NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Uncle Wayne's pulling power is not what it used to be.
Yes and no, he has managed to get 6 State of Origin players, several internationals including the NZ Test captain, and plenty of grand final winning experience. It's not the worst looking squad, and still a few spots to fill.

Yes and no, he has managed to get 6 State of Origin players, several internationals including the NZ Test captain, and plenty of grand final winning experience. It's not the worst looking squad, and still a few spots to fill.

The Bromwich brothers are well and truly on the decline.
The Hammer helps, but that spine, behind that most underwhelming forward pack is going to make even Manly look good next season.

No Munster for 2024 on supposedly less money at Melbourne (not including boats), is a big clue to the pulling power of Wayne.

The Bromwich brothers are well and truly on the decline.
The Hammer helps, but that spine, behind that most underwhelming forward pack is going to make even Manly look good next season.

No Munster for 2024 on supposedly less money at Melbourne (not including boats), is a big clue to the pulling power of Wayne.
I dont think its on Wayne, people look at the rest of the squad, prospects for winning and then decide. If they can get one in then others would follow.

I was hoping Munster would have gone. Would have been better for the league

Especially if ‘Seibold and the Beautiful’, aka Marvin the Martian, is Manly’s new coach.
You know I doubt that they’d do any worse than Des because let’s face it we have all been frustrated with Des at his selection choices / his leaving the 17th man virtually untouched / not giving the young guns a crack.

I think most people are rusted on to Des because of his history with the club , and fair enough , but I’d dispute that no one else could coach the club ( at this point in time ).

DOLPHINS ADD TO FORWARD PACK

The NRL’s newest franchise have signed Dragons prop Poasa Faamausili, adding to the club’s forward pack for their inaugural season in 2023.

The 26-year-old has made 39 NRL appearances for the Roosters, Warriors and Dragons, most recently featuring for the Red V in Round 25 of the 2021 season.

“One thing we have tried to do is make certain the Dolphins will have a forward pack that will compete with any other in the NRL,” Dolphins chief executive Terry Reader said in a club statement.

1.Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2.Jamayne Isaako
3.Euan Aitken
4.Brenko Lee
5.Edrik Lee
6.Anthony Milford
7.Sean O'Sullivan
8.Jesse Bromwich
9.Jeremy Marshall-King
10.Jarrod Wallace
11.Kenny Bromwich
12.Feluse Kaufusi
13.Tom Gilbert

14.Kodi Nikorima
15.Mark Nicholls
16.Corey Lemuelu
17.Ray Stone

18.Valynce Te Whare
19.Herman Ese'ese
20.Robert Jennings
21.Isaiya Katoa
22.JJ Collins
23.Jeremiah Simbiken
24.Ryan Jackson
25.Mason Teague
26.Poasa Faamausili
27.Jack Bostock (Dev)
28.Micheal Roberts (Dev)
29.Harrison Graham (Dev)

Their best signing imo is Kristian Woolf as assistant coach, then taking the reins in 2024. I’d love to see him bring his brother Ben into the fold.But he’s pretty happy as Tweed Q-Cup coach last I heard.

1.Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2.Jamayne Isaako
3.Euan Aitken
4.Brenko Lee
5.Edrik Lee
6.Anthony Milford
7.Sean O'Sullivan
8.Jesse Bromwich
9.Jeremy Marshall-King
10.Jarrod Wallace
11.Kenny Bromwich
12.Feluse Kaufusi
13.Tom Gilbert

14.Kodi Nikorima
15.Mark Nicholls
16.Corey Lemuelu
17.Ray Stone

18.Valynce Te Whare
19.Herman Ese'ese
20.Robert Jennings
21.Isaiya Katoa
22.JJ Collins
23.Jeremiah Simbiken
24.Mason Teague
25.Poasa Faamausili

31.Jack Bostock (Dev)
32.Micheal Roberts (Dev)
33.Harrison Graham (Dev)

Train and Trial - Tory Bath (winger), Bailey Butler (prop), JP Donevski (winger), Trai Fuller (fullback), Lachlan Hubner (lock), Cody Hunter (halfback), Ryan Jackson (prop), Setu Tu (winger), Michael Waqa (prop), Tyler Szepanowski (prop), Brenton Baira (fullback).

Old news now but may as well keep this going.

Tesi Nui joins on a 1 year deal

1.Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow/Tesi Niu
2.Jamayne Isaako
3.Euan Aitken
4.Tesi Niu/Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5.Edrik Lee
6.Anthony Milford
7.Sean O'Sullivan
8.Jesse Bromwich
9.Jeremy Marshall-King
10.Jarrod Wallace
11.Kenny Bromwich
12.Feluse Kaufusi
13.Tom Gilbert

14.Kodi Nikorima
15.Mark Nicholls
16.Corey Lemuelu
17.Ray Stone

18.Valynce Te Whare
19.Herman Ese'ese
20.Robert Jennings
21.Isaiya Katoa
22.JJ Collins
23.Jeremiah Simbiken
24.Mason Teague
25.Poasa Faamausili
26.Brenko Lee

31.Jack Bostock (Dev)
32.Micheal Roberts (Dev)
33.Harrison Graham (Dev)

Train and Trial - Tory Bath (winger), Bailey Butler (prop), JP Donevski (winger), Trai Fuller (fullback), Lachlan Hubner (lock), Cody Hunter (halfback), Ryan Jackson (prop), Setu Tu (winger), Michael Waqa (prop), Tyler Szepanowski (prop), Brenton Baira (fullback).

Contrary to popular narrative, I think it is a solid first year team. Undoubtedly short a marquee but they were never going to land a collective of Mahony, Munster, Walsh etc.

I think this team can compete and avoid the spoon, sure they are likely 14-17th but I they will surprise a few

Contrary to popular narrative, I think it is a solid first year team. Undoubtedly short a marquee but they were never going to land a collective of Mahony, Munster, Walsh etc.

I think this team can compete and avoid the spoon, sure they are likely 14-17th but I they will surprise a few
I agree, I think they could finish ahead of teams like the Dragons. They have a wily old coach & very experienced forwards. If any of their best forwards are out injured for significant periods, it could be a difficult year. Isaiya Katoa has the potential to be a top tier halfback (similarities with Latu Fainu)

Last edited:
What a rubbish team the nrl should be embarrassed that this is an expansion team. They will win the spoon nothing surer.
The titans who are nothing special look like world beaters against them.

Not enough quality in this comp.

What a rubbish team the nrl should be embarrassed that this is an expansion team. They will win the spoon nothing surer.
The titans who are nothing special look like world beaters against them.

Not enough quality in this comp.
Why should they be embarrassed?They’ll struggle for a few years but they have a bigger and arguably better junior catchment than Manly

Why should they be embarrassed?

No competition brings a team in that is rubbish from the start. The crushers had a bigger and better junior catchment than us yet were a joke plenty of teams have more juniors than us and are rubbish. Knights and Warriors are two.

They are terrible they "may" be better in a few years but who cares? All teams may be better we can only judge them now they have a rubbish squad filled up with pensioners getting one more pay day.

Be lucky to win 1 game this season. It distorts the comp the teams who play them twice are getting two extra byes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4