Off contract players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matulino for the warriors would be a good pick up.  Surely our CEO has inside contacts to be able to sign him up?

Scott Logan is worth a look. There are quite a few on that list, that I am surprised are on the list

Yeah that list is a bit iffy.

I dont think Josh Lewis plays for both the Titans and the Sharks
(Hint: Hes contracted to the Sharks).
Ryan Tandy will also be at the Dogs next year.

What are peoples thoughts on Ben Cross? Assuming we got him cheap he could be a great addition. Id think that the Cross brothers would bring the best out of each other.

Then again, hes injury prone and not exactly young. Some young blood is definitely needed in our forwards.

jwaa link said:
What are peoples thoughts on Ben Cross? Assuming we got him cheap he could be a great addition. Id think that the Cross brothers would bring the best out of each other.

Then again, hes injury prone and not exactly young. Some young blood is definitely needed in our forwards.

I'd like to see him over here, I thought NSW should have had him in their side. Peforming better than some our current crop, but yeah the price would have to be right I guess.

The young souths kid is Matt Mundine. He's a lock/former 5/8 with big wraps on him as a kid. He reminds me of Mateo, really good with the ball and can set up stuff. Does general kicking as well. Had a history of being not fit however could turn out a real gun.

Ben Cross is 30/31 which we are stack full of similar aged forwards. That's why I'm surprised that we lost Hargreaves and now Tasi!!

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=183903.msg272508#msg272508 date=1278637247]

I'd like to see him over here, I thought NSW should have had him in their side. Peforming better than some our current crop, but yeah the price would have to be right I guess.
[/quote]

Big Ben cross fan , he was injured most of last season which cost him his SOO spot but should have been a blues prop  this season. As long as they are close i could see the 2 crosses bringing out the best in eachother for sure. Good ruggered prop that adds mongrel and intimidation by the bucket load.

He has hunger too, Gus loves speed, but i love hungry players, you can see them.

jason ryles is crap over rated boof head..

frank pritchard would be nice.. so would toopi for the right price he isnt worth  any more than 75,000  a season..

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
I read somewhere that Penrith were going to have trouble re-signing Jennings as well

Mail is that he is about to ink a 5 year deal with the Panfers. They are also pretty confident of retaining Michael Gordon once they lock Jennings away.

Darren link said:
get that young winger from dragons (tia****) Down here in Wollongong they are raving about him but scared of losing him!! Big kid with lots of pace, big possibility, even as a left handed centre in the future if matai goes. We need 1 younger prop to mix up the pack. We have Kite, King and Rose (hmmm) Still praying Tasi hasn't gone (hope you are wrong Ern) Palau and maybe Tagataese from Titans looks potential. Snowden are now gone as made origin which is a shame.
Darren is the winger your talking about the young Islander kid who finished of that good try for the dragons last week against the Panthers, if so he looks like a great prospect, big, mobile and a good turn of speed.

regarding the ben cross comment i think he would be just like perry was for us 1st yr.. he would revel under dessie & the back row we have.. he would be a nice buy if the price was right..

jbb/james link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183903.msg272509#msg272509 date=1278637633]
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=183903.msg272508#msg272508 date=1278637247]

[/quote]

Big Ben cross fan , he was injured most of last season which cost him his SOO spot but should have been a blues prop  this season. As long as they are close i could see the 2 crosses bringing out the best in eachother for sure. Good ruggered prop that adds mongrel and intimidation by the bucket load.

He has hunger too, Gus loves speed, but i love hungry players, you can see them.
[/quote].. james i dont mind him.. some ppl say he is over 30 we need youth.. but i tell you i`d rather have a hardend 31yr old prop than a fresh new 23 yr old prop ..because the 31yr old prop can intimidate ,he is game hardend.. where as the youngster  is still learning  take him 3yrs to know all the tricks..

basically  31yr old props intimidate 23yr old props any day of the week ..;D

jjai link said:
Not if they are home in bed they don't. Since Cross left Storm he has played about 4 or 5 games each year.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=183903.msg272493#msg272493 date=1278629061]
get that young winger from dragons (tia****) Down here in Wollongong they are raving about him but scared of losing him!! Big kid with lots of pace, big possibility, even as a left handed centre in the future if matai goes. We need 1 younger prop to mix up the pack. We have Kite, King and Rose (hmmm) Still praying Tasi hasn't gone (hope you are wrong Ern) Palau and maybe Tagataese from Titans looks potential. Snowden are now gone as made origin which is a shame.
Darren is the winger your talking about the young Islander kid who finished of that good try for the dragons last week against the Panthers, if so he looks like a great prospect, big, mobile and a good turn of speed.
[/quote]
I think he means kalifa Fai Fai Loa I don't rate him at all he's a big log! there are better outside backs playing 20's for them at the moment!

yeh, its Kalifi! sorry, I just caught the WIN news highlights and they showed him blitzing it. They were saying that they were afraid of losing him now!! Yet, highlight packages can make anyone stand out so very true!!

Cross would be a straight swap with Perry, and his brother is here!! He does get injured alot and would want decent money!! With losing Perry, we only have kite, king and Rose. Gulavou and Matt Cross don't inspire confidence. 

Fai Fai Loa is who Darren means and he is a gun, but we don't need any more in that area

Will throw out a smokey that is not on that list, because he is playing Super League. Casey McGuire. Apparently wants a return to the NRL. Not a world beater, but would provide pretty handy cover for the 6,7,9 and possibly even 13 jumpers

I don't think we want a Mundine at the club - and have Anthony holding forth his opinion all the time.

All I care about at present is - has Kieran Foran signed yet?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183903.msg272529#msg272529 date=1278646027]

Not if they are home in bed they don't. Since Cross left Storm he has played about 4 or 5 games each year.
[/quote].. which makes him fresh ..couldnt hurt throwing him a 1 year deal ..

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6