NON Manly games [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just to put something into perspective, this is the win-loss record of each Manly 5/8 who have started in the position since the beginning of 2016.....

To keep it simple for this list, if a player started in the position and we won, they are credited with the win and so on if we lost. So for example, Dylan Walker is credited with the win over Canberra a fortnight ago despite Lachlan Croker playing 78 minutes of the game there after Walks broke his ankle. Croker isn't credited with a win or a loss for that game.

Dylan Walker: 39 games, 20-19
Blake Green: 24 games, 14-10
Lachlan Croker: 11 games, 4-7
Cade Cust: 7 games, 4-3
Jamie Lyon: 6 games, 3-3
Kane Elgey: 6 games, 3-3
Trent Hodkinson: 4 games, 0-4
Pita Godinet: 2 games, 0-2
Matthew Wright: 2 games, 0-2
Tom Wright: 2 games, 0-2
Api Koroisau: 1 game, 0-1
Cam Cullen: 1 game, 0-1
Curtis Sironen: 1 game, 0-1

That's a total of 106 games with 48 wins and 58 losses. Basically, 7 of the 13 pivots we've used since the beginning of 2016 never won a game when they started in the position, and only one of them (Siro) is still with the club. In fact, the only ones still with the club are Walker, Croker, Cust and Siro. And of the rest only Blake Green and Api Koroisau are still playing in the NRL.
So you are saying our 7 is the problem then? Can you do the math of DCE playing 7 in that period without Green at 6? I'm guessing it won't be pretty.

Green has the best ratio and he actually played a 7's role wearing 6.

We need real a 7, and move DCE to 6 where he belongs.

Green will be available next year but I think the Worriers would pay a good chunk of his freight if he left now.

Not a slight on you for offering up these stats...just sayin' buddy.

Last edited:
Should never have let Gutho go - he'd be good on a wing.
Cant have him on the wing the guys a machine. They call him the king because he gave them hope and tried his ass off when they came last. They bought a team of good players and now he's benefiting. Remember he learnt from snake ;) i can see it in his game but when it comes down to it turbo is twice as good

So you are saying our 7 is the problem then? Can you do the math of DCE playing 7 in that period without Green at 6? I'm guessing it won't be pretty.

Green has the best ratio and he actually played a 7's role wearing 6.

We need real a 7, and move DCE to 6 where he belongs.

Green will be available next year but I think the Worriers would pay a good chunk of his freight if he left now.

Not a slight on you for offering up these stats...just sayin' buddy.

In the 82 games (of 106) played without Blake Green between Rd.1 of 2016 and last Sunday's game against Cronulla, DCE has played 72 games at halfback. We are 31-41 in those 72 games (43.05%).

In the other 10 games where neither DCE or Green played, we are 3-7. In those 3 wins, the halves were Walker (6) and Koroisau (7) in a 34-18 win over the Warriors in Auckland in 2016, Kane Elgey (7) and Lachlan Croker (6) in an 18-10 win over the Dogs at Brookie last year and Elgey (7) and Cade Cust (6) in a 24-14 win over Cronulla at Shark Park last year.

Last edited:
Wasn't Clitho coming off consecutive ACL reconstructions? Hardly good cover for anyone.
Now we have Tom coming off three hamstring explosions. But no one is suggesting we offload him.

Looking through the retrospectascope, Clitho looked like damaged goods with his ACL issues to the Fulton-Barrett duumvirate. However he has hardly missed a game since. Last night was his 95th premiership turnout for Parramatta.

We will never know if he would have suffered another ACL tear if he had remained at Manly. But right now his 95 games from the start of 2016, not to mention his form throughout, indicates that the decision to release him could go on to be the greatest retention blunder in the M-W club’s history.

Furthermore, we might not be having this conversation if the owners had not conducted a destabilisation campaign against Toovey, leading to Fulton’s return and ultimately the ill-advised Barrett experiment.

Last edited:
Elgey retired last year - his body had had enough

He was also done mentally. I just don't think he wanted to be under pressure to constantly perform anymore.

Its a shame because on his good days he was a good footballer. Maybe not top of the class talent, but he wasn't as bad as his record showed. Anyone who played 4 years with the Titans would have a piss poor record.

He played 57 games for the Titans and Manly for 20 wins and 37 losses. Of those games he played 33 at pivot, 21 at half and 3 off the bench. He had a 10-23 record at 5/8, a 10-11 record at half and was 0-3 when coming off the bench.

Elgey played 11 games for Manly with a 5-6 record (meaning he was 15-31 at the Titans). For Manly he played 6 games at 5/8 (3-3) and 5 games at half (2-3). Every game he played at 5/8 for Manly, DCE was the half. He played 3 games at half alongside Cade Cust (1-2), was 1-0 with Lachlan Croker and 0-1 with Curtis Sironen. His last game for Manly was in Rd.12 last year where he played half alongside Cust where we lost 15-12 at Penrith. The next week DCE returned from his ankle injury and Elgey never played first grade again. In the 21 games we have played since then, we are 13-8 (all with Cherry at half).

