NRL SUSPENDED - Where to now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The random thoughts of an old revoluntionary spirit .... if the game is suspended for 3 months ...

The NRL is broke and trading insolvent ... the NRL placed in recievership ....

All players contracts with the clubs and NRL are null and void and all players become free agents .. (edit) .. of course the players could sue the clubs for payment ... but with no chance of even getting 2c in the dollar ... and sending the clubs bankrupt .. it is not in theoir interests to do so ... the only way they will get a good contract for next season is if there are clubs to provide them ...

All 16 clubs licenses become null and void and all clubs free agents ...

The clubs and players and the broadcasters get together to redesign the future of Rugby League ...

V'Landy's invited to head up the new administration of League ....

effigy's of Greenturd burnt in celebration in the streets ....

Happy days and let the games begin ...
Bit too radical for my liking overall but there would be quite a bit of support with some of those suggestions for sure .

Bit too radical for my liking overall but there would be quite a bit of support with some of those suggestions for sure .

They are not suggestions ... they are observable facts .... if the suspension exceeds the NRL's finances .... they ARE insolvent ..... with NO assets ....

No games ... No income .... NO NRL ....

and PSS .... I cannot see a bank extending them any credit without a rock solid guarantee that they have the support of the 16 clubs ... and that the future of the 16 clubs is also guaranteed .... and that is problematic for them ..

They are not suggestions ... they are observable facts .... if the suspension exceeds the NRL's finances .... they ARE insolvent ..... with NO assets ....

No games ... No income .... NO NRL ....

and PSS .... I cannot see a bank extending them any credit without a rock solid guarantee that they have the support of the 16 clubs ... and that the future of the 16 clubs is also guaranteed .... and that is problematic for them ..
Not too sure of the exact state of the N R L finances but apparently reported last week that there was some 30 mil or so in some reserve fund to access in any emerging crisis , Then when briefly watching N R L 360 heard that 130 mill may be available and assume that they would obviously not have that much in disposable funds right now so must be some borrowing factor there . Don't think that they would be in the category of being classified as being insolvent in the foreseeable future however . Anyway , not out of the question that the comp may resume in some form in 10 or 12 weeks time or so and players would have almost certainly accepted a pay cut by then in any case .

Not too sure of the exact state of the N R L finances but apparently reported last week that there was some 30 mil or so in some reserve fund to access in any emerging crisis , Then when briefly watching N R L 360 heard that 130 mill may be available and assume that they would obviously not have that much in disposable funds right now so must be some borrowing factor there . Don't think that they would be in the category of being classified as being insolvent in the foreseeable future however . Anyway , not out of the question that the comp may resume in some form in 10 or 12 weeks time or so and players would have almost certainly accepted a pay cut by then in any case .

130 million is about 4/5 months running costs .... after that they are well and truly tooled up the bazooka without the benefit of a reach around .... if they don't play games by June they will be insolvent ..

edit ... their one and only hope is V'landy is good enough to get a gov't handout ...

Wonder how Rupert is viewing the present problem , he still has a vested interest in having Rugby League as one of his main sporting content or broadcasting product
I suspect he has scarcely given it a thought he'd have his eye on much broader and deeper concerns at present!

With the NRL (and the country and the world) preoccupied with covid 19, footy players can probably act up now, with relative impunity. The media suddenly has a way bigger story to cover than the run of the mill league player scandal!
Whatever happened to Sivo's fiji case? The Dogs with schoolgirls? Is there even anyone left at NRL to deal with that, probably not!

If LOTR happened today:

Gollum: Sneezes on ring.

Frodo: "You know what? Just keep it."

Britain and Oz had the best bands in the world in the 80's. I worked on the David Bowie China girl clip on Long Reef beach and was my career music video highlight.
Special Brit mentions The Cure and The Cars.

Sorry to everyone for taking this OT.
I went and watched the glass spider tour two days in a row. Loved Bowie.
Heres another of my all time favourites.
We have much in common it would seem @40 years an eagle .

You find like souls in the strangest places buddy.@:cool:
Here's a couple of Aussie bands from the era. D Minor and the Dischords and Jimmy and the Boys. Happy youtubing .

MWSE forever.

