Not on our Turf!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Hi all

As most of you know I am on the Members Council.

I was Speaking with the Club today, it was made clear that the ‘Blue and Gold Army’ are coming out in force to Lottoland on Sunday.

Not only have they snapped up plenty of tickets, the Eels army will have plenty of their big flags and are keen to take over ‘our hill’.

This is our last Sunday regular home game of the season, It’s our traditional rivals, and how bad would it look if we were outnumbered at ‘The Fortress’.

So if you are still deciding whether to make the effort, or sit at home and watch it, I urge you to get behind Des and the boys. This is a MUST WIN Game for us if we are to keep in touch with the top 4.

Feathered Friends Be there in your colours and wave your flags, and show your support for our beloved Sea Eagles!!

#Bringyourflag!

Tickets from Ticketmaster!

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/manly-warringah-sea-eagles-v-parramatta-eels-brookvale-21-07-2019/event/1300562EE7ADFABB

I'll be there with another few Manly supporters. Trouble is my son married a former Eel cheerleader and she is also coming along.

Hi all

As most of you know I am on the Members Council.

I was Speaking with the Club today, it was made clear that the ‘Blue and Gold Army’ are coming out in force to Lottoland on Sunday.

Not only have they snapped up plenty of tickets, the Eels army will have plenty of their big flags and are keen to take over ‘our hill’.

This is our last Sunday regular home game of the season, It’s our traditional rivals, and how bad would it look if we were outnumbered at ‘The Fortress’.

So if you are still deciding whether to make the effort, or sit at home and watch it, I urge you to get behind Des and the boys. This is a MUST WIN Game for us if we are to keep in touch with the top 4.

Feathered Friends Be there in your colours and wave your flags, and show your support for our beloved Sea Eagles!!

#Bringyourflag!

Tickets from Ticketmaster!

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/manly-warringah-sea-eagles-v-parramatta-eels-brookvale-21-07-2019/event/1300562EE7ADFABB
I just had a look at my bay where I sit bay n Fulton m stand. Pretty much every seat taken shows it really is going to be a big crowd.
I really do hope we fill out the place with maroon and white everywhere.
Because even after last week we know Parra are going to be favoured by the refs, nrl sanctioned of course.
Think we can still win, but we must be ready to play for the 80 minutes because it will be very much last weekend down to the wirer.
Thank you @The Wheel for all you do in keeping us informed.
Manly by 7

Last edited:
Got two sneaky tickets in the box and staying the night on the corso
Will be full colours and loud
No excuses for us now
Let’s see how good we can be
Cmon Dylan
Surprise us and tear them up
Cust- just play your own game
Turbo- light up the park
Jake - put a rocket up Marty and Adin
Ruben - pretext your back at kick Cronin oval and nail 6 from 6
Go manly

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/2e46d98b447c758e51de9b44494d1741

Manly fans, where the bloody hell are you?

The Daily Telegraph has uncovered an alarming drop off in apathetic Sea Eagles fans attending matches at their beloved yet dilapidated Brookvale Oval.

Despite expressing anger at any suggestion the Sea Eagles should move more matches from Sydney’s northern beaches, Manly fans aren’t backing it up by attending home games.

The Fortress has become a tent.

Through the past five years — over a 26 game period — nearly 115,000 fewer fans have walked through the gates at Lottoland.

That number balloons to a whopping 150,000 fewer fans compared to the 26-match stretch
between 2007 and 2009.

The shock development comes as Manly chairman and co-owner Scott Penn claimed there was “no excuse” for Sea Eagles fans not to cram Brookvale to watch their side take on bitter rivals Parramatta in a blockbuster fifth versus sixth clash on Sunday afternoon.

Brookvale Oval is attracting the fewest fans of any Sydney NRL venue despite Manly’s resurgence under coach Des Hasler.

Since 2017, 26 games have been played at Brookvale for a total attendance of 256,589. That amounts to a paltry average of just 9869 fans each game. No other venue is below the 10,000-mark.

During a 26-game period between 2011 and the start of 2014, 113,890 fewer fans have attended Brookvale matches.

And it only gets worse the further back you dig.

There were 143,291 more people watching matches at Brookvale during a 26-game span between 2007 and 2009 then there are now.

“Being the most successful club of the modern era, Manly fans are used to success so they’re hard to win over when the team isn’t near the top of the table”

Maroon and white fans simply aren’t going to the Pittwater Road venue like they once did.

Since 2017, Campbelltown Stadium, Belmore Sports Ground, Pointsbet Stadium — aka Shark Park — and Wollongong’s WIN Stadium had averaged crowds of between 10,300 and 12,900.

Brookvale is way behind.

“We have perfect conditions for a full house at Lottoland this Sunday,” Penn told The Daily Telegraph.

