NRL: Restarting May 28th. Grand Final Oct 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It would take a very special sort of mental gymnastics to draw even the remotest parallels between the emotions and attitudes of post war French Rugby fans to Vichy collaborators after 5 years of Nazi occupation and National embarassment .... and Rugby League in Australia in 2020 .

It is an absurdity of Churchilian proportion ......
There needs to be a crack pipe emoji

More pertinently, how is he going on the COVID-19 front?

21,000+ US citizens now deceased. I wonder how many Fairyfloss Head voters, let alone his myriad detractors, care about any physical barriers with Mexico right now.

The funny is for the “ fairy floss head voters “ ,don’t believe I’ve ever heard that before, but love it!!

Is everyone optimistic of a late May or early June start??

I’m not sure but it’s definitely one thing to say it’s going to happen and quite another for governments to allow it to do so.

We are going pretty well by world standards so that is giving me some hope.

Actually the US was well aware, because China confirmed to the world on 20 january that the virus spread person to person. The White House Proclamation on 31 January suspending travel from China actually refers specifically to that fact. It also refers to the fact that person to person spread had already occurred within the US.
The fact the US knew the virus spread in the community, and that it was already in the US, means they knew the travel restriction alone could never achieve much by itself. Yet rather than start to prepare the population for the prospect of a significant impact, and using the time to start manufacturing equipment etc, the US doesn't seem to have done much until March, by which time plainly things had got out of hand. Wasting that precious time is really the main criticism I've heard about how the US has handled it all.
Agreed. Trump likes to go on about how he stopped planes coming in from China (and - quelle horreur! - was called a racist for doing so), but that did precisely **** all to stop the spread of the virus in the US, which mostly came in via planes from Europe. I know, right? Who knew white people could also be a danger? So yeah, he stopped planes from China. Worked a treat.

Is everyone optimistic of a late May or early June start??

I’m not sure but it’s definitely one thing to say it’s going to happen and quite another for governments to allow it to do so.

We are going pretty well by world standards so that is giving me some hope.

I would love for it to happen but I can't see it.

6-7 weeks away so players need to be isolated now so there is zero chance of contracting the virus.
Whilst ever the players are out in the community as they are now there is a chance one will test positive and it'll put the brakes on any re-start.

Okay ... anybody still believe the restart won't happen ..

We have seen over the past 4 wees Infection rates dropping from 400 a day to 200, then 100 then 40 and the past 2 days have been 21 and 7 ....if the trend continues with over 5 weeks to go ... then the voices to resart the economy will grow to a crescendo ...

And as for the soon to be voted out numbnut of a QLD Premier ... imagine telling the 2 heads they can't have their footy ... talk about election suicide ... she won't win a vote for school lollypop lady ... even she now says she is keen to talk to the NRL ... welcome to Jesus and here is your psalm book ...

Giddy up ... and doom to the nay sayers ...

We have seen over the past 4 wees Infection rates dropping from 400 a day to 200, then 100 then 40 and the past 2 days have been 21 and 7 ....if the trend continues with over 5 weeks to go ... then the voices to resart the economy will grow to a crescendo ...

And as for the soon to be voted out numbnut of a QLD Premier ... imagine telling the 2 heads they can't have their footy ... talk about election suicide ... she won't win a vote for school lollypop lady ... even she now says she is keen to talk to the NRL ... welcome to Jesus and here is your psalm book ...

I can't imagine anything resembling a normal season getting up in time. Logistically it seems like an impossibility to accomplish by then.
BUT I think that there is a huge opportunity to get something up and running. There is a huge vacuum in terms of sport to watch right now and anyone who can get something out there will pick up a heap of new fans. Unless they F it up and people get sick and even die.
I'm all for a smaller comp and even new teams and a draft for the new comp if it means we get something up and running. I'd hate for both govvernments and the NRL to piss around for so long that the season is over before it can start. Just work with what is possible and get something up now!!!!

Shortened season from round 3 with each team playing each other once. Gosh that sounds like a level playing field. Then top 6 semis final series. With origin series at end of season. That’s my bet. That will take us well into November.

Shortened season from round 3 with each team playing each other once. Gosh that sounds like a level playing field. Then top 6 semis final series. With origin series at end of season. That’s my bet. That will take us well into November.

I hope so...and maybe the scheduled Kangaroo tour of England.

I can't see anything but a top 8 finals series as the teams on 0 points after 2 rounds so far have almost no realistic chance of making a top 6... except the Rorters. I think it's very important to not discourage the 0 points teams, especially considering the Tits and Worriers will be going through a lot to help keep the season on track.

Come to Christ Woodsie you have a natural talent you could reach many and change lives :) time to start producing good fruits Mr Wood

I really hope that whatever happens with the season, the finals series is still as competitive and exciting as it usually is. Especially when we have a really good chance at doing well this season (injuries permitted). When corona first started ruining this season, I was like well whats the point of winning the grand final - but now I'm like why not!!!! Let's just go back to back ;)

You would think with the outside NSW club's forced into NSW they woild be disadvantaged. The donkeys won't be happy.

Still a heap of details to come.

I wonder if they will play at Brookie and let NSW club's use their own training facilities. You woould think we at well placed if the season resumes.

This all aside, I still have my reservation. All it takes is 1 person to get sick and it's game over again. I hope no player gets very ill all because of the No Real Leadership.

Singapore is having a second wave of infections at the moment, having controlled it until the past week.

For the NRL's sake I hope this doesn't trigger a second wave of infections because they couldn't afford to wait another month or two, like everyone else.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8