NON Manly games [Round 7, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did someone forget to tell the Warriors you're supposed to show up after your coach is sacked? You don't have to do it every week - that would definitely be asking too much - but it's a rugby league tradition that you play better for at least one week.
Mate sadly that side is done and to be honest who can blame them. Living away from their families is hard enough and then their coach (who they are all very connected to) is sacked. They will be lucky to win another game this year.

Geez, on Fox they're carrying on as if a Roosters player died on the pitch.

They're acting as if this is the first time a team has ever lost players to injury.

Did they miss us losing 3 players in 10 minutes last week?
Yep Jess Yates was appalled. At least the panel made the point that neither looked turf related.

Did someone forget to tell the Warriors you're supposed to show up after your coach is sacked? You don't have to do it every week - that would definitely be asking too much - but it's a rugby league tradition that you play better for at least one week.

I read it's the first time in 80+ yrs a team starting with a replaced coach mid season has been held to nil at halftime!

Mate sadly that side is done and to be honest who can blame them. Living away from their families is hard enough and then their coach (who they are all very connected to) is sacked. They will be lucky to win another game this year.

Gus called it prior to Kearneys sacking.
Said they wouldn’t win more than four matches all year I think it was.

Tonight's injuries probably weren't the direct result of the surface at bankwest (unlike at the very least Parker's concussion last week ... Walks is debatable). But in a lot of ways the NRL is paying the price of having so many games played at so few venues.

I can understand the NRL wanting to play games at venues where its all or mostly all seating rather than having an empty grass hill in the background. They wanted to showcase rugby league given that there hasn't been a whole lot of choice for live sport on television during the pandemic. But in a lot of ways they really have shot themselves in the foot with the long term injuries we are starting to see.

How hard would it have been to add an extra couple of grounds to the schedule so that the playing surfaces at Gosford, bankwest and Campbelltown weren't so overworked? So what if there would have been an empty hill in the background? They managed to play at Kogarah on Thursday and that didn't seem to hurt their spectacle. What about other grounds like Penrith, WIN or even Brookvale or Newcastle to lighten the load? It might not have stopped the amount of injuries, but we wouldn't be getting the complaints about the state of the surfaces like we are now.

I also wonder if Nine and Fox had anything to do with the small number of venues used in the past 5 weeks? Not wanting to have to go to different grounds to set up their equipment, they could basically leave everything in place at the 3 NSW venues (security guarded) and Suncorp which would have saved them money on transport and set up.

Next weekend when we go back to home venues can't come quick enough. And hopefully if we ever go back into restrictions like they have in Victoria, the NRL can learn from playing so many games at so few venues and next time spread it out a bit more.

Poor warriors.

Imagine being beaten by 40+ after losing your coach and in your 9th week away from your family and friends and then.....

sCam smith comes into your shed and starts speaking to you like he's in charge of the nrl and a few words from him doing his sermon from the mount impersonation will make everything all right.

Surprised they just sat there to be honest. Made sure the camera was behind him so he could look like a preacher for the inevitable media glorification.

Meh.... maybe some liked it. I would not have let him in.

Campbelltown has a hill at both ends. It was chosen for other reasons...and other grounds discarded for those same reasons, not because they are not entirely stadia.

PVL is on the right track with allowing games from round 8 to be played at each clubs spiritual home.

He get's it!

About farking time someone did.

Poor warriors.

Imagine being beaten by 40+ after losing your coach and in your 9th week away from your family and friends and then.....

sCam smith comes into your shed and starts speaking to you like he's in charge of the nrl and a few words from him doing his sermon from the mount impersonation will make everything all right.

Surprised they just sat there to be honest. Made sure the camera was behind him so he could look like a preacher for the inevitable media glorification.

Meh.... maybe some liked it. I would not have let him in.
What?? Did this really happen? Preaching the good word of the MRL. I feel for the warriors essentially they are the only team making this level of sacrifice. Albeit melb have now come interstate. And then for good old Cam to visit them after getting hammered by 50.

What?? Did this really happen? Preaching the good word of the MRL. I feel for the warriors essentially they are the only team making this level of sacrifice. Albeit melb have now come interstate. And then for good old Cam to visit them after getting hammered by 50.

All hail King Kameron

"Look see.. you have two hands...so why not sign a contract with each one? lol @ nrl"

71bac778900137b34dd24920c51156bb

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8