NRL Recruitment Chat Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Marty - we need him, he bleeds Manly now.

All these 2nd row wannabe's, why the urgent need to throw what we have and pull in more potentially bog average players? Can't we use what we have coming through/already have? Also, Croker has become a good hooker and will be a great foil for Fainu if and when he comes back.

2nd row stocks currently to hold;
Shu (moving to 5/8 eventually)
Haumole (1st Choice)
Sirro (injury prone but how would he go now Tom is back? His D was always strong)
Lawton (his D on the weekend was awesome)
Andrew Davey

Move on Jetski and Boyle or drop them back as cover in Reserves.
I agree but I still feel we’re a signing or two off title contending (assuming Fainu comes back).

Parker and Harper are great and doing their job really well but if you compare to Penrith and Storm we should realise centres aren’t a point of attack for us compared to them. Penrith have a state of origin backrower coming off the bench. If we har Capewell it would be another experienced head and he’s extreme quality too...

In reality we still only have 4 top players (including schuster), with a bunch of very good players (taupau, olakau’atu, aloiai, paseka/davey, saab) and fainu coming back coild be anything. However we only have 4 properly experienced players (the big 3 + foran) who play consistent high level footy... a fourth would really help some of the young guns like olakau’atu who would develop better in a second row combo

Second rowers for value are few and far between

You could surely get a decent 2row youngster for sub 250/300k like Brodie Jones. If thats the case, why not sign both? Surely we will have some cap room next year if Walker, Sironen, Garrick etc’s contracts all roll off, not to mention Gosiewski, Croker, Boyle, Taufua and more.

If what we are saying happens, I’d sign Isaako and Capewell on decent coin and try get a good young player like Brodie Jones.

The next question is what happens with Marty. Premier front rowers are hard to find so just depends who we could sign however he’s been good lately (but not 800k good)
Brodie Jones is a gooden

Former Wests Tigers premiership-winning coach Tim Sheens has returned to the club as its new head of football performance.

Sheens guided the Tigers to the 2005 grand final win and has taken up a new role at the club overseeing recruitment, pathways, football administration and club culture.

"Tim is revered as part of Wests Tigers' history and his appointment in this new role will make him a rich part of our future," Wests Tigers Chair Lee Hagipantelis said.

i hope marty doesn't go, but if he does, Dale Finucane would be a great signing, and surely at a much cheaper price than marty's rumoured 750-850k.

i hope marty doesn't go, but if he does, Dale Finucane would be a great signing, and surely at a much cheaper price than marty's rumoured 750-850k.
Finucane would fit in well, but I don't see him leaving the Storm. I question whether we need another backrower at the tail end of their career. I think Capewell would be a great addition for us (versatility, age, quality) and also that Murray Taulagi would fit into the backline very well. He played all his junior Rugby at fullback, is off contract, and is able to play both centre and winger. As for the rest of our current squad I think most of them deserve another contract with us. Even to the point that if we did secure Capewell and Tualagi (or similar utility players), and didn't recontract Taufua, Boyle and Gosiewski, we could potentially retain everyone else.

Most likely expect Marty to stay , doubt that Manly would be prepared to pay any freight with any transfer arrangement . Maybe Capewell is getting out of Manly 's preferred price range , Jaydn Su " A could still be a consideration and still no Siro re signing imminent . , and Jet Ski and Boyle don 't seem a priority retention. Haven "t seen much of Taulagi , no doubt has some pace and ability but already have Koula with serious speed and ability and a bit of versatility . Still a list of players unsigned , probably can only see maybe one new forward prominent signing and again probably depending whether Siro is retained .

Finucane would fit in well, but I don't see him leaving the Storm. I question whether we need another backrower at the tail end of their career. I think Capewell would be a great addition for us (versatility, age, quality) and also that Murray Taulagi would fit into the backline very well. He played all his junior Rugby at fullback, is off contract, and is able to play both centre and winger. As for the rest of our current squad I think most of them deserve another contract with us. Even to the point that if we did secure Capewell and Tualagi (or similar utility players), and didn't recontract Taufua, Boyle and Gosiewski, we could potentially retain everyone else.
I completely agree and am a big capewell fan

however now I realise it would be hard to give him a starting role unless Foran takes a step down next year

finucane could easily wear the #10 jersey, so too could Joe Tapine. Again all contingent in the Marty situation but apparently Dale may leave and Tapine is unsettled.

I can't see us resigning Sirro, Walker, Boyle, Jetski, Funa or Tafua. That would free up a far bit of the cap. I am very impressed with Capewell and he should be a target in my opinion. With Croker improving each week and Lawton playing so well they have proved that they can do the job until and if Fainu is back. Injuries this year have shown that we are one big forward short.

This Townsend to the Warriors for the rest of the season rumour.

What are the Sharks thinking?

Sure you arent playing him and you save a few bob but the Warriors are your direct competition, every chance he goes there, guides the Warriors to 8th and the Sharks miss out.

Also Johnson and Moylan aren't the sturdiest players

Last edited:
200k could be the difference in signing a good player versus a great player
I doubt it.....it may potentially be the difference in getting that good player you are targeting across the line but at what cost?

Here is a theoretical for you. If the choice for Manly was make the 8 this year, or miss and have 200k extra in next years cap, would you go the money?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7