NRL 360 - The word of Kenty.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

pt73

Bencher
Cam is lucky to string one word together. He is a commentary vacuum. The girls should be dirty he gets a gig.
Ch9’s strategy is to sign high profile ex-players regardless of whether they can put a sentence together.

Slater being a perfect example who struggled to add anything so just stated the obvious last night or relayed a meaningless statistic.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
As far as talking head gigs in rugby league go, 360 is one of the most time consuming. Ikin used to do 3 long days before recording Mon Tues Wed. Wouldn't be surprised if that turned off a few of Fox's preferred options.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Slater is articulate and insightful - definitely the pick of the bunch. He and Sterlo are Ch9's A team.
Watched an '89 origin game yesterday and was surprised to hear Sterlo. Just as eloquent and insightful as he is today. Would be first picked in my commentary dream team. Even manages to stay somewhat unbiased when the Eels are involved whilst acknowledging that he can't be.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Slater is articulate and insightful - definitely the pick of the bunch. He and Sterlo are Ch9's A team.

Watched an '89 origin game yesterday and was surprised to hear Sterlo. Just as eloquent and insightful as he is today. Would be first picked in my commentary dream team. Even manages to stay somewhat unbiased when the Eels are involved whilst acknowledging that he can't be.
Im having trilouble getting on your respective Slater and Sterlo Busses.

I thought Billy's injections into the SOO last night were inconsequential at best and down right usless at worst. I havent heard him much as over here i mainly get the Fox commentary but he very underwhelming for me. Perhaps he goes better at other points?

And Sterlo again havent heard much of him over past 10 years but im still shaking my head at his description of Kites 2008 GF try. Pass to a guy in a better position and pass to a guy in a better position blah blah blah. 😑

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Im having trilouble getting on your respective Slater and Sterlo Busses.

I thought Billy's injections into the SOO last night were inconsequential at best and down right usless at worst. I havent heard him much as over here i mainly get the Fox commentary but he very underwhelming for me. Perhaps he goes better at other points?

And Sterlo again havent heard much of him over past 10 years but im still shaking my head at his description of Kites 2008 GF try. Pass to a guy in a better position and pass to a guy in a better position blah blah blah. 😑

Rugby League isn't a terribly complex game but for the most part both of them explain what happens pretty clearly without too much bias or cliched descriptions... in my opinion.

I can't say the same about most of the commentators on Fox

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Ch9’s strategy is to sign high profile ex-players regardless of whether they can put a sentence together.

Slater being a perfect example who struggled to add anything so just stated the obvious last night or relayed a meaningless statistic.

Slater goes OK on the mic and along with Sterlo, Fatty and Gould is arguably the best of the ex-players that 9 employs. Lockyer on the other hand can't string a coherent sentence together while Thurston is uh trying to um ah butcher the um English ah language whenever he uh opens his mouth.

Strangely I found it rather easy to ignore sCam last night.

Pete W

Bencher
Ch9:
Fatty - funny bastard who will always put a smile on your face (you have to laugh at just how dated his attitudes have become too)
Gus - the undisputed king of reading the game as a whole, momentum shifts, and player emotion
(These two together are so good at delivering all-round atmosphere for big games.)
Also, Sterlo & Slater - technically astute, insightful, and unbiased. Very good at breaking down the mechanics of the game
Honourable mention to Thaiday., plus Ruan Sims actually seems to have something to say occasionally (unlike Alana Ferguson)

Wally, Lockyer, Thurston are terrible at the English language, and along with Joey, Freddy, and Cam, offer nothing. (Don't mind a bit of Gal occasionally)

Fox:
Matty Johns - Legend (shame he's not also in commentary)
Brandy - technically astute, insightful, and unbiased (definitely the best on Fox)
Ennis - tries too hard
Anasta & Blocker - morons
Cronk - douchebag of the highest order
Loz goes alright.

Ch9 ex-player commentary team take the cake

Last edited:

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watched 360
How the fuk dies Kent think he knows everything
What has he done ?
What gives him any credibility to speak the self righteous crap that he does

AND ..........

what have I missed
No Iken
Vonnie what’s her name there !!!!
Hadley on show
Is it Covid driven or a full change

and just for a last time
Kent is a tosser and over rated in every way

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watched 360
How the fuk dies Kent think he knows everything
What has he done ?
What gives him any credibility to speak the self righteous crap that he does

AND ..........

what have I missed
No Iken
Vonnie what’s her name there !!!!
Hadley on show
Is it Covid driven or a full change

and just for a last time
Kent is a tosser and over rated in every way
Fuk
Sorry
It just got worse
That idiot is on. Segment called good times
What an up himself tool

turned over now
Nice whiskey and Port to settle down

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just saw this clip and it's a reason why I'll hear Kent out on an issue before I judge him - at his best he just says things that everyone else just skirts around because they don't want to admit, like the section talking about the salary cap cheating

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
The two dolled up female presenters doing the Euro football are definitely
Just saw this clip and it's a reason why I'll hear Kent out on an issue before I judge him - at his best he just says things that everyone else just skirts around because they don't want to admit, like the section talking about the salary cap cheating

Yeah, Nah.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18