Not on our Turf!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all

As most of you know I am on the Members Council.

I was Speaking with the Club today, it was made clear that the ‘Blue and Gold Army’ are coming out in force to Lottoland on Sunday.

Not only have they snapped up plenty of tickets, the Eels army will have plenty of their big flags and are keen to take over ‘our hill’.

This is our last Sunday regular home game of the season, It’s our traditional rivals, and how bad would it look if we were outnumbered at ‘The Fortress’.

So if you are still deciding whether to make the effort, or sit at home and watch it, I urge you to get behind Des and the boys. This is a MUST WIN Game for us if we are to keep in touch with the top 4.

Feathered Friends Be there in your colours and wave your flags, and show your support for our beloved Sea Eagles!!

#Bringyourflag!

Tickets from Ticketmaster!

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/manly-warringah-sea-eagles-v-parramatta-eels-brookvale-21-07-2019/event/1300562EE7ADFABB
Ill be watching it on my Foxtel hd in my undies

Agreed
Very picked statistics in this article and bias reporting
Draw and timing of games plays a big roll in this,
That man's an idiot and lazy researcher :fubar:

The Baz years equate to the Northern Eagles years and should be erased from our records :nerd:

https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/2019.html

Brookie '****hole' averages 9,792 but Super Stadium at ANZ at 1 billion dollars more in Tax Payer funds only averages 13,406 - that's the real story :nerd:

Also misplaced the term 'hypocrisy' as we Manly Fans never claimed to attend Brookie, only that we will boycott any other venue for our Home games :D

That man's an idiot and lazy researcher :fubar:

The Baz years equate to the Northern Eagles years and should be erased from our records :nerd:

https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/2019.html

Brookie '****hole' averages 9,792 but Super Stadium at ANZ at 1 billion dollars more in Tax Payer funds only averages 13,406 - that's the real story :nerd:

Also misplaced the term 'hypocrisy' as we Manly Fans never claimed to attend Brookie, only that we will boycott any other venue for our Home games :D
I think the club said 2019 home ave of 10.5k at last Council meeting

I think there a lot of reasons why our numbers our down
Mainly the negative press and the stuff thrown at the club
Any club would have lower figures for attendance
2 things give me brookvale oval over any ground any day of the week to watch nrl.
Secondly just to confirm did a check on the numbers quoted are right
See site below for figures
https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/manly.html
Yes, how about comparing last year to this year. Doesn’t fit the narrative.

I think the club said 2019 home ave of 10.5k at last Council meeting
The link splits Home games up in the top section and Brookvale venue games in the bottom.

13k avg Home and 9.7k avg at Brookie

In any case the DT article is merely bashing Manly Fans and is factually incorrect in keeping with their reporting standards :cool:

Brookie is at 40% utilization 10k/23k but ANZ is only 15% utilized 13k/85k :nerd:

Last edited:
Plus some clubs fudge their crowds constantly.

There was a game at belmore last year between the dogs and titans and there were only few hundred supporters on the hill and the grandstand was about 1/3 full.

I paid attention to what they put up as a crowd as I reckon there would’ve been 2500-3000 max....and that’s assuming there were hundreds in the bar and food outlets during the game.

They posted 6874! Not one media person questioned it yet that was double the true figure.

Maybe we should inflate our crowds a few thousand each time too

Agreed
Very picked statistics in this article and bias reporting
Draw and timing of games plays a big roll in this,
Why are they including last year in the averages when we ran 2nd last?They should be talking about this year's current averages? Which lunatic wrote this article?

To whoever wrote that article ...
I only wish you had thought to include the statistics on how many people bother to buy (or read) The Daily Telegraph nowadays.
Meanwhile, Brookie this week will probably have to endure the presence of about 3000 Eel fans, but they will scarcely be noticeable, apart from seeing would-be hitch-hikers after the game.

campaigns.json

Manly fans, where the bloody hell are you?

The Daily Telegraph has uncovered an alarming drop off in apathetic Sea Eagles fans attending matches at their beloved yet dilapidated Brookvale Oval.

Despite expressing anger at any suggestion the Sea Eagles should move more matches from Sydney’s northern beaches, Manly fans aren’t backing it up by attending home games.

The Fortress has become a tent.

Through the past five years — over a 26 game period — nearly 115,000 fewer fans have walked through the gates at Lottoland.

MORE IN SPORT
9db596cd027612bcf05587f54a11f5e3

SuperCoach: Who to skipper this week
SuperCoach: Who to skipper this week

c3c074f5902a49e0adc967c231419e99

SuperCoach POD Watch Round 18
SuperCoach POD Watch Round 18
similars

That number balloons to a whopping 150,000 fewer fans compared to the 26-match stretch

between 2007 and 2009.

36ab941bf95c34f677324b76facd1f89

Manly fans have stayed away in 2019.
The shock development comes as Manly chairman and co-owner Scott Penn claimed there was “no excuse” for Sea Eagles fans not to cram Brookvale to watch their side take on bitter rivals Parramatta in a blockbuster fifth versus sixth clash on Sunday afternoon.

