Nothing but pride

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was sadly a pretty poor way to end what was a very surprising year to be honest. After the start I was tipping us for the spoon but that turned around well and truely. Last night could’ve easily gone a totally different way with a bit of luck. If one or both of our tries had been awarded it’s a totally new game. That was massive. Not only for the points difference/turnaround but also for the psychological impact on a team that was less fresh than souths. The ease with which we ‘scored’ those tries and also made other considerable line breaks had me thinking if we could jag one we’d be right in it. And we did, after half time. But of course we drop it on the next set. Which was the story of our night and the night against storm. Way too many errors. In reality I think we had a soft draw this season. There was perhaps a false sense of where we’re at as a team. If we can mature more and play with more control - which I reckon we will - we’ll be a force. Less errors and more defence resilience - that should be the mantra for the off season. And let’s get back to Brooke FFS!!!!

Dumb choice at that critical moment that was. Solid , hard leaders don't risk the pill like that at that point.
He didn't have much room to work with and was knocked off balance, so I kinda understand that error (although I still can't understand him grinning about it). But earlier in the game we had a great attacking chance down the right and he passed to Saab, who was covered by three players and bundled into touch. I swear if he'd dummied and run there he was through the line and would have scored.

Yeah good shout mate..
Boys did well to get where they did.
Hopefully as a club as a whole it is a learning experience in where we need to get better. All I know is if panthers don't win today, I won't be tuning in for the GF.

Hard to cop a loss at any time and more so when a grand final is within smelling distance, but looking at our season as a whole ... as soon as I calm down I will be pretty happy and proud!
We aren't quite up to the standard of the big boys just yet, but part of that is down to inexperience.
And in Schuster Haumole and Saab we now have 3 genuine new stars. Yep they all need plenty of work, but they each have X factor.
Thanks for a great ride this year Manly and some of the most exciting tries I can recall.
Onward and upward, go Manly!

With the finals experience (or lack thereof) that we have, the missing ingredient for me was the hurt of missing out on a GF. We have that pain now in the psyche of our players. It is what is needed to build resilience.

That's the problem, the effort always seems to be an acceptable excuse for some for the lack of composure and ability to execute from key players. You can't deny the stats when it comes to our record against the top 4 sides. Storm beat us twice, Penrith beat us twice and Souths beat us twice. We aren't quite there and we need absolutely everything to go our way in the big games to get the result. Good experience for the young guys this year and we definitely have something to build on.
Poor record indeed against all 4 top 4 sides - we beat ourselves a couple of times! (We are a top 4 side - get it?)

He didn't have much room to work with and was knocked off balance, so I kinda understand that error (although I still can't understand him grinning about it). But earlier in the game we had a great attacking chance down the right and he passed to Saab, who was covered by three players and bundled into touch. I swear if he'd dummied and run there he was through the line and would have scored.
He was grinning because the forward pass was missed.

Just a bit of perspective of our year.

Penrith and the Storm are just about to face off and the loser will have LOST ONLY FOUR (Storm) or FIVE (Penrith) games all season, think about that.
We weren't quite good enough but made it to the second last weekend just like these two.

Sure, we're disappointed but it's not like we threw our best at them and came up short.
Imagine what the loser of this game will be feeling.

Just a bit of perspective of our year.

Penrith and the Storm are just about to face off and the loser will have LOST ONLY FOUR (Storm) or FIVE (Penrith) games all season, think about that.
We weren't quite good enough but made it to the second last weekend just like these two.

Sure, we're disappointed but it's not like we threw our best at them and came up short.
Imagine what the loser of this game will be feeling.
I'm hoping they are suffering something Savage. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of cheats

We all gotta take a moment and deep how much we have achieved this year. From records to amazing individual player seasons to a huge bounce back to a win away from our first GF in 8 years. It actually is nuts. I think when Tom wins dally M on Monday I'm gonna just sit back and take it all in. It genuinely has been one of the most fun seasons I've had as a manly supporter, maybe even my favourite non-premiership season. To think about what the state of this forum, our supporters, and our club and players were during March and to see how far we've come from then, you just gotta sit back and be proud to be manly. When these boys win their ring in the next year or two, let's remember this season as the catalyst of it all, 0-4 start to top 4, no other club could've done that.

As others have said, to go from the tragic, tragic passing of Keith coupled with a 0-4 start, it's been an amazingly entertaining year of footy for Manly fans.

the team is just a 'tweak or two' away from the big show and the future looks great.

It's been a good year to be a fan. :)

I've already re-newed my membership and hoping for bigger and brighter things from Manly next year.

woohoo!

Could be worse u could be a tigers fan with no hope for a number of years.

To know now in late September 2021 that you are no hope for the 2022 season would be sole crushing.

Hang on I love it love seeing this joke of a club suffer.

Last edited:
DCE copping some stick, but I notice no one is resurrecting old threads about him tonight to rub it in the face of those who might claim he is a tad inconsistent.
A tad inconsistent - oh that's what you call the torrent of abuse DCE gets on here. Gotcha!

As for thead ressurection - you guys have made it very clear that it is no longer permitted on Silvertails. You have essentially tired the hands of those who might do such a thing while continuing to jab away - brave.

Could be worse u could a tigers fan with no hope for a number of years.

To know now in late September 2021 that you are no hope for the 2022 season would be sole crushing.

Hang on I love it love seeing this joke of a club suffer.
One of my few joys over the last 10 years...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4