NRL: Restarting May 28th. Grand Final Oct 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Players open to November finish to fit in more games

NRL players would be willing to play out the remaining 23 rounds in an extended season to fulfil their contractual obligations, according to RLPA chief Clint Newton.

But the notion of extending the competition to replicate a regular season could also meet the NRL's intention to "fulfil our contractual obligations" to broadcasters Nine and Foxtel, as ARL Commissioner Wayne Pearce said on Thursday.
Newton said player welfare would be paramount to the RLPA’s stance on the competition's format, especially for any team required to relocate to play, like the Warriors and potentially the three Queensland-based clubs and Melbourne.
But provided an adequate break can be provided for players between completing the 2020 campaign and gearing up again once more for next season, he said playing until mid-November should come into consideration.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Where does this "mid-november" bullsh1t come from?? Who is trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes? Surely Newton is smart enough to calculate that a 25 round comp would have a november 29 completion!

How about an each team plays eachother once comp? 3 game SOO series with bye rounds, GF in mid october.

We will lose at least 10 rounds (going on a May 28 restart) from the standard season schedule because of Covid so a 15 round comp makes absolute sense!
It is not fair to make the un-match-fit players play 23 rounds and 3 SOO games with no bye rounds and finish up with a november 29 GF in 30 degree heat.

Let the players play for the deal agreed, plus the additional broadcast percentage promised and let the NRL PAY for their mismanagement by not getting a full season's broadcast rights. If they go broke...so be it.

Make them lie in the bed they shat in.
If the NRL can reap a full season's broadcast rights at the expense of he players) they WILL be let off the hook for the years of mismanagement and WILL continue to do it again!!

It is the only FAIR way and "the game" will assuredly be better off whatever eventuates.

If the NRL would not allow DCE to be in on negotiations because he was too strong then they should think themselves lucky it isn't me instead.

Edit: And get rid of Wayne Pearce...he has become a corporate boot-licking pussy!

What about what's best for the game Wayne you lame-arse?

Last edited:
Look, lets be real here.

There is one reason and one reason only why the NRL want to re-start the season by 28 May.

Money. Plain and simple its about money.

Without their normal revenue streams, including their biggest revenue which is television, the NRL is going broke. The simple fact is that the NRL and its clubs just don't have the money to sustain themselves for a long period without the game being played. The pandemic has exposed big time their frivolous spending and complete and utter mismanagement of their finances and they are absolutely desperate to generate some revenue even if its only from television. And the only way they can do that is by playing football. Without it, unlike the AFL who were at least smart enough to have major assets as a backup (e.g. owning the Docklands Stadium) the NRL really have nothing to fall back on.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the season re-start. Its killing me not getting to see Manly play every week right now. But the reality is that until restrictions are lifted because either there has been a successful vaccine introduced or that the country eventually gets to a point where the virus is no longer anywhere near the problem it is now ... I honestly think that a 28 May re-start date is nothing more than a pipe dream. If the game re-starts anytime before 2021 I'll be surprised.

Last edited:
Not everyone watches your fear mongering **** shows like today tonight or 60 minutes

Australia has what 25 MILLION people out of which 6100ish have confirmed cases of boomer remover, if it wasn't for the absolute failure of Sydney and that *ing cruise ship we'd have a hell of a lot less, Tassie had * all up to the time when some dickhead boomers decided to go on a boat like boomers do , no work all play then come home ignoring what's best for everyone else , because it's all about them

122 confirmed cases with 40 something recovered and that's with the hospital of death in the place

This will blow over, this Hazzard moron is flexing muscle because of how hard the moron failed at a simple job, don't let a ****en boat in
Boomer remover... can you elaborate? Why are you swearing all the time haha take a valium and drink some tea

I smell desperation. This isn’t going to go well.

let’s strip all the points. Then resume, then have to pause. Then strip all the points (if uncle nick isn’t happy) then just decide to have a finals series with the roosters and broncos.

Can "t see the problem in the N R L proposing a resumption in that time frame if the format at least initially will still consist of no crowds and other stringent measures . Still some seven weeks away and no doubt in four weeks or so , should be a fairly clear indication whether the virus transmission situation is in some form of reasonable and manageable state . Probably is going to be a fairly surreal experience with the players resuming full on playing but would have the opportunity with some intensive team training and preparation at least a couple of weeks before that playing resumption suggestion time .

Look, lets be real here.

There is one reason and one reason only why the NRL want to re-start the season by 28 May.

Money. Plain and simple its about money.