Brookvale Oval is attracting the fewest fans of any Sydney NRL venue despite Manly’s resurgence under coach Des Hasler.

Since 2017, 26 games have been played at Brookvale for a total attendance of 256,589. That amounts to a paltry average of just 9869 fans each game. No other venue is below the 10,000-mark.

115017b1945b37b370f5d9f8ac3ddb22

The Sea Eagles are on target for a top four finish. Picture: AAP
During a 26-game period between 2011 and the start of 2014, 113,890 fewer fans have attended Brookvale matches.

And it only gets worse the further back you dig.

There were 143,291 more people watching matches at Brookvale during a 26-game span between 2007 and 2009 then there are now.

“Being the most successful club of the modern era, Manly fans are used to success so they’re hard to win over when the team isn’t near the top of the table”

Maroon and white fans simply aren’t going to the Pittwater Road venue like they once did.

Since 2017, Campbelltown Stadium, Belmore Sports Ground, Pointsbet Stadium — aka Shark Park — and Wollongong’s WIN Stadium had averaged crowds of between 10,300 and 12,900.

Brookvale is way behind.

“We have perfect conditions for a full house at Lottoland this Sunday,” Penn told The Daily Telegraph.

“The weather is forecast to be warm, there isn’t much going on due to school holidays so there really is no excuse not to come down and support the team.

FOXSPORTS1:54
Off-contract Walker not tense
NRL: Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker speaks about his playing future and why he wants to remain at Manly. He’s off-contra...

“It will be a fantastic day out for the whole family. It will be a tough match as Parramatta has won three in a row so we need a packed fortress to inspire the boys.”

Former long-serving Manly official, Peter Peters, offered up reasons for the crowd decline at his favourite rugby league ground.

“Being the most successful club of the modern era, Manly fans are used to success so they’re hard to win over when the team isn’t near the top of the table,” Peters said.

“Getting Dessie back has been masterstroke and the Trbojevic brothers and Daly Cherry-Evans are winning them over.

“It’s vital on Sunday to support the players and get our team on the road to hopefully a top four spot and then all our fans will no doubt be back in droves.

“It hasn’t helped that a combination of councils and governments have left Brookvale to perish and fans deserve better facilities than they have had for the last couple of decades.”

890adf702f518058604917a9998302d5

Des the godsend. Art by Boo Bailey
There were discussions four years ago about moving Manly matches to Warringah Rugby Park at Narrabeen but the venue’s grandstand only holds 1000 fans and ground’s capacity is a modest 6000.

Despite the decrease in fans attending home games, Manly players Dylan Walker and Addin Fonua-Blake spoke highly of the club’s supporters.

“There is nothing better than playing at Brookie on a Sunday afternoon. Hopefully this weekend we can get a packed hill and put in a good performance for those fans,” Fonua-Blake said.

Walker added: “All the games I have played there this year, there have been some decent crowds there. They have been cheering loud, it’s been good. It probably comes back to the fact we’re winning more games than last year.

“I haven’t read too much about the crowds but lately we played up against Gold Coast and even last week against Souths at ANZ Stadium, I thought there were a lot of Manly fans there. They were cheering us on.”

SYDNEY ATTENDANCES
LOTTOLAND

Games: 26

Total: 256,589

Average: 9869

CAMPBELLTOWN SPORTS STADIUM

Games: 9

Total: 93,377

Average: 10,375

BELMORE SPORTS GROUND

Games: 5

Total: 51,965

Average: 10,393

POINTSBET STADIUM

Games: 31

Total: 390,997

Average: 12,613

WIN STADIUM

Games: 14

Total: 180,165

Average: 12,869

https://trc.taboola.com/newscorpau-...6999&p=newscorpau-tourismtasmania-native&r=89

Why haven't they broken it down to days and timeslots or doesn't that suit their agenda?

Nobody turns up Thursday, 6pm Friday where Friday 8pm and Sunday 4pm is popular

Why haven't they broken it down to days and timeslots or doesn't that suit their agenda?

Nobody turns up Thursday, 6pm Friday where Friday 8pm and Sunday 4pm is popular

Yep.
And to go further with that, when you play out of town teams - Gold Coast, Cows, Knights on a Thursday night or Friday 6pm then those numbers are never going to be good for any Sydney team.
Wasn't the game against the Knights crappy weather also?

To compare last years figures when we were all disillusioned as to how our club was going to the 2007-2009 figures when were one of the benchmark teams is really clutching at straws.

This is a real bugbear of mine - timeslots and/or who you're playing is a massive factor in crowd figures - remember they gave it to us in a Friday night semi v the Cows at Allianz saying we don't travel comparing it to the following night ( Saturday ) with two Sydney teams at Homebush - apples and oranges.

I've said it before, the "matchday experience" as they like to call it starts with timeslot, game cost ( is there a lower grade game also?), the security dick on the gate that spooks you if happen to have a packet of chips etc, the cost and quality of food/drinks at the venue right up to is there a boomerang thrower at halftime?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8