NRL predicted 2018 Manly line up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will need some room to move and reasonable opportunities but really hope that Tom Wright can show his best abilities and impress as a centre in early season trials to put a case for I st grade consideration . Bit of a transition to i st grade but the boy can run and knows how to find the try line.
Tom Wright is brilliant . He has all the attributes of a modern day quality match winning centre . He has size speed and the x factor .
Looking forward to the trials .

Just 19, Fainu captained the Sea Eagles team that won the Toyota Cup grand final last season and has been training with the first grade squad.

Star hooker Api Koroisau is mentoring Fainu and the two could give the Sea Eagles a deadly one-two punch out of dummy-half in the upcoming season.
Great news !!!
In with the new out with the old
Very exciting giving young up and coming players an opportunity instead of perservering with pedestrian players that are past it .
Don't hold back Barrett , let the talented young Sea eagles fly !!![/QUOTE]

My first thoughts this is the end of brown.[/QUOTE]
To few on here Lewis is a Manly Legend and to the majority Lewis is a liability and is past his NRL best and should have retired like Myles and Lawrence instead of being on the bench and holding young players with potential back .

My first thoughts this is the end of brown.
To few on here Lewis is a Manly Legend and to the majority Lewis is a liability and is past his NRL best and should have retired like Myles and Lawrence instead of being on the bench and holding young players with potential back .[/QUOTE]
When taking into consideration the available young talent at Trent’s disposal. Surely Brown is now back up... and as a back up option he’s more than handy.

To few on here Lewis is a Manly Legend and to the majority Lewis is a liability and is past his NRL best and should have retired like Myles and Lawrence instead of being on the bench and holding young players with potential back .
When taking into consideration the available young talent at Trent’s disposal. Surely Brown is now back up... and as a back up option he’s more than handy.[/QUOTE]
I hope our preferred quality NRL squad stays fit and we don't have to use back up inferior options .

We are certainly drawing pretty fine distinctions here , pretty sure that Kelly played at Black Town the week after that Parker replaced him in i st grade against the Roosters . Maybe there can be a case to incorporate the terms , both dropped and replaced in Brian 's instance at the time .

No Al, it is not a fine line ... it is a very big difference.

Replaced, would indicate that due to form, he was dropped and replaced by the next best option, in this instance, Parker.

Being "dropped for" Parker would indicate that the form of Parker was so good in reggies that Kelly was dropped to make way for him.

My recollection of the events, and Baz's use of the term "rested" would indicate to me the first case scenario is closer to the truth.

Either way, I doubt that either of them would think they have first dibs on a centre spot. Competition is good, even if Parker is transitioning into the forwards he remains a centre option at the moment.

Replaced, would indicate that due to form, he was dropped and replaced by the next best option, in this instance, Parker.

Being "dropped for" Parker would indicate that the form of Parker was so good in reggies that Kelly was dropped to make way for him.

My recollection of the events, and Baz's use of the term "rested" would indicate to me the first case scenario is closer to the truth.

Either way, I doubt that either of them would think they have first dibs on a centre spot. Competition is good, even if Parker is transitioning into the forwards he remains a centre option at the moment.
Personally a bit too easy going to be arguing the toss on some semantic references but can see where you are coming from . Primarily because of on going below par form and seeking a better option , yes , Kelly was replaced by Parker . This was more then plausible at the time . Being dropped or rested , well it probably does not really matter in general also in terms of a description , again as it was felt more advantageous for the team for him to be replaced again with a better option . Brad Parker's form too good at the time? Any better option would have been preferable at the time . It most likely would have happened earlier if not for Brad's injury concerns last season , and no doubt competition will be good for this season . Brad Parker could also be suited as a good , rangy winger, certre or back row , i guess that we will just have to see . Also i know that most things are conditional on personal opinion but still can not see Tom Turbo eventually best suited in the back row for Manly . Hopefully as long a career and if not longer then Wombat or Snake 's long term presence at F B for Manly .

Comedy gold Woodsie!!! So replaced is being dropped but that is different to being dropped.

Possible top 30 squad - not sure if I am missing anyone but if we are to secure another half or 5/8 we may have to release someone unless Fainu is still U20s or Joey Lussick is at Blacktown?

