OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have been waiting since his return for this no point sugar coating it he shat on us a couple of days after winning a gf he raided the staff Egan,Cleal.Singe he tried to raid our players I never forgot ans he is getting what he deserves.
It was always going to happen like this just a matter of when.

Only tears from me today are from joy
I understand that but there are more respectful ways to articulate your self (but we are all different in that way I guess)

And Penn gets his revenge from 2011
A clean cut is the only option, the Hasler situation had gone beyond the point of no return, in hindsight bringing Hasler back was far from the best thing for the club and the supporters. 2023 would have been just more of the same with frustrations boiling over after each disinterested display, change was desperately needed and most on here would have to agree imo

Manly is like the Tigers which is a basket case. We have been sacking coaches but the ownership has been the same when this happens since Penny took full control. This decision stinks and I'm not too happy. Hopefully DCE leaves since he has been the one constant since 2016.

Last edited:
Almost a relief as far as I'm concerned and that's regardless of those that do or don't want Des at the helm as the Manly coach.
The worst thing moving forward is uncertainty and at least now the road is clearer.
Obviously there are clouds to come with law suits ect, but this was always going to happen anyway.
I just want a coach, staff and playing group I can support in 2023 and we are 1 step closer to that as of today and to call it out, we havn't been setting the world on fire in recent times and that includes the start of 2022 when Tom was there, so I'm fine with a change up.
Will also add Des has had great moments as Manly coach and will always remember his Positive influence that were a big part of 2 great premiership victories and wish him all the Best.

Agreed mate, personally I’ll be giving him 2yrs to see positive changes
2 years??? Mate he has no excuse not to get immediate results.
I don't mean win Round 1 and 2, Manly never does that. But why on earth shouldn't the side show immediate improvement next year? Isn't that why he was hired?

Oh. No of course not.

OK, I take your point. @:D

Bad look Mr Penn. Of course we don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but the image of Hasler accepting the conditions you imposed and then sack him shows you were not playing with a straight deck and were trying to push him out all along and wanted him to apear responsible. Instead you have serious egg on your face and I suspect a lot of fans and perhaps players are not happy with you. I'm not saying whether the decision was correct or not. I'm just saying your image has been seriously tarnished. I cant see a lot of supporters wanting your continued ownership of the club.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Seibold fan club ...

However, he IS now our coach and I will give him my support ... Go Manly
What choice do we have, really?

I laughed my head off when the Bulldogs signed T-Baz as their coach. No doubt there are plenty of Broncos fans and others laughing their heads off at Manly for signing Seibold. I just hope it turns out better for us, although Penn's effusive praise of the Sei-bomb's footballing intellect is a giant red flag.

But almost everybody deserves a second chance, so good luck to him - he's definitely going to need it, even with the "premiership-winning team" he'll have at his disposal.

The messy situation has become untenable in recent weeks with Hasler threatening legal action against the club should his contract be torn up.

It took a dramatic turn on Wednesday with Hasler suddenly agreeing on contract clauses he had previously refused to budge on.

Less than 24 hours later, the club has swung the axe regardless.

Looks like Des tried to save himself last night.

Des sealed his own fate a month ago when Des didn't turn up to the initial meeting with Penn and Mestrov and sent his agent.

2 years??? Mate he has no excuse not to get immediate results.
I don't mean win Round 1 and 2, Manly never does that. But why on earth shouldn't the side show immediate improvement next year? Isn't that why he was hired?

Oh. No of course not.

OK, I take your point. @:D
You would think that with immediate changes in our defensive structures there should be more success even if only marginal to begin with, blind Freddie would see that as the most urgent aspect of our game to rectify

I think this had to be done. Once the decision is made why not be decisive and one of my biggest criticisms of Penn is that he is absent and makes very few big calls.

Is this the right call I don't know but it had become clear of late that it had to be made. Congrats for not letting it spill over into 2023....albeit Des and his lawyers may have something to say about that.

As for some sense of misguided loyalty to Des I'm not totally buying that. He showed in 2011 he was willing to make economic decisions or ones in his own best interests first and foremost. Good luck to him. That's his right. This situation is no different. having him under the new coaches nose was untenable.

Onwards and Upwards. Let's stop the in fighting.

From the SMH article:

The decision to terminate Hasler was made after a board meeting on Thursday morning, with officials deciding the situation had become untenable. Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Herald that Manly powerbrokers felt they had just cause to terminate Hasler’s contract in the belief he had brought the club into disrepute.

Having received legal counsel on the issue, the Sea Eagles believe one of their options is not to pay out Hasler any of his entitlements under the terms of the contract, which wasn’t set to expire until the end of next season.

The payout to Hasler was already capped at about $450,000 should the club part end the deal early, which is about half of what the two-time premiership winner was entitled to had he completed his commitments.

However, the amount of a payout – if any – will most likely be decided after lawyers for both sides jockey for the best possible outcome.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8