• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SUPERCOACH has just become incredibly complicated because fantasy coaches now have to balance a host of often conflicting factors.The Corey Parker conundrum, impending bye/Origin season, a lack of cheapies and a need to save trades are all combining to ensure a tough few weeks.

Catch you for our usual live chat at 1pm Friday. Send questions and comments now.

LATE MAIL: Team changes and gossip

LATEST SUPERCOACH VID: Buy, hold, sell

COREY CONUNDRUM

For head-to-head players, Parker is a must given his current price. But it’s a different story for overall players. If Parker doesn’t make Origin, he will miss only two games over the rep period and will therefore be an essential buy. If he plays Origin but backs up, he will miss four weeks over the rep period, which is easy enough to cover. But if he doesn’t back up from Origin (Broncos coach Anthony Griffin banned his players from doing so last year if they played big minutes for Queensland), Parker will miss six games, making him a liability.

BYE/ORIGIN SEASON

For overall players, the teams with the best bye schedules are (in order) the Warriors, Sharks, Panthers, Roosters, Dragons, Cowboys, Tigers, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Knights and Broncos. For head-to-head players, the best teams are the Storm, Titans, Eels, Sea Eagles and Bulldogs.

LACK OF CHEAPIES

Many players are looking to free up money to buy Parker this week. But a lack of quality cheapies is making it difficult.

That said, rounds nine and 10 could be good weeks for cheapies considering a number of potential candidates - Neccrom Areaiiti, Josh Starling, Matt Ryan, Aidan Sezer, Matt Robinson, Jack Bosden, Geoff Daniela and Matt McIlwrick - are either making their debuts or playing their second match this week.

SAVING TRADES

The huge injury toll has forced plenty of SuperCoaches to burn trades faster than wanted. Overall players need to conserve players for the Origin period, while head-to-head players need to conserve trades for the finals.

The final lockout explained

DESPITE two games having already been played this round, you can still make changes before Friday’s full lockout at 7.30pm.

While Roosters, Dragons, Warriors and Storm players have been locked in following their Anzac Day clashes, changes can still be made as normal before the final lockout.

In other words, you can substitute, captain, vice-captain and trade like you normally would, but only on the teams yet to play. You can’t alter players who have already played.

The only function not available is the reverse trades option, which was disabled at the beginning of the first match on Wednesday.

BUY
Robbie Farah
The star Tigers hooker and SuperCoach superstar can be bought very cheap this week following a concussion-induced score of eight last round. Possible Origin selection is the only drawback.
Price $282,300

HOLD
Cheyse Blair
The hulking Parramatta youngster – already one the buys of the year - seems set for some more hefty rises after being moved closer to the action at centre to accommodate Luke Burt’s return.
Price $154,900

SELL
Konrad Hurrell
After starting the year at centre, the early season buzz buy has dropped behind Krisnan Inu and Glen Fisiahii in the Warriors’ pecking order and can be sold as soon as a quality replacement emerges.
Price $120,800

WHO’S HOT

JAMIE LYON
The proven performer roared back to form with a brilliant 75 last round, but can still be picked up at a bargain rate following a slow start. Has retired from representative footy.

BLAKE AUSTIN
The early-season struggler has moved to starting five-eighth and finally shown SuperCoaches why he was such a popular early-season pick. Great bye schedule for overall players.

GONE COLD

DENE HALATAU
The Canterbury back rower hasn’t played the full 80 minutes for the last three games and his scores have suffered. Even so, he is worth holding for the round 11 bye, before re-assessing.

NATHAN HINDMARSH
Slightly reduced minutes have dropped the Paramatta veteran’s price to very affordable levels - as long as you can cover his tough byes in rounds 11 and 14.

WINNING TIPS
“The bye rounds are fast approaching. If possible, save trades for one more week. From next round lots of trades are needed to put quality men on the field and keep in touch with the leaders.”
- Matt Mullen (winner 2009)

“Now is the time to make those trades in preparation for the byes. Any later than now could be too late. Players like Gold Coast hooker Matt Srama have bottomed out and could be worth looking into.”
- Martin Bigg (winner 2011)

NewwyEagle said:
Fluffy said:
where is the BE stuff?