Last edited:
Just to put something into perspective, this is the win-loss record of each Manly 5/8 who have started in the position since the beginning of 2016.....

To keep it simple for this list, if a player started in the position and we won, they are credited with the win and so on if we lost. So for example, Dylan Walker is credited with the win over Canberra a fortnight ago despite Lachlan Croker playing 78 minutes of the game there after Walks broke his ankle. Croker isn't credited with a win or a loss for that game.

Dylan Walker: 39 games, 20-19
Blake Green: 24 games, 14-10
Lachlan Croker: 11 games, 4-7
Cade Cust: 7 games, 4-3
Jamie Lyon: 6 games, 3-3
Kane Elgey: 6 games, 3-3
Trent Hodkinson: 4 games, 0-4
Pita Godinet: 2 games, 0-2
Matthew Wright: 2 games, 0-2
Tom Wright: 2 games, 0-2
Api Koroisau: 1 game, 0-1
Cam Cullen: 1 game, 0-1
Curtis Sironen: 1 game, 0-1

That's a total of 106 games with 48 wins and 58 losses. Basically, 7 of the 13 pivots we've used since the beginning of 2016 never won a game when they started in the position, and only one of them (Siro) is still with the club. In fact, the only ones still with the club are Walker, Croker, Cust and Siro. And of the rest only Blake Green and Api Koroisau are still playing in the NRL.
You are the King of stats . Well done @HoldenV8

I could care less about the drizzle but JWH is a grub every game
Yes indeed. Nevertheless this grub is close to being the best player that ever left Manly to go on to greater heights elsewhere. And the lair Gutho is hot on his heels.

What is clear is that there are several teams miles ahead of Manly at this point in the season. I'm not really worried though, so much is still to unfold.

Yes indeed. Nevertheless this grub is close to being the best player that ever left Manly to go on to greater heights elsewhere. And the lair Gutho is hot on his heels.

What is clear is that there are several teams miles ahead of Manly at this point in the season. I'm not really worried though, so much is still to unfold.

Actually, some Manly players have done well in England after leaving the club. Wombat won the Challenge Cup Final and Lance Todd Trophy with Halifax, Kevin Iro (when he went back to England) won 2 premierships, a Challenge Cup and World Club Challenge with St Helens, Danny Moore won a premiership with Wigan, Daniel Gartner won 2 premierships, a Challenge Cup and a World Club Challenge with Bradford and Jackson Hastings won the 2019 Man of Steel playing for Salford.

Just to name a few.

Actually, some Manly players have done well in England after leaving the club. Wombat won the Challenge Cup Final and Lance Todd Trophy with Halifax, Kevin Iro (when he went back to England) won 2 premierships, a Challenge Cup and World Club Challenge with St Helens, Danny Moore won a premiership with Wigan, Daniel Gartner won 2 premierships, a Challenge Cup and a World Club Challenge with Bradford and Jackson Hastings won the 2019 Man of Steel playing for Salford.

Just to name a few.

Blasphemy that you forgot 2018 Challenge Cup winner, Brayden Wiliame...

Not doubting his ability SER8, just noting that he is a grub and NEVER seems to cop a penalty for it whereas others get pulled up for hands to the face as soon as they do it once... he and Gutho are competitors no doubt but I wouldn't everswap them for AFB and Turbo... our side is a lot better than it's being given credit for imo...

A little concerning that the same side that we struggled to score against last week is getting ripped apart through their right side by the titans this week...

Sharks looking fairly flat against the Titans so far.
It goes to show that it is much harder, in the touch footy environment we are playing, to keep high intensity and be fully committed for numerous weeks in a row.

Roosters & Storm are the exception, although next week will be interesting for both teams, even with their long turnarounds.

Parra were dead flat against the Tigers a few weeks ago until the last 15 minutes.
Raiders are up and down.
We are up and down. Took the Sharks way too lightly after 2 tough matches.

Ash Taylor is killing it this game.. last week he was good to. He should of had a try to his name but the fb failed to pass inside for some dumb reason.
So far he has 3 linebreak assits.
Also i wish we bought corey Thompson the guys a gun seriously and a perfect back up for turbine thruster

Ash Taylor is killing it this game.. last week he was good to. He should of had a try to his name but the fb failed to pass inside for some dumb reason.
So far he has 3 linebreak assits.
Also i wish we bought corey Thompson the guys a gun seriously and a perfect back up for turbine thruster
Why he’s playing Thompson on the wing is a mystery. I thought Holbrook would keep him at FB for sure. Just fkn dumb choices.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4