Nothing but pride

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was ineffective lacking composure crap that is unacceptable, it had nothing to do with effort.(there was plenty of that)
That's the problem, the effort always seems to be an acceptable excuse for some for the lack of composure and ability to execute from key players. You can't deny the stats when it comes to our record against the top 4 sides. Storm beat us twice, Penrith beat us twice and Souths beat us twice. We aren't quite there and we need absolutely everything to go our way in the big games to get the result. Good experience for the young guys this year and we definitely have something to build on.

It is such a pity that in the 2 finals that we lost we did not do ourselves justice.

The team did fantastically well over the course of the season after the start from hell.

Much better things to happen to this side!
I agree but I think it goes to show we are a couple short of a premiership winning side. It’s also worth stating how hard prelims are to win. This is the first time in my lifetime Manly have lost a prelim - which is incredible. South’s lost 3 prelims in a row prior to tonight. The future is bright but we aren’t there yet. I think the 2006 comparison is spot on.

That's the problem, the effort always seems to be an acceptable excuse for some for the lack of composure and ability to execute from key players. You can't deny the stats when it comes to our record against the top 4 sides. Storm beat us twice, Penrith beat us twice and Souths beat us twice. We aren't quite there and we need absolutely everything to go our way in the big games to get the result. Good experience for the young guys this year and we definitely have something to build on.
Yeah but we had NOTHING go our way in the first 20min tonight and then we heaped pressure on ourselves after that CnC...
Against the Storm it was just a plethora of errors and the game was over before it began...
I agree we are not quite there atm but we have a young side that lacks the experience across-the-park of these other sides... the panthers may be young too but they are bloody talented and have the disappointment of last year to sport them on...
I think the errors by guac, Harper, Saab a d Suli are an example of young blokes willing under pressure... and our forwards are a concern...

I am suddenly all-in for Sharon Woods...

Oh, and just-for-you... it was not cherry's best game...

After the first 4 weeks, could you really ask for more?

They got 1 win from the grand final. It was a great effort. This year will hopefully be the makings of a great period for us where we make the step from top 4 to premiership contenders.

That's true, look at where we were last yr and the other top 4 sides, first real taste of finals for a lot of these guys and will be more hungry next yr.

That's true, look at where we were last yr and the other top 4 sides, first real taste of finals for a lot of these guys and will be more hungry next yr.
Yep, with so many young guys who have never been in that pressure before, you gotta start somewhere. They have to get the experience and knowledge of how to win. Tonight the bunnies showed them how finals footy is won.

This will only make us better for it. Now we know how big games are won I can see a 50/50 share of wins vs the top 3 next year, not all losses.

I know des probably explained to them how to win the game. But it is one thing to be told, and another to be on the receiving end of it

I was flat out hoping to make the 8 this year. Yeah disappointing ending, however i never expected to get this far.

A few astute purchases are required in the off season. I am not going to hack on the bloke, but if we can find a 7, then we should ecourage DCE to look at that new Brisbane team to free up the cash. Enough has been said about him, what bothers me the most is when manly defend hard minimising metres, so the oppositions just go wide and have someone running at DCE who will arm grab and get dragged along and we lose the initiative.

Tough one, as we have a fair GF window coming up, but should DCE be part of it if you take the emotion out of it.
I’ve always been a DCE backer. But what pissed me off the most was when he slid into touch, gets up with a grin from ear to ear. Even takes the mouth guard out too and he’s still grinning. Fuucking Why!?
You're the captain. What message does that send to your troops….nothing fkn positive that I can think of. A real game changer attitude wise imo.

Last edited:
Well it's been a highly entertaining, roller-coaster of a year and I think #9 is not too far away.
Manly forever.
Good night.

It started the same way as the Storm game, Keppie tries to throw a miracle pass and we never got going after that.

Stupid mistakes, missed tackles, poor decisions in defense - we gave it to them on a platter.

Great year but **** way to finish
Yet we made more line breaks, more tackle breaks and missed less tackles - and some of those were very costly.

Proud of my club, no other club could've done what we did. Go from 0-4 to top 4. We are allergic to wooden spoons. It's been a hell of a ride, it's sad that it's over and I didn't feel like our finals losses were a real representation of us, but it's a huge learning experience for our younger core that are going to be crucial for this new era at Manly. While Turbo is around and we build around him, our premiership window will be open for a while.

My 2 cents, I haven't posted in years but felt the need to. Upon reflection this was a really good season. Top 4, sandwich top points scorer, turbo breaking the club try scoring record (that was in place since I was about 3 feet tall), one of the best point differential turn arounds ever, so many tries scored, and turbo has a big chance of being player of the year. Yes it hurts to bow out when we are so close but it's a long season and the team gave us so many great times. Most of us probably have a yarn about footy each week with friends, co-workers etc as the season progresses and I can tell you I've loved the ride. We are building and we can only get better.

I’ve always been a DCE backer. But what pissed me off the most was when he slid into touch, gets up with a grin from ear to ear. Even takes the mouth guard out too and he’s still grinning. Fuucking Why!?
You're the captain. What message does that send to your troops….nothing fkn positive that I can think of. A real game changer attitude wise imo.
Dumb choice at that critical moment that was. Solid , hard leaders don't risk the pill like that at that point.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4