You find them in the music clip thread on here

Especially since I posted the cars vid as well.

I guess, the nrl can turn into mtv (when they played music)

I'd be quite happy for the NRL to fold, NSWRL to take over, get rid of Broncos, Cowboys, Titans, Storm, Warriors & bring back the Magpies, Tigers, Steelers, Dragons as single entities with Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Bulldogs, Panthers, Eels, Sharks, Knights, Raiders....let those north of the border have there own 4 team competition & let's see who comes out the better. We didn't need any QLD teams since the inception of rugby league & we sure as hell don't need them now. The rivalries would be alive, tribalism would be rife, the competition would be great & crowds would come back to the numbers they used to be. Grounds would be full as all supporters would not have to travel interstate etc. SOO would still be a possibility as I'm sure those QLD players would be running to join the NSWRL teams. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm delusional? Maybe I don't know what the hell i'm talking about....if so can someone explain to me what was wrong with our game before we went interstate? Do we really care if we're not an international sport? We will never compete with soccer as an international sport. Rugby does kind of OK but not to the extent of soccer. AFL is not an international sport & do their supporters care? NO! They attend their domestic games & are more than satisfied.....just look at their attendances! I'm tired of the Broncos, Cowboys & Storm getting all the money, glory & being looked after by the NRL whilst my team is struggling because they stayed loyal during the Super League War..........Fu(k the lot of them & let's get our league back together!
Phew apologies for the rant................:eek:

I'd be quite happy for the NRL to fold, NSWRL to take over, get rid of Broncos, Cowboys, Titans, Storm, Warriors & bring back the Magpies, Tigers, Steelers, Dragons as single entities with Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Bulldogs, Panthers, Eels, Sharks, Knights, Raiders....let those north of the border have there own 4 team competition & let's see who comes out the better. We didn't need any QLD teams since the inception of rugby league & we sure as hell don't need them now. The rivalries would be alive, tribalism would be rife, the competition would be great & crowds would come back to the numbers they used to be. Grounds would be full as all supporters would not have to travel interstate etc. SOO would still be a possibility as I'm sure those QLD players would be running to join the NSWRL teams. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm delusional? Maybe I don't know what the hell i'm talking about....if so can someone explain to me what was wrong with our game before we went interstate? Do we really care if we're not an international sport? We will never compete with soccer as an international sport. Rugby does kind of OK but not to the extent of soccer. AFL is not an international sport & do their supporters care? NO! They attend their domestic games & are more than satisfied.....just look at their attendances! I'm tired of the Broncos, Cowboys & Storm getting all the money, glory & being looked after by the NRL whilst my team is struggling because they stayed loyal during the Super League War..........Fu(k the lot of them & let's get our league back together!
Phew apologies for the rant................:eek:

I reckon if you ask Arko or Quayle what their worst decision as league bosses was, privately they would tell you it was letting in the Brisbane Broncos. If a Brisbane team was to enter the competition it should have been a QRL run side and not a private consortium who have never had the games best interest at heart. Their only concern has been the total at the bottom of the balance sheet. Its the one decision they would regret.

NRL 2020: Shane Richardson quits South Sydney Rabbitohs
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
March 26, 2020 2:08pm

Veteran South Sydney Rabbitohs boss Shane Richardson has quit rugby league.
There has been talk for some time about friction at the Rabbitohs between Richardson, coach Wayne Bennett and chairman Nick Pappas.

“In times like these, leaders have to step forward and lead ,” Richardson said. WTF?

South Sydney Rabbitohs General Manager of Football, Shane Richardson.

“When we were reviewing things with Blake (Solly) early in the week, it became very clear to me on Tuesday that I needed to step down. The cost of having me remain in the football department was one of our largest costs and as a Club we need to cut the cloth to suit the suit....The suit looks great Shane.......but, but he isn't wearing anything at all......

“I made the decision on my own, it’s my decision, and then I informed Blake, the board and Russell (Crowe).....**** you Russell

“No one pushed me into this decision. It became very obvious to me that this was a decision that needed to be made for the next 18 months for the club.....I did it for the club....no really.....

“I’ll remain on as a consultant to the club to assist in different areas where they see the need and this will be a part time arrangement.”.... Hahaha

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2