Norths want a relegation system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This was just Dave Perry and the Bears having a crack at Manly and trying to get a bit of publicity.

The NRL would be complete idiots to even entertain a relegation system as it completely de-stabilises the business, they wont do it because at the moment they are trying to stabilise clubs by putting a cap on expenditure and paying clubs admin money, so there is no chance of this happening. Could you imagine if Newcastle and Parra played in reserve grade for the last ten years whilst the bulldogs had 2 teams in and the Northern Pride were in.

Bears haven’t ever won the state cup they could at least win that first before they continue with this delusion of grandeur.

Really just more fanciful and unrealistic posturing by that small group or clique of Bear"s followers that think they still have some supposed entitlement or right to be readmitted into the N R L ranks . The better interests or welfare of the code would as usual be a very distant second consideration . Just of course would not be sustainable or practical now or into the indefinite future . Maybe if the game can get to the 20 team viable composition level , some type of a conference system could be contemplated but that is again a long term future prospect .

Norths continued pipping and squeaking brings me to this.
And I would like to ask our members and supporters reps @Mitch @The Wheel if they could possibly bring this to the clubs attention, that we do 2 things.
One is , lobby the NRL relentlessly that we take over the wasteland that is the old Norths junior area.
It is a rugby stronghold but that sport is now at its weakest. All the north shore private schools and long neglected junior clubs are ripe for the picking and should be ours.
With a heavier presence we could turn that into a reasonable junior catchment.
And 2 is, if the NRL don't come on board, do it anyway.
They need wiping out.

Last edited:
Norths continued pipping and squeaking brings me to this.
And I would like to ask our members and supporters reps @Mitch @The Wheel if they could possibly bring this to the clubs attention, that we do 2 things.
One is , lobby the NRL relentlessly that we take over the wasteland that is the old Norths junior area.
It is a rugby stronghold but that sport is now at its weakest. All the north shore private schools and long neglected junior clubs are ripe for the picking and should be ours.
With a heavier presence we could turn that into a reasonable junior catchment.
And 2 is, if the NRL don't come on board, do it anyway.
They need wiping out.

Or just threaten to send @Ryan back to them ..... that should make them stfu ....

PSS .. Just kidding Ryan ....

Norths, Newtown, Perth, PNG & co can all enter the NSW or QLD Cup.

The winners of the NSW Cup & QLD Cup should play off at the end of August.

The winner should be given spot #8 in the NRL playoffs.

I like this, but what about the top 2 of the NSW and QLD cups go into a play off comp with the bottom 8 of the NRL??

I guess it wouldn't mean anything for whoever won it but there would be more footy to watch!

I like this, but what about the top 2 of the NSW and QLD cups go into a play off comp with the bottom 8 of the NRL??

I guess it wouldn't mean anything for whoever won it but there would be more footy to watch!

The NRL coaches would cry so loud about players risking injury that the comp would never get going.

There were 'losers comps' like that held way back in the 1970s for teams that missed the playoffs. There was the Endeavour Cup run by Cronulla and later the Channel 10 Cup.

While Manly were slogging it out in 1978 finals the Norths Bears actually won a trophy. Check out his newspaper page from 1978 grand final day with big headline for Manly and a little one for Bears first trophy since 1920s: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-page12382687

Last edited:
l_1977%20scanlens%20card%20201501200131.jpg

The NRL coaches would cry so loud about players risking injury that the comp would never get going.

There were 'losers comps' like that held way back in the 1970s for teams that missed the playoffs. There was the Endeavour Cup run by Cronulla and later the Channel 10 Cup.

While Manly were slogging it out in 1978 finals the Norths Bears actually won a trophy. Check out his newspaper page from 1978 grand final day with big headline for Manly and a little one for Bears first trophy since 1920s: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-page12382687
I remember that.
And an ex great Sea Eagle raised the trophy...

Norths have tried everything to get back into the main game with some real drug-fueled ideas but it proves they are run by amateurs.
If they were fair dinkum they would start Super League Mk 2, that is there only hope of playing in the top grade again.
It's been 20 years, time to give up and accept that there is zero chance of the almost impossible happening, the only thing with less chance of happening is Parramatta winning the premiership again.

Unfortunately North Sydney have wasted their time seeking means of undermining the Sea Eagles, hoping to replace them in the North. Foolish move. They should have forgotten their experience with Northern Eagles, which was much because of their elitist attitudes, and concentrated on establishing their identity elsewhere with a well structured and financed strategy. Never happened. They've wasted too much time bickering over past perceived betrayals, which really occurred with SuperLeague, not the Sea Eagles. Cant see them recovering after such a long period out of the game. They are faded memories like Sydney Uni, Glebe and Newtown. R.I.P Bears

Unfortunately North Sydney have wasted their time seeking means of undermining the Sea Eagles, hoping to replace them in the North. Foolish move. They should have forgotten their experience with Northern Eagles, which was much because of their elitist attitudes, and concentrated on establishing their identity elsewhere with a well structured and financed strategy. Never happened. They've wasted too much time bickering over past perceived betrayals, which really occurred with SuperLeague, not the Sea Eagles. Cant see them recovering after such a long period out of the game. They are faded memories like Sydney Uni, Glebe and Newtown. R.I.P Bears

Spot on Bearfax, but the Bears will never give up while ever Manly keep up their complete indifference to becoming northern Sydney's NRL club.

The Sea Eagles don't need to relocate. They have half of Sydney all to themselves if they open their eyes. The equivalent area on the south side of Sydney has Rorters, Wabbits, Dogs, Dragons, Sharks & Wests. But Manly can't get venture west of the Spit Bridge. The old NSWRL club boundaries are meaningless at NRL level. There is nothing stopping Manly looking for sponsors and fans all the way out to Cherrybrook, up to the Hawkesbury and down to the Harbour Bridge.

In fact there is nothing stopping any NRL club going to any part of Australia and NZ looking for sponsors and fans and doing school visits, training, members sign-ups. Why don't Manly ever go to Parramatta or Penrith or Castle Hill or Sydney CBD or Bondi shopping centres looking for members.

The more the Sea Eagles grow, the less we will hear from the Bears.

Spot on Bearfax, but the Bears will never give up while ever Manly keep up their complete indifference to becoming northern Sydney's NRL club.

The Sea Eagles don't need to relocate. They have half of Sydney all to themselves if they open their eyes. The equivalent area on the south side of Sydney has Rorters, Wabbits, Dogs, Dragons, Sharks & Wests. But Manly can't get venture west of the Spit Bridge. The old NSWRL club boundaries are meaningless at NRL level. There is nothing stopping Manly looking for sponsors and fans all the way out to Cherrybrook, up to the Hawkesbury and down to the Harbour Bridge.

In fact there is nothing stopping any NRL club going to any part of Australia and NZ looking for sponsors and fans and doing school visits, training, members sign-ups. Why don't Manly ever go to Parramatta or Penrith or Castle Hill or Sydney CBD or Bondi shopping centres looking for members.

The more the Sea Eagles grow, the less we will hear from the Bears.

Manly are obviously making ground in South Island New Zealand, and are developing close ties with Christchurch.

Totally opens up a situation where Penrith reserves could play Penrith in a Grand Final Qualifier. Should not and will not ever happen..

Urgh! You're right, that would be bad. I don't follow those comps close enough to know who plays in it. I wouldn't have NRL branded teams in the NSW and QLD Cups if they were going to fight for a NRL Top 8 place.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7