.

I feel Des bringing that up was a way of deflecting away from the performance and protecting his player.
Exactly.
And Des didn't bring it up, the journo asked him the question about Covid and he said in hindsight, which is a wonderful thing, yes could have been underdone from Covid... but he won't use that as an excuse etc

Harper’s misses were poor reads and poor technique, similar to his performance against some other big centres. So I don’t buy this 7kg crap.
pffft 7kg. ive done bigger AGB on footy trips and still managed to front up again for another big sesh

Harper will be back bigger and stronger .. write him off at your peril

Is this his 'second' year? Second year syndrome? I though rubes was rubbish last year after a good one the year before but he's bounced back quite well.

I dunno... it's late and I had to do my taxes today.

7kgs is a huge amount. Most people if they have severe gastro for a day or two and don't eat anything don't lose 7kgs.....I'm finding that very difficult to believe.

Is this his 'second' year? Second year syndrome? I though rubes was rubbish last year after a good one the year before but he's bounced back quite well.

I dunno... it's late and I had to do my taxes today.

Firstly, he is not going as bad as the hysterics on here would suggest .. he is down on form and confidence ... but both those things are temporary and can be overcome ..

I think in defense he is over-reading his role, much like the old over-reading the play ... rather than simply taking his man .. he is what if-ing ..

Needs to just get back to basics .. and let Saab worry about himself ,

Firstly, he is not going as bad as the hysterics on here would suggest .. he is down on form and confidence ... but both those things are temporary and can be overcome ..

I think in defense he is over-reading his role, much like the old over-reading the play ... rather than simply taking his man .. he is what if-ing ..

Needs to just get back to basics .. and let Saab worry about himself ,

No doubt, I was mainly referring (asking?) that if he's not going as good as last year...is it 2nd year syndrome (for manly) or did he mention 'that scottish play' by name.

No doubt, I was mainly referring (asking?) that if he's not going as good as last year...is it 2nd year syndrome (for manly) or did he mention 'that scottish play' by name.

No, I don't think it is 2nd year syndrome in his case ... just going through a **** of a run ..

Adam Lucius writes in this week's Northern Beaches Review:

"Harping on about Morgan
Des Hasler and Peter Peters are the closest of mates - but that hasn't stopped them having some almighty barnies over the past 30 years.
Zorba tells it as he sees it and Des has never backed away from a stoush and that has led to some frosty exchanges and no contact until the inevitable kiss and make up. The two do not see eye to eye over the selection of centre Morgan Harper, who was turned into roadkill by Cronulla centre Siosifa Talakai in the Sharks' 34-22 win last Thursday. Harper was eventually hooked at half-time and replaced by rookie Tolutau Koula, but the damage was done, the Sea Eagles going to the sheds 32-0 down.
"Fans are screaming about the selection of Morgan Harper. That was one of his (Hasler's) biggest selection blunders ever and it cost his side big time," Zorba told radio's Big Sports Breakfast Weekend. "I don't know what Des was thinking - it was a giant mistake."
In Hasler's defence, he felt dragging Harper out of the game earlier may have damaged the young bloke psychologically.
Zorba responded: "I love Dessie and we're good mates but I don't buy that. He made a mistake and he should have owned up to it. You've got to pick your side on form, not on playing favourites."
Koula's impressive second half form when given an opportunity has left Hasler with no choice but to choose him ahead of Harper."

Adam Lucius writes in this week's Northern Beaches Review:

"Harping on about Morgan
Des Hasler and Peter Peters are the closest of mates - but that hasn't stopped them having some almighty barnies over the past 30 years.
Zorba tells it as he sees it and Des has never backed away from a stoush and that has led to some frosty exchanges and no contact until the inevitable kiss and make up. The two do not see eye to eye over the selection of centre Morgan Harper, who was turned into roadkill by Cronulla centre Siosifa Talakai in the Sharks' 34-22 win last Thursday. Harper was eventually hooked at half-time and replaced by rookie Tolutau Koula, but the damage was done, the Sea Eagles going to the sheds 32-0 down.
"Fans are screaming about the selection of Morgan Harper. That was one of his (Hasler's) biggest selection blunders ever and it cost his side big time," Zorba told radio's Big Sports Breakfast Weekend. "I don't know what Des was thinking - it was a giant mistake."
In Hasler's defence, he felt dragging Harper out of the game earlier may have damaged the young bloke psychologically.
Zorba responded: "I love Dessie and we're good mates but I don't buy that. He made a mistake and he should have owned up to it. You've got to pick your side on form, not on playing favourites."
Koula's impressive second half form when given an opportunity has left Hasler with no choice but to choose him ahead of Harper."
I don't often like what Zorba has to say but he's spot on here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12