1. Turbo
  2. Uate
  3. Walker
  4. Kelly
  5. Tafua
  6. Croker
  7. DCE
  8. Tapau
  9. API
  10. Lussick
  11. Thompson
  12. Sironen
  13. Jake
  14. Brown
  15. Afb
  16. Perrett
  17. Sipley
  18. Hastings
  19. Gowieski
  20. Lane
  21. Wright M
  22. Wright J
  23. Frank Winterstein
  24. Parker
  25. Tanginoa
  26. Paseka
  27. Funa
  28. Fainu
  29. Tom Wright
  30. Joey Lussick
  31. Oklahoma- still under 20s
  32. Metcalf- still under 20s
  33. Jade Anderson?

Last edited:
Not banking on the hodko move? I'm wondering who we let go if that's the case. Either way I'm super excited to see Hastings and Croker have a crack

NRL Casualty ward ....
Sea Eagles
Jake Trbojevic (Pectoral, Round 1), Dylan Walker (Leg/ankle, Round 5), Johnathan Wright (Finger, Trials), Jorge Taufua (ACL, Round 1)

NRL .Com 12/1/18
Player Tracker: Squad changes at all clubs

Manly Sea Eagles

2018 squad: Addin Fonua-Blake (2020), Akuila Uate (2018), Apisai Koroisau (2018), Brian Kelly (2018), Cameron Cullen (2018), Curtis Sironen (2018), Daly Cherry-Evans (2021), Darcy Lussick (2018), Dylan Walker (2019), Frank Winterstein (2019), Jack Gosiewski (2018), Jackson Hastings (2018), Jake Trbojevic (2020), Joel Thompson (2019), Jonathan Wright (2018), Jorge Taufua (2019), Kelepi Tanginoa (2018), Lachlan Croker (2018), Lewis Brown (2018), Lloyd Perrett (2019), Martin Taupau (2020), Matthew Wright (2019), Shaun Lane (2018), Toafofoa Sipley (2019), Tom Trbojevic (2020).

Gains: Jack Gosiewski (Rabbitohs), Toafofoa Sipley (Warriors - 2019), Lachlan Croker (Raiders - 2018), Joel Thompson (Dragons - 2019).

Losses: Pita Godinet (Wests Tigers), Blake Green (Warriors), Brenton Lawrence (retired), Jesse Martin (Rabbitohs), Steve Matai (retired), Brett Stewart (retired), Billy Bainbridge, Jarrad Kennedy, Joey Lussick (released).
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/12/2018-NRL-Player-Tracker-Squad-changes-for-all-16-clubs/

NRL .Com 12/1/18
Player Tracker: Squad changes at all clubs

Manly Sea Eagles

2018 squad: Addin Fonua-Blake (2020), Akuila Uate (2018), Apisai Koroisau (2018), Brian Kelly (2018), Cameron Cullen (2018), Curtis Sironen (2018), Daly Cherry-Evans (2021), Darcy Lussick (2018), Dylan Walker (2019), Frank Winterstein (2019), Jack Gosiewski (2018), Jackson Hastings (2018), Jake Trbojevic (2020), Joel Thompson (2019), Jonathan Wright (2018), Jorge Taufua (2019), Kelepi Tanginoa (2018), Lachlan Croker (2018), Lewis Brown (2018), Lloyd Perrett (2019), Martin Taupau (2020), Matthew Wright (2019), Shaun Lane (2018), Toafofoa Sipley (2019), Tom Trbojevic (2020).

Gains: Jack Gosiewski (Rabbitohs), Toafofoa Sipley (Warriors - 2019), Lachlan Croker (Raiders - 2018), Joel Thompson (Dragons - 2019).

Losses: Pita Godinet (Wests Tigers), Blake Green (Warriors), Brenton Lawrence (retired), Jesse Martin (Rabbitohs), Steve Matai (retired), Brett Stewart (retired), Billy Bainbridge, Jarrad Kennedy, Joey Lussick (released).
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/12/2018-NRL-Player-Tracker-Squad-changes-for-all-16-clubs/
Joey Lussick is in training photos recently and Cameron Cullen is apparently gone. Hardly accurate.

images (3).jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4