I cant recall ever seeing that.

trial supercoach gold or buy it for $20, it's well worth $20 for the extra details you get. Jennings out injured might stuff me for the weekend, he's only out for 2 weeks though so I don't know if wasting a trade on him is sensible. Just means Break Even, if Parker has a BE of 125 he has to score 125 points for his price to remain the same. Price of the player will adjust pending on the BE score.

NewwyEagle said:
Fluffy said:
where is the BE stuff?

I cant recall ever seeing that.

trial supercoach gold or buy it for $20, it's well worth $20 for the extra details you get. Jennings out injured might stuff me for the weekend, he's only out for 2 weeks though so I don't know if wasting a trade on him is sensible. Just means Break Even, if Parker has a BE of 125 he has to score 125 points for his price to remain the same. Price of the player will adjust pending on the BE score.

Holy crap, that is a poor paragraph. Sorry, it's Friday afternoon.

I'm too much of a tight arse and I vowed never to give the telecrap another cent after their 'reporting' on snake's incident. I've managed to crack the BE formula the last two years and have also come up with a estimated price change formula that is not 100% accurate but gets reasonably close.

this week Seaeagle Assassins scored 1155

OUT Reynolds IN Hayne
OUT Burgess IN MAtt Ryan

1. Slater
2. Mannering
3. Halatau
4. Lyon
5. Everingham
6. Hayne
7. Carney
8. Luke
9. Woods
10. Graham
11. Gallen (CAPTAIN)
12. Taia
13. Parker ( VICE CAPTAIN )
14. Norman RESERVE
15. Buhrer RESERVE
16. Mateo RESERVE
17. Matt Ryan RESERVE
leftOvers
Hurrel
Sio
Johnson
Henry
McIlwrick
Lawton
Geddes

Fluffy said:
1075 for me this week and both wins.

To Fensom or wait another week

He's got another price drop in him Fluff, BE of 100+. I'm waiting a week before swapping Ben Henry (BE of 6) for him.

I won 4 from 5 this week with 950 (had Stanley and Johnson in my team) and lost the other by 5. It's called winning ugly ;)

I knew he would be over 100 for BE but i was thinking i could do with the extra 30+ points just to be sure.

20o26g.jpg

Next round

RAUCOUS CURLY
Annelise
vs
DRUNK MONKEYS
glenn

BONES
Paul
vs
PHIL DUKE ALLSTARS
Damien

SHE TEATERS
Graeme
vs
MATTY K SEAEAGLES
Matt

BOB DYLAN
Peter
vs
DOUGS DAZZLERS
Doug

CABARITA EAGLES
Adam
vs
SARCASTIK PRICKS
Ricky

LLOYDY'S C BOMBS
Dave
vs
TUGGERAH TURTLES
brendan

BELROSEEAGLES
Matt
vs
BERKS_EAGLES
john

KAVSTARS
Peter
vs
CTSYDNEY
Craig

339m73k.jpg

DEVILS INO
STEVE
def
RILEY'S EAGLES
Shane

THE JUGGERNAUT
david
def
KENDAL RAMS
Andy

JAZZ
Peter
def by
SEA EAGLES
peter

MARIA'S ARMY
Maria
def
MACKAYEAGLES
robert

HASLER2012
Aleks
def by
EAGLE ROCKERS
Daniel

SWOOPERS
John
def by
2VS EAGLES
Kane

DINGOES
Lee
def by
EAGLEROCK
GARY

SEAEAGLE ASSASSINS (Which is Me as Well)
Johnny
def
COPPER NANOTUBES
Matthew

DEVILS INO
STEVE
vs
DINGOES
Lee

THE JUGGERNAUT
david
vs
SEAEAGLE ASSASSINS
Johnny

JAZZ
Peter
vs
HASLER2012
Aleks

MARIA'S ARMY
Maria
vs
SWOOPERS
John

MACKAYEAGLES
robert
vs
2VS EAGLES
Kane

SEA EAGLES
peter
vs
EAGLE ROCKERS
Daniel

KENDAL RAMS
Andy
vs
COPPER NANOTUBES
Matthew

RILEY'S EAGLES
Shane
vs
EAGLEROCK
GARY

hmmm bye and origin season - could hurt a bit. I have the money saved but not the wins i was hoping for early on.

farken Ciraldo has most likely cost me the win tongiht not playing - scores are tied before the recount.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2