• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Tom Sangster
Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 01:35pm

NRL SuperCoach is back to consume our lives once again. We’re launching on January 25 (next Wednesday), so to whet the appetite (and start the mayhem), here’s an exclusive sneak peek at some key player prices and positions.

Corey Parker, Broncos, back row, $488,100
The best player in SuperCoach will set you back plenty this year. But he’s well worth it.

James Graham, Bulldogs, front row forward, $271,900
The SuperCoach organisers have realised what most of us already know, Pommy import Graham will be a SuperCoach gun.

Ashley Harrison, Titans, back row, $332,200
The perennial performer is no longer available at five-eighth, dramatically reducing his SuperCoach worth.

Simon Mannering, Warriors, back row and centre/wing, $288,600
The hardworking Warrior will be a popular pick after being handed dual position status.

I’ll be taking questions live at noon Friday. Send questions and comments now.

SUPERCOACH LAUNCHES ON JANUARY 25 (NEXT WEDNESDAY)

Jason Taumalolo, Cowboys, back row, $150,700
Averaged 43 last year (which would generally mean a price in the low $200,000s), but has been discounted slightly because he only played three games.

Clint Newton, Panthers, back row, $162,600
Didn’t set the fantasy world alight in his past NRL stints, but apparently returns from the Super League a new player.

Kyle Stanley, Dragons, fullback and centre/wing, $185,000
Played bit-parts last year and therefore starts cheap. Gets first crack at Darius Boyd’s fullback spot.

Alex Glenn, Broncos, back row, $275,800
The centre/wing revelation of last season is only available in the back row this year.

Terry Campese, Raiders, five-eighth, $266,800
Plenty of SuperCoaches were looking for a discount this year due to Campese’s injury woes. But no such luck.

Johnathan Thurston, Cowboys, halfback and five-eighth, $336,000
Now available at halfback AND five-eighth, where he is set to play for the Cowboys, Queensland and Australia this year.

Note: These are the prices and positions as they stand now. They are subject to change. In fact, the prices are often adjusted by a percentage point or two in the final days before launch get the formula spot on. Some prices may even be totally recalculated. But in the main, these prices will be very close to the final figures (if not exact) and therefore offer a great tool for helping your teams take shape.

Be part of the SuperCoach Twitter chat @TomSangsterSC and join our Facebook page below.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegr...r_2012_season/

FOR those who are new to NRL SuperCoach, our rugby league fantasy game, here's an L-plate guide on how to get your team started. Note: SuperCoach launches Wednesday January 25.

1. Log on to http://nrlfantasy.dailytelegraph.com.au/. Click the "register and play now" icon. Enter your details, pick your team jersey and team name - and you’re underway.

2. Now it’s time to join a league so you can play against other people. You can either be placed in a public league, join a friend’s existing league or create your own league and invite friends.

3. Select your team. You have $5m to spend and 25 spots to fill. Each of your players will receive a weekly score based on their real-life statistics, creating a total score for your team. (See scoring system below)

4. So what's the best way to spend your money? Here is a useful hint: Forwards are the best fantasy players because they perform the most work.

5. Before lockout (usually on a Friday night), you will need to pick a playing 17 from your total of 25 players (13 starting players and four reserves). Only the points of your 17 count. You will also need to pick a captain, who earns double points.

6. Follow your score live at the match centre within SuperCoach, before your final score is released on Tuesday afternoon.

7. As the season progresses, use your 30 trades to develop your team into a SuperCoach powerhouse. Player prices rise and fall according to form – so take advantage of this. Tom Sangster's blog is a good resource for improving your team.

8. If you have any issues, use the "help" icon at the top right of SuperCoach. It gives detailed information about all steps above to help you on your way.

Scoring:

Tries: 15 Points
Try Assists: 10 Points
Goals: 4 Points
Missed Goals: -2 Points
Field Goals: 5 Points
Missed Field Goals: -1 Point
Tackles: 1 Point
Missed Tackles: -1 Point
Offloads: 4 Points
Line Breaks: 8 Points
Line Break Assists: 6 Points
40/20: 10 Points
Hitups (all runs): 2 Points
Penalties Conceded: -2 Points
Errors: -2 Points
Sin Bin/Send offs: -8/-16 Points

I have joined to late to be apart of supercoach this year. Dammit! I have been a great supercoacher in the past and cannot wait to play against you guys next season.

after a very slow start last year (my first) it wasnt until after origin that i cracked the 1000 point mark, took 2 rounds this year. Hope i follow the same improvement, will average about 1600 by years end

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8