“The weather is forecast to be warm, there isn’t much going on due to school holidays so there really is no excuse not to come down and support the team.

NRL: Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker speaks about his playing future and why he wants to remain at Manly. He’s off-contra...

“It will be a fantastic day out for the whole family. It will be a tough match as Parramatta has won three in a row so we need a packed fortress to inspire the boys.”

Former long-serving Manly official, Peter Peters, offered up reasons for the crowd decline at his favourite rugby league ground.

“Being the most successful club of the modern era, Manly fans are used to success so they’re hard to win over when the team isn’t near the top of the table,” Peters said.

“Getting Dessie back has been masterstroke and the Trbojevic brothers and Daly Cherry-Evans are winning them over.

“It’s vital on Sunday to support the players and get our team on the road to hopefully a top four spot and then all our fans will no doubt be back in droves.

“It hasn’t helped that a combination of councils and governments have left Brookvale to perish and fans deserve better facilities than they have had for the last couple of decades.”

There were discussions four years ago about moving Manly matches to Warringah Rugby Park at Narrabeen but the venue’s grandstand only holds 1000 fans and ground’s capacity is a modest 6000.

Despite the decrease in fans attending home games, Manly players Dylan Walker and Addin Fonua-Blake spoke highly of the club’s supporters.

“There is nothing better than playing at Brookie on a Sunday afternoon. Hopefully this weekend we can get a packed hill and put in a good performance for those fans,” Fonua-Blake said.

Walker added: “All the games I have played there this year, there have been some decent crowds there. They have been cheering loud, it’s been good. It probably comes back to the fact we’re winning more games than last year.

“I haven’t read too much about the crowds but lately we played up against Gold Coast and even last week against Souths at ANZ Stadium, I thought there were a lot of Manly fans there. They were cheering us on.”

SYDNEY ATTENDANCES
LOTTOLAND

Games: 26

Total: 256,589

Average: 9869

CAMPBELLTOWN SPORTS STADIUM

Games: 9

Total: 93,377

Average: 10,375

BELMORE SPORTS GROUND

Games: 5

Total: 51,965

Average: 10,393

POINTSBET STADIUM

Games: 31

Total: 390,997

Average: 12,613

WIN STADIUM

Games: 14

Total: 180,165

Average: 12,869

I think there a lot of reasons why our numbers our down
Mainly the negative press and the stuff thrown at the club
Any club would have lower figures for attendance
2 things give me brookvale oval over any ground any day of the week to watch nrl.
Secondly just to confirm did a check on the numbers quoted are right
See site below for figures
https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/manly.html

If we cant get 18K plus this Sunday there is something seriously wrong. This is a traditional fixture against our oldest and loudest foe who have lived in our shadow in their existence. This is another opportunity to remind them of their inferiority and Brooky needs to be a sea of maroon and white on Sunday, NO EXCUSES!!!

Not to mention the timing of games.

Noting Penn’s ‘masterstroke’ comment, a bigger one would have been to bury the hatchet with Hasler sooner, concurrent with allowing Toovey to exit around the end of 2016. Rather than the counter-productive undermining of the latter that started as early as late 2014. Not to mention the generally pointless exercise of bringing Barrett and co. onboard.

Not much in the way of masterstrokes there.

Id love his statistics on Roosters Football Stadium or Homebush by Souffs and to also list each game, who was played and on what day/time. What a poor sample he has provided
Big difference to playing Nth Qld on a Thursday at Brookie to Wests playing Penrith on a Friday or Sunday at Campbelltown for one of there 4 games there. Or The Dogs v Parra on a Sunday arvo.
Absolute bias reporting. Rithcie is fast becoming a bigger wanka than Slothfield.

Id love his statistics on Roosters Football Stadium or Homebush by Souffs and to also list each game, who was played and on what day/time. What a poor sample he has provided
Big difference to playing Nth Qld on a Thursday at Brookie to Wests playing Penrith on a Friday or Sunday at Campbelltown for one of there 4 games there. Or The Dogs v Parra on a Sunday arvo.
Absolute bias reporting. Rithcie is fast becoming a bigger wanka than Slothfield.
Agreed
Very picked statistics in this article and bias reporting
Draw and timing of games plays a big roll in this,

Brookvale Oval is attracting the fewest fans of any Sydney NRL venue despite Manly’s resurgence under coach Des Hasler.

Since 2017, 26 games have been played at Brookvale for a total attendance of 256,589. That amounts to a paltry average of just 9869 fans each game. No other venue is below the 10,000-mark.

So despite Des returning in 2019, Manly’s crowd figures since 2017 are not good...

So despite Des returning in 2019, Manly’s crowd figures since 2017 are not good...
There is the crux of this article
Des has only returned this year 2019 but hey whatever sells there papers
Come back in a few years think crowd figures will be back up again

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8