NRL Recruitment Chat Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Xavier Coates insists he hasn’t betrayed the Broncos and admits he will leave Brisbane with a heavy heart as he prepares to face his future club, the Storm, on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

Now, Coates is hoping to maximise his potential at the Storm, revealing the opportunity to be mentored by Bellamy was a factor in his decision.

“Being coached by Craig was an attraction,” he said.

“In saying that the NRL has a lot of good coaches. ‘Kevvie’ (Walters) has been good for me, but I’m looking forward to getting better as a player at the Storm.

“A big thing with the Storm is they get the best out of players.

WINGER IN DEMAND

Manly winger Reuben Garrick is off contract and attracting much attention from rival clubs, according to his agent David Riolo. “We’ve spoken to Manly but they’re not where we want to be at this stage.” Being such an accomplished goal-kicker adds to Garrick’s value. He has an 80 per cent strike rate this year going into the game against the Knights.

WINGER IN DEMAND

Manly winger Reuben Garrick is off contract and attracting much attention from rival clubs, according to his agent David Riolo. “We’ve spoken to Manly but they’re not where we want to be at this stage.” Being such an accomplished goal-kicker adds to Garrick’s value. He has an 80 per cent strike rate this year going into the game against the Knights.
Not the end of the world if Garrick leaves , pay him what he’s worth but not overs.

WINGER IN DEMAND

and coincidentally all of a sudden his form ramps up...

I can't believe Illawarra is seeking to punt Dufty who, to me, is the most dangerous player they have. If I was them I'd be trying to turn him into a halfback or 5/8. He has explosive speed.
While I can't see a need for Manly to pursue him I reckon many other clubs would love to have Dufty, including heavyweights such as Souffs and Easts.
Last year we would have been a great signing for us. Now not needed.

Throwing this out there, but The Eels were done heavily for systematically rorting the cap in 2016. Since that time, they've acquired:

1. Michael Gordon
2. Michael Jennings
3. Clinton Gutherson
4. Beau Scott
5. Kieran Foran
6. Bevan French
7. Rory O'Brien
8. Josh Hoffman
9. Suaia Matagi
10. Nathan Brown
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Siosaia Vave
13. Kirisome Auva'a
14. Will Smith
15. Mitchell Moses
16. Nathan Davis
17. Cameron King
18. Kane Evans
19. George Jennings
20. Marata Niukore
21. Reed Mahoney
22. Jaeman Salmon
23. Oregon Kaufusi
24. Ray Stone
25. Dylan Brown
26. Blake Ferguson
27. Shaun Lane
28. Maika Sivo
29. Ethan Parry
30. Waqa Blake
31. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
32. Ryan Matterson
33. Jai Field
34. Stefano Utoikamanu
35. Andrew Davey
36. Haze Dunstar
Ryan, is this all in your head or did you look it up. This is amazing detail.

and coincidentally all of a sudden his form ramps up...
I have a feeling Garrick will be let go. Too much coming through. If he is resigned it will be only for one season.
There is Funa, Tippytoes waiting in the wings (parden the pun) plus a couple from SG Ball who will be lining up for their shot during next season.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6