NON Manly games [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fark that was a hard game of footy. Both teams going 100%. I felt Melbourne were slightly more physical and Chooks slightly more likely in attack. That first hit up in the second half from Nelson AS was fierce ...

I am noticing a storm tactic more (is it new?) where two defenders hold the guy up and then someone cannons in at an angle ... really damaging to the ribs / back of the attacking player.

Melbourne blatantly slowing the play the ball and referee ignores it. Eithe 3rd man falls on his own player and no intention of tackling the attacking player, or defender lies around in the ruck to slow the dummy half. And don’t tell me that they aren’t using arms around neck or head as much as JWH. Cheats of the highest order; always have been and always will be.
I could care less about the drizzle but JWH is a grub every game not just last night and NEVER seems to get pinged for it... there were a heap of penalties and 6 agains that went ungiven last night and both teams had their chance to win the game... friend penalty was an absolute no-brainer so sh*t happens if you tipped the roosters I guess...

Fark that was a hard game of footy. Both teams going 100%. I felt Melbourne were slightly more physical and Chooks slightly more likely in attack. That first hit up in the second half from Nelson AS was fierce ...

I am noticing a storm tactic more (is it new?) where two defenders hold the guy up and then someone cannons in at an angle ... really damaging to the ribs / back of the attacking player.
I noticed it too... i think they were doing it years ago and they started penalising it - can anyone confirm that?... they seem to be using it to slow the ruck now because even if they peel off 'quick', it takes extra time... also notice sides are holding players up and then taking them to ground when the ref yells held - which they seem to be getting away with too...

I could care less about the drizzle but JWH is a grub every game not just last night and NEVER seems to get pinged for it... there were a heap of penalties and 6 agains that went ungiven last night and both teams had their chance to win the game... friend penalty was an absolute no-brainer so sh*t happens if you tipped the roosters I guess...
Jwh should of been banished years ago! ****s the biggest grub in the game and has been for years. Only adam blair and latrine are close

I noticed it too... i think they were doing it years ago and they started penalising it - can anyone confirm that?... they seem to be using it to slow the ruck now because even if they peel off 'quick', it takes extra time... also notice sides are holding players up and then taking them to ground when the ref yells held - which they seem to be getting away with too...
That has been there tactics for a few years now, and they have mastered it. The ref will yell held a few times, yet they are still able to take the player to the grd without a penalty??

Good game, but result should have been Roosters 25 Storm 24. Very blatant knock on by Brandon Smith in play the ball before Papenhuyzen's field goal. There has been some howling errors by match officials since the resumption, e.g. Turbo's non forward pass v Eels, Raiders obvious forward pass that led to try late in Eels game, plus last night's knock on. Overall, very poor officiating for a professional competition!

I must admit I missed it too watching it live.

But the fact remains, the result has 100% been altered due to a refereeing error for the second time this year.

At year's end, Eels and Storm - 2. Manly and Rorters +2. Lets wait and see how it alters the table.

Last night was a good game, for a non-Manly game. The only downside other than it being the Scum and Chooks was that they put arguably the worst referee in charge.

I wouldn't have Klein refereeing a South Australian U/14 club game.

The play the ball is the biggest blight on todays game. Its gone back to those awful super league days when players rolled the ball between their legs. Surely that bunker can pick up obvious ones because there is no way that the ball was played properly to allow the drizzle to get that field goal!

One of the best things the NRL did in recent years was their crack down on play the balls.

One of the worst things the NRL did in recent years was drop the crack down after a few rounds because people complained about referees being pedantic about it.

I wouldn't have Klein refereeing a South Australian U/14 club game.
So are you saying you’d deny yourself the opportunity to go and heckle him in person? I’d love him to come to Singapore and ref a game!

One of the best things the NRL did in recent years was their crack down on play the balls.

One of the worst things the NRL did in recent years was drop the crack down after a few rounds because people complained about referees being pedantic about it.
That was Todd. Apparently he looked all the players in the eye and they promised they wouldn’t infringe anymore.

That was Todd. Apparently he looked all the players in the eye and they promised they wouldn’t infringe anymore.

Just another in the long list of Greenturd led NRL knee jerk decisions made more in response to media and fans crying rather than anything that was actually good for the game.

Edit: and the worst part of the knee jerk reaction rule changes or crackdowns was that more often than not they happened mid-season and sometimes, worst still, they happened mid bloody round. And the worst thing about mid-round changes was that they often happened after the Thursday and Friday games had been played which put the teams playing on the weekend at a distinct disadvantage.

Just take a look at what happened in 2018 when they decided before the season that referees would actually penalise things instead of letting them go, all in response to long time fan and media cries that referees were letting too many things go. Be careful what you wish for. That was gone within about 4-5 rounds because, shock horror, fans and media were complaining about the amount of penalties that were being blown. Everyone got what they wanted but had suddenly realised that there was a reason some things weren't being given as penalties. The flow of the game would be killed if refs blew the whistle for every single infringement no matter how minor it might be.

Last edited:
I only saw the highlights of his game last week. I think he got out jumped on a bomb :oops:

hopefully goes better tonight. I like seeing young blokes start their career well, even if playing for other teams.
He has been ok hasnt done much so far.. if corey norman could kick properly we might see saab contest and get a try.

That Raiders #16 started the game on fire. Very impressed.

It will be interesting to see his involvement now at the back end.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6