Without their normal revenue streams, including their biggest revenue which is television, the NRL is going broke. The simple fact is that the NRL and its clubs just don't have the money to sustain themselves for a long period without the game being played. The pandemic has exposed big time their frivolous spending and complete and utter mismanagement of their finances and they are absolutely desperate to generate some revenue even if its only from television. And the only way they can do that is by playing football. Without it, unlike the AFL who were at least smart enough to have major assets as a backup (e.g. owning the Docklands Stadium) the NRL really have nothing to fall back on.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the season re-start. Its killing me not getting to see Manly play every week right now. But the reality is that until restrictions are lifted because either there has been a successful vaccine introduced or that the country eventually gets to a point where the virus is no longer anywhere near the problem it is now ... I honestly think that a 28 May re-start date is nothing more than a pipe dream. If the game re-starts anytime before 2021 I'll be surprised.

V8 .. In three weeks the new infection rate has gone from approx 25% per day down to approx 1.5% per day and falling ... and with a total confirmed cases of approx 6100 ... with the number of people recovering and no longer contagous is now down to less than 2000 active cases and falling daily ... there are now far less people contracting the virus daily than are recovering daily ...

If these fiqures continue to trend .... in 7 weeks we will be in single digit territory ...

In fact, there is a train of thought at the highest levels that we have been too successful in stalling the virus ... and that now we have mobilised the health care sector, increased ICU beds and ventilators supply ... that we should increase the infection rate to the less at risk by reopening schools and cafes ... so that a larger herd immunity base begins to be established ..

Mate ... the answer is still a kumquat ... but 7 weeks to May 28th is a long time .... I think the environment will be very different than today ....

Mate ... the answer is still a kumquat ... but 7 weeks to May 28th is a long time .... I think the environment will be very different than today ....
Yes, by then enough of the world should be starting to see the sort of conditions conducive to an outbreak of world war 3 within the next 24 months or so.
So yes, all good really!

Yes, by then enough of the world should be starting to see the sort of conditions conducive to an outbreak of world war 3 within the next 24 months or so.
So yes, all good really!

Wars and revolutions usually follow catastrophic crop loses .... usually brought about by natural disasters .... I get the feeling that after the isolation .. individuals will come out refreshed and more focused on what is important in life ... and with the economic cost .. Gov'ts will become a lot more aware of their vulnerability and may start to become responsible ... high hopes ...

PSS .... Trump was ahead of his time again with building the wall ... I think the virus is starting to make it look like a great idea ...

Lol. Bit before my time, but this is what google produced for 'cockeyed optimist''

I too am happy to be stuck like a dope with a thing called hope, but also like the saying 'hope for the best, prepare for the worst' :)

Boomer remover... can you elaborate? Why are you swearing all the time haha take a valium and drink some tea
I'm bored, stuck at home and I feel dirty just going to the shops, the liberals want to kill a number in the hundreds of thousands of people achieving herd immunity, y'all voted for them and somehow dip**** firelord is gaining popularity

Not everyone watches your fear mongering **** shows like today tonight or 60 minutes

Australia has what 25 MILLION people out of which 6100ish have confirmed cases of boomer remover, if it wasn't for the absolute failure of Sydney and that *ing cruise ship we'd have a hell of a lot less, Tassie had * all up to the time when some dickhead boomers decided to go on a boat like boomers do , no work all play then come home ignoring what's best for everyone else , because it's all about them

122 confirmed cases with 40 something recovered and that's with the hospital of death in the place

This will blow over, this Hazzard moron is flexing muscle because of how hard the moron failed at a simple job, don't let a ****en boat in

Well sadly for the #boomerremover fans I’m still alive.

Hope you don’t have aged grandparents as they are the ones being removed ( at a rapid rate).

I can’t imagine the heartbreak of losing a family member close to you and not even being able to say goodbye.

Pleased to say I’m in,

#boomersurvivalmode

The ancient Romans knew the value of giving the unwashed masses gladitiorial distractions ....

With the toll on mental welfare caused by isolation .. coupled with being told you are stacking the dishwasher wrong .... the gov't will be all for the comp restarting ....

.. and if the infection rates continue to fall ... more pressure is going to build for them to reboot the country as soon as possible .... we ain't outa da woods yet ... but there are optimistic signs ....
I hope so! Somehow I think reopening is going to be harder than closing things down ......

V8 .. In three weeks the new infection rate has gone from approx 25% per day down to approx 1.5% per day and falling ... and with a total confirmed cases of approx 6100 ... with the number of people recovering and no longer contagous is now down to less than 2000 active cases and falling daily ... there are now far less people contracting the virus daily than are recovering daily ...

If these fiqures continue to trend .... in 7 weeks we will be in single digit territory ...

