NRL Recruitment Chat Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt it.....it may potentially be the difference in getting that good player you are targeting across the line but at what cost?

Here is a theoretical for you. If the choice for Manly was make the 8 this year, or miss and have 200k extra in next years cap, would you go th
You are just making stuff up buddy.

Chad being the difference in Worriers making the 8 or not. Seriously?
The Worriers being the ones knocking the Gummies out? Highly unlikely.
Comparing the MWSE squad to the Gummies to try and justify your argument. Absurd.

Do the Gummies need to make their available money go as far as possible? Most definitely.
Can yo buy a MUCH better player for the 2-300k? Fact.

You are just making stuff up buddy.

Chad being the difference in Worriers making the 8 or not. Seriously?
The Worriers being the ones knocking the Gummies out? Highly unlikely.
Comparing the MWSE squad to the Gummies to try and justify your argument. Absurd.

Do the Gummies need to make their available money go as far as possible? Most definitely.
Can yo buy a MUCH better player for the 2-300k? Fact.
Ha not making anything up, purely saying by strengthening a direct competitor they put themselves in a vulnerable position.

Townsend for mine is an upgrade on O'Sullivan so would improve the Warriors....never said he would be the sole difference.

Whilst releasing him also means the Sharks rely on Moylan and Johnson staying injury free, which based on history is a risk.

They lose a half, rely on Trindall and they are not just fighting the Warriors but the Knights with Ponga, Pearce and Frizell back and the Raiders who are a mess but still have some quality.

Now they could release him, power on through and save some money but for mine the risk isnt worth the reward.

As for your statement that 200k buys a much better player, remember this would be an extra 200k you could frontload for next year.

So if you are signing a player on a 1 year deal you are probably right but most players sign multi year year deals. So over the couse of say a 3 year deal you are talking approx 66k a year.....nice but not the difference between a good and great player.

Lastly never compared Manly and the Sharks squad, simply asked in a hypothetical would you give up the 8 for an extra 200k in the cap......because that is what they are risking IMO.

Now flogging Fifita to the UK as they were planning earlier in the year, different story.....position you have depth in, not to a competitor yada yada yada

I doubt it.....it may potentially be the difference in getting that good player you are targeting across the line but at what cost?

Here is a theoretical for you. If the choice for Manly was make the 8 this year, or miss and have 200k extra in next years cap, would you go the money?
If I wasn't currently the coach but would be the following year. Then yes I would

Ha not making anything up, purely saying by strengthening a direct competitor they put themselves in a vulnerable position.

Townsend for mine is an upgrade on O'Sullivan so would improve the Warriors....never said he would be the sole difference.

Whilst releasing him also means the Sharks rely on Moylan and Johnson staying injury free, which based on history is a risk.

They lose a half, rely on Trindall and they are not just fighting the Warriors but the Knights with Ponga, Pearce and Frizell back and the Raiders who are a mess but still have some quality.

Now they could release him, power on through and save some money but for mine the risk isnt worth the reward.

As for your statement that 200k buys a much better player, remember this would be an extra 200k you could frontload for next year.

So if you are signing a player on a 1 year deal you are probably right but most players sign multi year year deals. So over the couse of say a 3 year deal you are talking approx 66k a year.....nice but not the difference between a good and great player.

Lastly never compared Manly and the Sharks squad, simply asked in a hypothetical would you give up the 8 for an extra 200k in the cap......because that is what they are risking IMO.

Now flogging Fifita to the UK as they were planning earlier in the year, different story.....position you have depth in, not to a competitor yada yada yada
Yeah, it is making stuff up. The Gummies and Worriers won't be in the 8.

Take the money.

Yeah, it is making stuff up. The Gummies and Worriers won't be in the 8.

Take the money.
Haha what have I made up?

My opinion that Townsend is better than O'Sullivan?

That Johnson and Moylan have had injury problems?

Now to your point, if the Sharks believe as you seem to that they cant make the 8 then, of course, absolutely they should take the money.

Personally I think they are right in the hunt with about 6 teams.

Finals experience and winning culture for players like Kennedy, Mulitalo, Rudolf, Brailey etc is huge IMO and definitely worth fighting for

Haha what have I made up?

My opinion that Townsend is better than O'Sullivan?

That Johnson and Moylan have had injury problems?

Now to your point, if the Sharks believe as you seem to that they cant make the 8 then, of course, absolutely they should take the money.

Personally I think they are right in the hunt with about 6 teams.

Finals experience and winning culture for players like Kennedy, Mulitalo, Rudolf, Brailey etc is huge IMO and definitely worth fighting for
I think the Sharks can definitely make the 8. Who are they competing against for 7th/8th? Dragons, Raiders, Cowboys...50/50 for mine. Sharks players are also motivated by playing for their futures. Fitzgibbon has the broom out!

Here is a theoretical for you. If the choice for Manly was make the 8 this year, or miss and have 200k extra in next years cap, would you go the money?
If the guy pulling the purse strings was an assistant at the Roosters this year he'd probably go for the extra $200k.

I think the Sharks can definitely make the 8. Who are they competing against for 7th/8th? Dragons, Raiders, Cowboys...50/50 for mine. Sharks players are also motivated by playing for their futures. Fitzgibbon has the broom out!
Oh yeah for sure they can.

I just think the risk is not worth the reward in this case.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out though now

Capewell is a good pickup for the Broncos.

I think they are in the situation between being a mess but also not that far off.

They have some great young talent in that squad in Riki, Farnworth, Cobbo, Niu, Robati, Pikura, then Reynolds to steer the ship, Capewell to run lines.
Hass is Haas....a Monster. Staggs is X factor though not sure about 5/8.

If they get another leader like Hodgson they are right back in the 8.

Though a proper coach is important

I understand The Warriors have O'Sullivan (who's dodgy as) and Gould, but how are all these snap ready contracts being born?

In the last 12 months:

• Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Chad Townsend
  • Dallin Watene-Zele
  • Euan Aitken
  • Shaun Johnson
  • Bayley Sironen

I mean, I guess we can't complain either. Manly:

• Karl Lawton
  • Jason Saab
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Kieran Foran
  • Andrew Davey

But they are doing VERY well on the signing front. Get the quality could be debated, but the price-tag(s) can't. Put a price next to these players.

I understand The Warriors have O'Sullivan (who's dodgy as) and Gould, but how are all these snap ready contracts being born?

In the last 12 months:

• Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Chad Townsend
  • Dallin Watene-Zele
  • Euan Aitken
  • Shaun Johnson
  • Bayley Sironen

• Karl Lawton
  • Jason Saab
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Kieran Foran
  • Andrew Davey

But they are doing VERY well on the signing front. Get the quality could be debated, but the price-tag(s) can't. Put a price next to these players.
Good call... atleast 3 of the above mentioned from warriors would have cost decent $$$

Our recruits were all "budget packs"!

In the last 12 months:

• Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Chad Townsend
  • Dallin Watene-Zele
  • Euan Aitken
  • Shaun Johnson
  • Bayley Sironen

• Karl Lawton
  • Jason Saab
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Kieran Foran
  • Andrew Davey

Just announced Matt Lodge effective immediately ( except this weekend) until end of 2022.
Sure the Broncs are picking up some of his contract but talk of Warriors paying $500k per season.

Milf told there's no contract for him next year.

Ikin's not mucking around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4