NSW selection

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If NSW pick Lodge over a bloke like Finucane I will just about give up.

I get Lodge is a bigger body, but hopefully this Safiti selection takes care of that.

If Pearce, Lodge and Ferguson are all named, I am not watching.

James Maloney has done a lot more for the Blues than Cleary and Pearce. For Cleary to be picked instead of Jimmy in the first game was silly enough. Potentially giving his spot to the most failed half in Origin history doesn’t fill me with any confidence that Freddy can remember last years winning series and who orchestrated that series win.

Pearce volume 1 & 2? come on Fred!

Jimmy Maloney has taken the Warriors, Roosters and the Sharks to grand finals and won 2/3 of them. He steps up in the big games and has played well for the blues and the Roos.
He should be the first half picked for game 2, he’s done enough in this game and shown enough improvement in the last 2 weeks to warrant selection
Crunch origin game 2 matches are not the time to develop and blood Nathan Clearys bad Penrith form out of him

Finding a club combination for our halves was the be all and end all last year and supposedly that was still the ideal plan for game 1. Fix it, pick Maloney and go from there

giphy.gif

NSW selectors right about now.....

NSW lost the first game by just 4 points and almost scrambled a last minute win. Mitchell had an off game & was outplayed by Chambers - possibly won't happen a second time. Extremely drastic changes are not needed. Before today's games there are two Game One players injured, Cotric & Klemmer, who need replacing. Turbo in for Cotric - not sure about the best front row replacement. I would replace Walker with Maloney to increase the Blue's chances of winning and also include Graham on the bench somewhere.

Edit: Haas injured yesterday & not available for Game Two

Last edited:
Pearce unavailable for selection game II. Wide World of Sports apparently Freddy received a call from Pearce. The real story should read, Pearce is not interested

If those last 2 posts are correct I hope we get a team that roughly looks something like this:

1. Tedesco
2. Turbo
3. Mitchell
4. Morris
5. Ado-Carr
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. RCG
9. Cook
10. Vaughn
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Jurbo

14. Wighton
15. Prior
16. Lodge
17. Graham

Edit: I forgot Tariq Sims or Dale Finucane could take Lodges bench spot since Matt Prior has a good motor. I thought we needed two props on the bench in game 1 so that’s where my first thought was

Last edited:
Disagree about Walker.....deserved his call up & deserves another chance!
Went missing in Game 1. I wouldn't have known he was even playing if he hadn't made such a song and dance about refusing to sing the national anthem.

He was diabolical last night too. He seems like a fair weather sailor to me.

Not picking players like Finucane and Simms in origin is why NSW suck. Size of heart in the dog that matters not the size of the dog.

That would be a completely ridiculous non selection based upon 1 bad game.
Agree but it is true.

This is the squad for game 2:

1 James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
2 Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels)
3 Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
4 Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
5 Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
6 James Maloney (Penrith Panthers)
7 Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
8 Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
9 Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10 Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
11 Boyd Cordner (c) (Sydney Roosters)
12 Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
13 Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)

INTERCHANGE
14 Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm)
15 Tariq Sims (St George Illawarra Dragons)
16 Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
17 Wade Graham (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)

https://www.nswblues.app/news/team-announcement-brydens-lawyers-nsw-blues-2019-origin-ii/

Tommy to centre imo, announcement is late I expect a couple of changes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8