NRL Recruitment Chat Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't know much about Egan just Nat.

He and edge or a middle?

For mine we dont need a tonne of recruitment but I'd be looking at a Capewell or Sua to replace Sirro and a cheaper younger option to relace Jetski....reckon Brodie Jones could be a goer
Agree on Capewell. But his asking price will rise after Origin. He is in form and primed for a good series this year.

I have a feeling Garrick will be let go. Too much coming through. If he is resigned it will be only for one season.
There is Funa, Tippytoes waiting in the wings (parden the pun) plus a couple from SG Ball who will be lining up for their shot during next season.
There were rumours we were trying to let him go last year as a Saab swap, so I wouldn’t be surprised either.

shouldn't overpay for garrick or parker. But would like them to stay for cheap. Walker needs to go. Koula and Tippytoes possibly the future for centre and wing. Saab Harper combo is our premiership winning combo, that's gotta be kept for long term.

shouldn't overpay for garrick or parker. But would like them to stay for cheap. Walker needs to go. Koula and Tippytoes possibly the future for centre and wing. Saab Harper combo is our premiership winning combo, that's gotta be kept for long term.
We were in this situation previously and there seemed to have been a succession plan when we had Stewart, Lyon and Matai nearing their retirements. Turbo, hiku and gutherson were being groomed (when grooming was welcomed) filling wing spots or as replacements and we stuffed it up.

if both walker and garrick leave, sign isaako for goal kicking, would be great outside our backline in our structure and complement parker/harper well who aren't the most flairy centres in the game.

koula should be good enough to eventually take a centre/wing spot by 2022/2023 , from parker

sign capewell as an established backrow option, let sironen go, then if fainu is off our squad is sorted for the foreseeable future with youngsters resigned/promoted (tuitivake, weekes, fainus)

if both walker and garrick leave, sign isaako for goal kicking, would be great outside our backline in our structure and complement parker/harper well who aren't the most flairy centres in the game.

koula should be good enough to eventually take a centre/wing spot by 2022/2023 , from parker

sign capewell as an established backrow option, let sironen go, then if fainu is off our squad is sorted for the foreseeable future with youngsters resigned/promoted (tuitivake, weekes, fainus)
Isaako for Walker in our cap would be a good deal for us. We’ve got enough centre depth but having a genuine FB backup who is a very good winger and goal kicker would be ideal.

In terms of Capewell, I’d prefer we picked up a young and up and coming 2RF for our bench so that Haumole and Schuster can start on the edges.

If we do recruit someone I hope the club does its due diligence on his off-field record.
Walker had "form" yet we signed him because he was a good player, but how many weeks has he been missing because of off-field indiscretions?

I'll put this here as he is off contract...not really suggesting we sign him but what happened to Tesi Nui?

Huge wraps last year, rave reviews, future of the Broncos, now can't get a run even with many out

chat!

The Canterbury Bulldogs have made an audacious bid to sign old super coach Phil Gould.

One of the game’s most experienced player managers is acting behind the scenes as the negotiator and deal-maker between the Bulldogs and the Channel 9 commentator.

Gould, 62, is employed by the Warriors as a highly paid consultant to set up pathways in New Zealand similar to what he delivered for the Penrith Panthers.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Warriors have already been approached about releasing the two-time premiership winning coach.

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett may soon have to answer to Phil Gould. lololololololol

Isaako for Walker in our cap would be a good deal for us. We’ve got enough centre depth but having a genuine FB backup who is a very good winger and goal kicker would be ideal.

In terms of Capewell, I’d prefer we picked up a young and up and coming 2RF for our bench so that Haumole and Schuster can start on the edges.
Second rowers for value are few and far between

You could surely get a decent 2row youngster for sub 250/300k like Brodie Jones. If thats the case, why not sign both? Surely we will have some cap room next year if Walker, Sironen, Garrick etc’s contracts all roll off, not to mention Gosiewski, Croker, Boyle, Taufua and more.

If what we are saying happens, I’d sign Isaako and Capewell on decent coin and try get a good young player like Brodie Jones.

The next question is what happens with Marty. Premier front rowers are hard to find so just depends who we could sign however he’s been good lately (but not 800k good)

The rate that schuster is going at it will be hard to deny him his favoured 6 jersey even if Foran is resigned for small coin.

Second rowers for value are few and far between

You could surely get a decent 2row youngster for sub 250/300k like Brodie Jones. If thats the case, why not sign both? Surely we will have some cap room next year if Walker, Sironen, Garrick etc’s contracts all roll off, not to mention Gosiewski, Croker, Boyle, Taufua and more.

If what we are saying happens, I’d sign Isaako and Capewell on decent coin and try get a good young player like Brodie Jones.

The next question is what happens with Marty. Premier front rowers are hard to find so just depends who we could sign however he’s been good lately (but not 800k good)
Marty - we need him, he bleeds Manly now.

All these 2nd row wannabe's, why the urgent need to throw what we have and pull in more potentially bog average players? Can't we use what we have coming through/already have? Also, Croker has become a good hooker and will be a great foil for Fainu if and when he comes back.

2nd row stocks currently to hold;
Shu (moving to 5/8 eventually)
Haumole (1st Choice)
Sirro (injury prone but how would he go now Tom is back? His D was always strong)
Lawton (his D on the weekend was awesome)
Andrew Davey

Move on Jetski and Boyle or drop them back as cover in Reserves.

I'll put this here as he is off contract...not really suggesting we sign him but what happened to Tesi Nui?

Huge wraps last year, rave reviews, future of the Broncos, now can't get a run even with many out
Perhaps a case of too young too quick? Im sure he will make it but contrary to the opinion of some not all kids are ready to step up to NRL when so young.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7