In fact, there is a train of thought at the highest levels that we have been too successful in stalling the virus ... and that now we have mobilised the health care sector, increased ICU beds and ventilators supply ... that we should increase the infection rate to the less at risk by reopening schools and cafes ... so that a larger herd immunity base begins to be established ..

All it will take is one spike in the daily/weekly figures and everything goes pear shaped again.

To use a well used quote ... if the NRL thinks that they are going to be able to re-start by 28 May and that they will get their full proposed season in ... tell `em they're dreamin'.

I don't think he was saying it will be "all good", just that the current trends are encouraging and 28 May is still a long time away. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Just my opinion though.
A perfectly valid opinion. But the other side of the coin is that pretty much anything could happen from here. Actually I agree with @Woodsie who nailed it by saying the answer is a kumquat (whatever that is!)

Around 6300 recognised cases to date in a population of over 25 million and the spread is in decline now. I’m willing to bet the situation won’t get out of hand in Australia like it has in other countries that have higher populations and more dense living conditions.

I can see the game re-starting behind closed doors in May or June

Around 6300 recognised cases to date in a population of over 25 million and the spread is in decline now. I’m willing to bet the situation won’t get out of hand in Australia like it has in other countries that have higher populations and more dense living conditions.

I can see the game re-starting behind closed doors in May or June

If things don’t go pear shaped I’d agree.

Roosters boss Nick Politis demands the NRL restart the competition ladder
Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph
April 11, 2020 6:34pm

The NRL’s most influential official, billionaire Roosters boss Nick Politis, is demanding the season be restarted on May 28 with all 16 clubs on zero points to protect the integrity of the competition.
In a rare public outburst as the Roosters attempt to become the first side in 37 years to win a treble of premierships, Politis says the competition will become “meaningless” if it resumes over 13 games.
“If you change the draw, you’ve got to start again,” he said.
It is estimated clubs will need a minimum 16 points to make the top eight under a 15-round competition format or 22 points to make the top four.
“It’s like changing the race from a Melbourne Cup (two miles) to a Doncaster (one mile) after it’s already started,” Politis said.

“It becomes meaningless and makes it almost mathematically impossible for the bottom sides to make the top four.

“We have been preparing all along for a 24-round season. That’s why we rested Boyd Cordner for the first two games.”

Politis insists the NRL should play out the full season into November if the premiership table is to stay as is.

“This isn’t just about the Roosters,” he said. “It’s about the integrity of the competition and giving every club and their fans a fair chance.”

The NRL is still undecided about a schedule for the resumption of the competition.

There is still talk of two conferences, playing each other twice, or another 13 more rounds to allow each club to play each other once. Now there are suggestions of adding rivalry rounds to stretch the season out.

The New Zealand Warriors and the Cronulla Sharks are supporting Politis.

Warriors CEO Cameron George said: “The landscape of the competition has changed dramatically.

“If we’re sitting here now with 22 rounds to go, the chances of making the top four, top six or top eight are far more achievable than trying to do it with 13 games left.

“Are they going to change the draw? That in itself makes it a new competition.”

Sharks boss Dino Mezzatesta says the same thing.

“We’ve played finals football for the last five years,” he said. “It would be devastating for our fans to miss out this year because it’s a shortened season.

“We lost really close games to Souths and Storm but showed enough to think we could make the finals again. Under the new format, it makes it so much harder.”

The New Zealand Warriors are already at a disadvantage of having to move from their homes and families in New Zealand to set up a permanent base in Sydney.

They also had to give up a home game to play the Canberra Raiders on the Gold Coast.

Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill declined to get involved.

“Once we know the competition structure, we can have the debate,” he said. “There are various models ranging from a seven-game season to 15 games.”

Undefeated Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is ready for a fight to keep his competition points.

“I promise you I would fight this for my players, our sponsors and every single Raiders fan,” he said.

“I’m positive Trent Robinson, who is on the innovations committee, understands how hard players work in preparation for the start of the season — and deserve their results.”

There has been much talk of club bias on the Apollo innovation committee.

While Robinson and Wayne Bennett are there, so too is Raiders boss Don Furner and Wayne Pearce, whose son Mitchell is undefeated this year at the Knights.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NRL’s most influential official, billionaire Roosters boss Nick Politis

Well, at least someone is saying publicly what we all know.

I'm not sure what the "right" decision is, whether to start from 0 or leave how it is but there's no way anyone could believe in the integrity of the comments from coaches and owners when:

Everyone on 2 wins wants the wins to be kept
Everyone on less than two wants the points to be reset.

Are we all supposed to miss the agendas here?

tenor.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7