Not good news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Coach,

What, no cheering, no "Go Manly!" screams of encouragement , no vocalisation of our feelings about our team; just polite clapping?

Frankly, that doesn't sound like much fun, I think I might indulge in a little bit of vocal encouragement for the boys. I'll try to keep the volume down to a dull roar during general play, say 5 out of a scale of 10 but when they score the volume might go up to 11 or more.

Surely they know what Kelepi is being operated on for. Is it so hard to inform supporters wtaf is wrong with the knee.
I can understand and agree with your frustration - a 'knee operation' could mean anything....out for 6 weeks or 6 months!? Maybe they won't know till after the op :wondering:

I saw Tangles actually walk off the field in front of me on Saturday so hopefully that's a good reason to stay optimistic about his return.

Why should it matter?

Only the Club,Kelepi and close family need to know the finer details.

Our job as fans is to pay up, sit down and clap the team as a whole. (Manly clap clap clap)---complicated i know.

We don't need to know the specifics if it offends or upsets his family......lol

But a "4 weeks" or "4 months" is absolutely a reasonable expectation for supporters to know.

Tommy T, grade one should be 4-6 weeks (6 being worst case). I had a grade one and a grade 2 and they are miles apart. "High" will be the position on his leg (ie near his bum) and light to variable will just mean his rehab will involved zero running for two weeks, massage and stretch only, then some managed drills etc. Should be right as rain soon enough!

The Incomparable Immortal came back and came clean .
The fact is Manly has one one God and Immortal
No other player has that honour in the history of our club . There is only one Immortal
The Incomparable Immortal and the Greatest player of all time Zachary Robert Fulton

Bagging Cliffy.... thems fighting words. Bozo was the greatest player, but Cliff Lyons had skills that Fulton could only dream about.

Cliffy is God.

Surely they know what Kelepi is being operated on for. Is it so hard to inform supporters wtaf is wrong with the knee.

Mick we have a long and frustrating history of being opaque and coy over player injuries.The only thing I know for certain is that (other than Kelepi returning miraculously from that ACL last year out of the blue ) almost every injury in recent years has been understated to fans and players usually return later than expected. I don’t expect this to change under Desmond. He is not known for his opacity either.

Add 2 weeks to the advertised date and pray to the blessed virgin is my method. I know for a fact the players are fearing for Tangles right now.Lets hope he cops some good fortune. He deserves it.

Bagging Cliffy.... thems fighting words. Bozo was the greatest player, but Cliff Lyons had skills that Fulton could only dream about.

Cliffy is God.
Cliffy was a great player and one of my favourites but The Incomparable Immortal was just that for good reason
There is only ONE Incomparable Immortal .

Why should it matter?

Only the Club,Kelepi and close family need to know the finer details.

Our job as fans is to pay up, sit down and clap the team as a whole. (Manly clap clap clap)---complicated i know.
I'll be sure to remember that next time I'm screaming and swearing at the tv.
Must remember.......has no right to know anything of Manly players injury welfare.
Ok got it.

Mick we have a long and frustrating history of being opaque and coy over player injuries.The only thing I know for certain is that (other than Kelepi returning miraculously from that ACL last year out of the blue ) almost every injury in recent years has been understated to fans and players usually return later than expected. I don’t expect this to change under Desmond. He is not known for his opacity either.

Add 2 weeks to the advertised date and pray to the blessed virgin is my method. I know for a fact the players are fearing for Tangles right now.Lets hope he cops some good fortune. He deserves it.
Who does it benefit by withholding the truth?
It's not as if an RL injury is a State secret. Or is the club worried that the information may fall into the hands of the Russians?

Cliffy is God.

Not according to people who watched him play. I never saw Bozo in his prime, but I know people who did, and they say that he is the best player the club has produced. Cliffy is a rung below.

Not according to people who watched him play. I never saw Bozo in his prime, but I know people who did, and they say that he is the best player the club has produced. Cliffy is a rung below.
I watched all of Bozo's career, and Cliffy, and Fulton was the best RL footballer I've seen. He could do everything, even kick goals when needed.
He was a line-breaker and try scorer whereas Cliffy set up players. Fulton was also a dogged defender and had a will to win I doubt any player could match.

An interesting question to ponder. Bozo is an Immortal while Cliffy isn't. Bozo won 3 premierships and played 35 tests. Cliffy 2 premierships and 6 tests. Cliffy played 309 games for 80 tries for Manly and I'm sure he setup way more tries than Bozo did but Bozo score 129 tries in 219 games for Manly.It would be interesting to compare match winning performances by each for Manly. I'd say Cliffy may just beat Bozo in that department so it's gotta be pretty even as to who was the best club player for Manly. Individual brilliance wise it'd be Bozo but skill at setup plays and bamboozling defences I'd say Cliffy. His combination with the Beaver was outstanding and resulted in so many wins for Manly. Still I think Bozo just pips Cliffy.

An interesting question to ponder. Bozo is an Immortal while Cliffy isn't. Bozo won 3 premierships and played 35 tests. Cliffy 2 premierships and 6 tests. Cliffy played 309 games for 80 tries for Manly and I'm sure he setup way more tries than Bozo did but Bozo score 129 tries in 219 games for Manly.It would be interesting to compare match winning performances by each for Manly. I'd say Cliffy may just beat Bozo in that department so it's gotta be pretty even as to who was the best club player for Manly. Individual brilliance wise it'd be Bozo but skill at setup plays and bamboozling defences I'd say Cliffy. His combination with the Beaver was outstanding and resulted in so many wins for Manly. Still I think Bozo just pips Cliffy.

Cliffy was special .... however Best player is an interesting thing .... Fulton was remarkably skillful and athletically gifted ... he could read a game and cut teams to pieces ....but in saying that we have had many players with the same or even greater talents ...

It is the qualitative measures rather than the quanitative that make for the "best" ... Fulton was a competitor, when a game was on the line, Fulton wanted the ball, Fulton would win the game for you.. he would pull a try out of the hat ..... when he was on the field. not matter what the circumstances ... you still new you had a chance ... it was these attributes that made him "great" .....

And it is for those reasons that Fulton was easily the 2nd best player to have payed for Manly .... just a fleas knee behind Mal Reilly ...

Compare that to the Panthers who do a weekly video update for the fans ( done by the media guy and head physio).

It’s well done and they are completely honest about the timings.

Would not be hard to do!!

Yep. It’s just a waste of time. Fans get frustrated and it doesn’t confuse the opposition. Coaches at this level plan for different combinations turning up and generally plan as if the best will be playing anyway.

A number of times in the last few years we’ve had players reported to be due back and they’ve been seen on crutches at shopping malls. Helps no one.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6