NRL's 17th Team - The (Redcliffe) dolphins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No competition brings a team in that is rubbish from the start. The crushers had a bigger and better junior catchment than us yet were a joke plenty of teams have more juniors than us and are rubbish. Knights and Warriors are two.

They are terrible they "may" be better in a few years but who cares? All teams may be better we can only judge them now they have a rubbish squad filled up with pensioners getting one more pay day.

Be lucky to win 1 game this season. It distorts the comp the teams who play them twice are getting two extra byes.
Just a reminder that Manly finished 2nd last in their first season and were only saved from the wooden spoon from fellow debutants Parra

Just a reminder that Manly finished 2nd last in their first season and were only saved from the wooden spoon from fellow debutants Parra

We didn't distort the comp when we entered we played every team home and away the dolphins are distorting the comp (this season) the teams who play them twice are getting a huge advantage.

We didn't distort the comp when we entered we played every team home and away the dolphins are distorting the comp (this season) the teams who play them twice are getting a huge advantage.

What rubbish.Every year there’s a distortion in the comp and it won’t change until there’s either 16 or 32 rounds.Look at the Roosters this year for eg.They play the Dolphins twice but they also have to play Storm,Panthers,Rabbits and Eels twice

What rubbish.Every year there’s a distortion in the comp and it won’t change until there’s either 16 or 32 rounds.Look at the Roosters this year for eg.They play the Dolphins twice but they also have to play Storm,Panthers,Rabbits and Eels twice
You are correct but by rushing to add 1 team and creating byes the NRL have added to the imbalance in the draw. They should've added 2 teams and given them 2+ years to get their rosters in place.

You are correct but by rushing to add 1 team and creating byes the NRL have added to the imbalance in the draw. They should've added 2 teams and given them 2+ years to get their rosters in place.
Yes the NRL did rush their inclusion but every year there’s an imbalance in the draw and I can’t recall a team not making the 8 that can use the excuse that their draw was unfair.

Yes the NRL did rush their inclusion but every year there’s an imbalance in the draw and I can’t recall a team not making the 8 that can use the excuse that their draw was unfair.
Last year Raiders had an easier draw than the Broncos and the Broncos missed out by 2 points. No one listens to complainers after the fact but that doesn't make it fair.

Last year Raiders had an easier draw than the Broncos and the Broncos missed out by 2 points. No one listens to complainers after the fact but that doesn't make it fair.
The draw side of that argument maybe true,but the Broncos had ample opportunity to make the 8 and did lose to the Dragons,Warriors and wooden spooners Tigers last season

No competition brings a team in that is rubbish from the start. The crushers had a bigger and better junior catchment than us yet were a joke plenty of teams have more juniors than us and are rubbish. Knights and Warriors are two.

They are terrible they "may" be better in a few years but who cares? All teams may be better we can only judge them now they have a rubbish squad filled up with pensioners getting one more pay day.

Be lucky to win 1 game this season. It distorts the comp the teams who play them twice are getting two extra byes.
Western Force

Dolphins will be fine, Rome wasn't built in a day.

So many need instant gratification these days

What rubbish.
No what's rubbish is pretending we can keep on adding teams and not dilute the comp. The fact the comp is already distorted doesn't change the fact that teams that play the dolphins twice this year are getting a leg up.

Dolphins will be fine, Rome wasn't built in a day.

So many need instant gratification these days

Heard the same argument with the crushers let's see how many fans this new team has. Spoon this season lets see how many stick I suggest not many.

It was rushed they should be joining next season and maybe they would have attracted one star still in their prime not all these old pensioners who used to be good players. Tesi niu and Brenko lee as starting centres make Parker and Harper look like stars.

Milford is shot hammer at fullback has nothing but speed I'm stunned at the weakness of the squad with no injuries I'm sure the nrl privately expected more pull from Bennett.

As for the bet sure let's do it. Unless a team is backing themselves to lose they should be ashamed to lose to that squad.

Heard the same argument with the crushers let's see how many fans this new team has. Spoon this season lets see how many stick I suggest not many.

It was rushed they should be joining next season and maybe they would have attracted one star still in their prime not all these old pensioners who used to be good players. Tesi niu and Brenko lee as starting centres make Parker and Harper look like stars.

Milford is shot hammer at fullback has nothing but speed I'm stunned at the weakness of the squad with no injuries I'm sure the nrl privately expected more pull from Bennett.

As for the bet sure let's do it. Unless a team is backing themselves to lose they should be ashamed to lose to that squad.

Oh no doubt it was rushed. No doubt they have a weaker squad then they would have liked but I'll judge them after 5 seasons, not 1.

In players like Katoa, Bostock and Teague they do have talent moving forward.

@Dan lets bookmark this. If the Dolphins win 2 or more games Koko will donate $20 to Silvertails. 1 or less and I will.

Done

Latecomers OK to join in? I don't think the proposed Dolphins run-on side is entirely terrible (problem though with depth), and I've said I prefer others for the spoon, if the Dolphins win less than 2 games I will also put $20 to Silvertails, if that is OK with all the parties.

I’m not willing to part with $20 (I’ll use that on a manly 1st try scorer instead) but judging from what I’ve seen so far and the list they’ve put together, I truly can’t see them beating anybody. They also have old forwards who will likely be susceptible to injuries which over a long season will only serve to weaken them further. Did the nrl give them any dispensation? Perhaps giving them an extra couple of mil on the cap each year for the first 5 years may have helped a bit. I know those new teams in the afl got a leg up.

I’m not willing to part with $20 (I’ll use that on a manly 1st try scorer instead) but judging from what I’ve seen so far and the list they’ve put together, I truly can’t see them beating anybody. They also have old forwards who will likely be susceptible to injuries which over a long season will only serve to weaken them further. Did the nrl give them any dispensation? Perhaps giving them an extra couple of mil on the cap each year for the first 5 years may have helped a bit. I know those new teams in the afl got a leg up.
I'm an advocate of this, maybe not to your level but I would have gone something like

Year 1 - 500k
2 - 400k
3 - 300k
4 - 200k
1 - 100k

Over clubs would cry blue murder though and the NRL donts have the balls

I'm an advocate of this, maybe not to your level but I would have gone something like

Year 1 - 500k
2 - 400k
3 - 300k
4 - 200k
1 - 100k

Over clubs would cry blue murder though and the NRL donts have the balls
Yeah my suggestion was off the cuff. If they have a terrible first season, then the issue of attracting marquee players still remains. And seriously who is in their marketing and design depts. horrible jersey, no area name for the locals to connect with. I would have gone with Moreton Bay Dolphins. Red and white being the primary colors with grey as a secondary and not as is prominent as the rubbish gold they have. I also would have made the emblem more appealing and similar to the current Redcliffe one (perhaps a touch less cartoonish), which is the grey color. Oh well, will be a tough season for them.

Have to expect the Dolphins to gradually develop a fairly competitive squad . Seems to have varied with new entrants over time , Raiders struggled in their initial seasons , not so much the Steelers , Crushers , Rams or Western Reds . Storm had a quite strong line up from the get go . Dolphins not lacking financial backing or good footing , Still a growing S E QLD , Sunshine Coast population . Manly certainly struggled a bit initially after the lamentable N E Eagles saga . Most probable in some years time , there will be push to add Perth or W A into the comp as well .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4