Norths want a relegation system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a ridiculous article. North Sydney finished second last in the ISP in 2018. How on earth is a relegation system going to help them!

Leaked images from a recent Norths board meeting.....
C3C7E52A-84A6-439F-A139-A2ACF2C02AEB.jpeg

32254E64-C989-48CB-A1AD-A562A68682B6.jpeg

Ive spoken to people in my street , and our bid team has been created....the Brown St Bombers accept the bears challenge...we have three players confirmed and nobo neighbors either side of us have said they'd back us....FMD ....just go away NSDRLFC FFS....lol

I prefer the bid of the Turramurra bin chickens, which is being pushed by fbi radio.

I wonder if the bears are claiming the fictitious bin chickens as one of their feeder clubs yet?

Keep it simple .... I am a fan of the 2 X 10 conferences .... top 4 from each in the finals .... that gives us 20 teams and would include Perth, Adelaide, PNG/Darwin and a second Brisbane team ....

Play each other twice .... That loses a few games but that can be made up for with any mixture of preseason comp .. 9's comp ... Internationals with and betwen the islanders etc ,,,,

Keep it simple .... I am a fan of the 2 X 10 conferences .... top 4 from each in the finals .... that gives us 20 teams and would include Perth, Adelaide, PNG/Darwin and a second Brisbane team ....

Play each other twice .... That loses a few games but that can be made up for with any mixture of preseason comp .. 9's comp ... Internationals with and betwen the islanders etc ,,,,
Absolutely.
A Sydney team conference and the blow ins using that model would be the best for the game here imo...

That's not really a national competition; more like separate NSWRL and QRL competitions with a playoff and the end of the year. I think you would need some complexity to keep the games fair and varied each season. Something like 4 x divisions of 5, who play each other twice (8 games) and then each team in the other divisions once (16 games). The NFL has an incredibly complex system to ensure its conference system is (supposedly) fair and balanced.

Absolutely.
A Sydney team conference and the blow ins using that model would be the best for the game here imo...

I can just hear the stats obsessed commentators breathlessly saying in the ist final series that this is the first time Many have played the Broncos ..... for 1 year ....

That's not really a national competition; more like separate NSWRL and QRL competitions with a playoff and the end of the year. I think you would need some complexity to keep the games fair and varied each season. Something like 4 x divisions of 5, who play each other twice (8 games) and then each team in the other divisions once (16 games). The NFL has an incredibly complex system to ensure its conference system is (supposedly) fair and balanced.
OK Muzz ... you're in charge of it .... make it happen ...

No thanks! https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule/
The fact is; If the NRL can't successfully get a team in Queensland's second largest city, they have no business even discussing expansion (including relocation) of any sort.

Interesting ..... my thoughts are a good 2 conference split of teams could work without too much drama ... sometimes we do over complicate the simple ....

My reptilean memory seems to recall that @globaleagle worked for (or did) the company that worked out the scheduling for the finals for the top 6/8 when they were introduced .... he may have an idea about the 2 conference thing ....

Nope, I don't care about pre season comps, nines, internationals or even State of O, I want to see my team go around as much as possible, also by reducing the comp from 25 rounds to 20 the TV channels will pay a lot less for the TV rights.
I have no problem with expanding the comp to 18 teams, where it's split into two conferences and you play teams in your conference twice and then play the other conference once, that would still allow for 25 rounds and also expansion, I don't think the game can afford an extra four teams, which would mean NRL funding of an extra 60 million, but may afford an extra two, although I doubt it the way they pi$$ it up against the wall at NRL Headquarters.

Nope, I don't care about pre season comps, nines, internationals or even State of O, I want to see my team go around as much as possible, also by reducing the comp from 25 rounds to 20 the TV channels will pay a lot less for the TV rights.
I have no problem with expanding the comp to 18 teams, where it's split into two conferences and you play teams in your conference twice and then play the other conference once, that would still allow for 25 rounds and also expansion, I don't think the game can afford an extra four teams, which would mean NRL funding of an extra 60 million, but may afford an extra two, although I doubt it the way they pi$$ it up against the wall at NRL Headquarters.

Depends on which teams you bring in. A team in Perth for example means more corporate dollars but also for TV rights, it means a greater audience. That's where you need to be careful with which teams you include. A second Brisbane side would mean big dollars, so that's two. A second NZ side may help break the monopoly of Union, and again add audience and corporate dollars. The fourth is a question mark though. Adelaide, Central Coast, Central NSW, even PNG could be considered, but I think you've at least 2 or 3 that would add to the coffers purely because they would increase crowd support and corporate interest. TV interest depends on expanding audience. Adding Perth, and a second Brisbane side would do that in bucket loads

Welcome to the grumpy old bastards club ...... :rofl:

20 teams = 10 games per week x 18 weeks is 180 games per season
16 teams = 8 games per week x 25 weeks is 200 games per season ..

The difference in 20 games and the revenue would easily be off-set and even increased by a more national TV audience and the preseason and 9's comps and we saw the success of the Tongan game .... If done properly these add ons would add spark and interest to a whole range of different viewers .... Fainu will become a household name from Port Moresby to Suva ......

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6