North Manly Bowling Club set for shock closure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are the LC paying rent far in excess of commercial rates to the Penns, who then complain that they are paying far in excess of commercial rates to play at Brookie which isn't fair?

That seems, well one doesn't want to say hypocritical....

I blame much of our current predicament (the last 15 years not just the last 3 or 4) on terrible leadership of the LC. Look at what DY RSL is now compared to 15 years ago. That was foresight and planning and they are a juggernaut. I don’t agree with needing pokies to fund nrl teams but every other club has that kind of funding except us. The leagues was run into the ground while the rsl flourished. I wish they were our partner
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/08/22&entity=ar00309

DYRSL new $100million upgrade

Our Council went off half cocked again :swear:

Capture+_2018-09-05-13-36-52.png

The Labor Opposition doesn't care about the northern side of Sydney Harbour. They don't even contest bi-elections.
At least most of the Liberal Party politicians know where the Northern Beaches are. But your point is well made, we need the Liberals to stop taking our votes for granted.
That's the disappointing part of NSW politics. Unless you live in a marginal electorate you are unimportant, which is why western Sydney gets all the sweeteners.
It's been blue ribband lib seat since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem

I blame much of our current predicament (the last 15 years not just the last 3 or 4) on terrible leadership of the LC. Look at what DY RSL is now compared to 15 years ago. That was foresight and planning and they are a juggernaut. I don’t agree with needing pokies to fund nrl teams but every other club has that kind of funding except us. The leagues was run into the ground while the rsl flourished. I wish they were our partner

I'm not close enough to say this applies to our own LC and I don't want to cast aspersions on anyone's character, however, there has been a swag of clubs that have misappropriated the fund's that are generated by these clubs.

The sad fact is that some of these people that are running clubs should never be allowed to run them as they treat them as their own personal cash cows and give out marked up contracts to their mates and getting kickbacks.

I think there really needs to be better independent auditing of all clubs.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8