NRL: Restarting May 28th. Grand Final Oct 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well sadly for the #boomerremover fans I’m still alive.

Hope you don’t have aged grandparents as they are the ones being removed ( at a rapid rate).

I can’t imagine the heartbreak of losing a family member close to you and not even being able to say goodbye.

Pleased to say I’m in,

#boomersurvivalmode

Nice guilt trip there but yeah no dice, I'm not buying it, hell I'm probably susceptible to dying from it myself

Weren't you the ones always suggesting people get thicker skin? It's just a joke bro Jesus so soft

Yes Nick I agree, but why stop there, maybe we should restart the comp on zero points until the roosters win their first game, that sounds even fairer. Or would you just like to be handed the premiership now, saves wasting all that time and effort. Also, the nrl are a bit cash strapped, so, how many years would you like to be appointed premiers and how much are you willing to pay for that. P.S. happy Easter

Players open to November finish to fit in more games

NRL players would be willing to play out the remaining 23 rounds in an extended season to fulfil their contractual obligations, according to RLPA chief Clint Newton.

But the notion of extending the competition to replicate a regular season could also meet the NRL's intention to "fulfil our contractual obligations" to broadcasters Nine and Foxtel, as ARL Commissioner Wayne Pearce said on Thursday.
Newton said player welfare would be paramount to the RLPA’s stance on the competition's format, especially for any team required to relocate to play, like the Warriors and potentially the three Queensland-based clubs and Melbourne.
But provided an adequate break can be provided for players between completing the 2020 campaign and gearing up again once more for next season, he said playing until mid-November should come into consideration.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Where does this "mid-november" bullsh1t come from?? Who is trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes? Surely Newton is smart enough to calculate that a 25 round comp would have a november 29 completion!

How about an each team plays eachother once comp? 3 game SOO series with bye rounds, GF in mid october.

We will lose at least 10 rounds (going on a May 28 restart) from the standard season schedule because of Covid so a 15 round comp makes absolute sense!
It is not fair to make the un-match-fit players play 23 rounds and 3 SOO games with no bye rounds and finish up with a november 29 GF in 30 degree heat.

Let the players play for the deal agreed, plus the additional broadcast percentage promised and let the NRL PAY for their mismanagement by not getting a full season's broadcast rights. If they go broke...so be it.

Make them lie in the bed they shat in.
If the NRL can reap a full season's broadcast rights at the expense of he players) they WILL be let off the hook for the years of mismanagement and WILL continue to do it again!!

It is the only FAIR way and "the game" will assuredly be better off whatever eventuates.

If the NRL would not allow DCE to be in on negotiations because he was too strong then they should think themselves lucky it isn't me instead.

Edit: And get rid of Wayne Pearce...he has become a corporate boot-licking pussy!

What about what's best for the game Wayne you lame-arse?
Agree mate....Pearce is an illiterate twat who can’t string a simple sentence together. How the hell that man is an NRL commissioner has got me tossed. What qualifications has he got? ZERO!!! I couldn’t stand the pr!ck when he was a player & couldn’t stand him when he tried his luck at commentating. He’s annoyingly dumb. Legend my ar$e.......

We are about to have confirmation about who truly runs the NRL. If Politis is allowed to get away with his arrogant demand that all points are void from the games played so far this season, it just confirms everyones understanding outside the Rorter NRL bubble that something truly stinks in our game.

I cannot believe they would even consider this!! If thre was ever a chance to change the regime its right now and weed out the fat cats and selfishness that is rampant under Greenturds running of the game!!

Okay ... if we are going to have a comp where everybody plays each other once ... then the 2 games played should be counted ...

However, ... if we are going to play a reduced comp ... then the 2 games played should be wiped ... it is inherently unfair for teams that have played 2 of the top teams V teams that have played the 2 bottom teams ....

Okay ... if we are going to have a comp where everybody plays each other once ... then the 2 games played should be counted ...

However, ... if we are going to play a reduced comp ... then the 2 games played should be wiped ... it is inherently unfair for teams that have played 2 of the top teams V teams that have played the 2 bottom teams ....
Is it fair for middle teams to only play middle teams?

Wars and revolutions usually follow catastrophic crop loses .... usually brought about by natural disasters .... I get the feeling that after the isolation .. individuals will come out refreshed and more focused on what is important in life ... and with the economic cost .. Gov'ts will become a lot more aware of their vulnerability and may start to become responsible ... high hopes ...

PSS .... Trump was ahead of his time again with building the wall ... I think the virus is starting to make it look like a great idea ...

Reminds me of a quote, when goods stop crossing borders army's start crossing.

Uncle nic
No way in hell should we give up our 2 points
Roosters had all the ball in the second half and we still won
Stop being a spoiled brat
Easts are 0-2 and i love it
Exactly! Happy that the Sharks are 0-2 also. Only wish Knights & Eels were 0-2 as well......

Reports this morning that players could be signed to NRL clubs for 2020 from other comps that won't play in 2020, including Super League and all of the pro RU comps. Thats a heap of footballers. The obvious ones are SBW and Izzy. But i'd be happy if Manly signed England RU's Owen Farrell as a 5/8th just for 2020. He is the son of Andy Farrell and played league until mid teens i think.

David and I wont let sbw go anywhere. He's had knee surgery and is recovering nicely on his big pile o money.

;)

Reports this morning that players could be signed to NRL clubs for 2020 from other comps that won't play in 2020, including Super League and all of the pro RU comps. Thats a heap of footballers. The obvious ones are SBW and Izzy. But i'd be happy if Manly signed England RU's Owen Farrell as a 5/8th just for 2020. He is the son of Andy Farrell and played league until mid teens i think.
I don’t believe a word. The salary cap makes it impossible. And uncle Nick should stop acting like the big kid who brought the ball to the park who wants to make all the rules.

PSS .... Trump was ahead of his time again with building the wall ... I think the virus is starting to make it look like a great idea ...
Love your satirical flourishes Woodsie. You should pitch your wares at the Shovel or the Chaser, or the Betoota Advocate.

Personally I wish they would give the whole thing away for 2020. More harm than good will come of this. Refer to my post elsewhere on the fate of the two rugby codes in France in the post-War/post-Vichy era.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8