NON Manly games [Round 7, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sooooo....

Canberra are 1 from their last 4.

Game can be tough when you have to play the big boys!
Makes a big difference doesn’t it?? And as someone (you??) mentioned earlier, it’s the same reason why Parramatta deserve some respect. They’ve had a bit of a tough run of late and only dropped one game to the defending premiers...

Sooooo....

Canberra are 1 from their last 4.

Game can be tough when you have to play the big boys!
Canberra plays Illawarra next, but after that match comes up against three of the heavyweights in succession: Melbourne, Easts and Souffs.
I can see them slipping out of the top eight by round 12.

I just wasn't brave enough to pick the Titans - though I thought they were in with a good chance. Maybe the remaining myth of a decent broncs team plus they were heavy favourites swayed me.

So...eventually we're all going to have to accept that Parra isn't such a bad team? HIA cheats sure...refs helping out occasionally...sure but you don't win 6 in a row by chance.

I picked Parra, didn't think it'd be that close but thought that the raiders might be tired after playing Manly (as most teams are).
You and me both GE - kicking myself I didn't go with my gut feel on the Titans.

As for Parra, can't bring myself to ever tip them, such is my dislike for them. Will never accept they aren't a bad team especially while they're the new pets, get all the 50/50 calls their way and are playing at their home.

The Bulldogs have suffered a huge blow with confirmation star fullback Will Hopoate will undergo surgery on a high-grade syndesmosis injury and faces six to eight weeks on the sidelines.
The 28-year-old has been the club’s most consistent player this year and will leave a huge hole in their inexperienced back line.

Canberra's fiery red-head given a warning note for flipping the bird.

"oh...won't someone think of the children!!!!????"

NRL head of football Graham Annesley confirmed Horsburgh had been spared a fine but issued with a concerning act notice. The match review committee took into consideration Horsburgh had just suffered a serious injury when he reacted to a tiny section of the tiny Bankwest Stadium crowd.

"The incident was reviewed, but the match review committee decided to deal with it the same way they did with Blake Green last year when he gave a similar gesture to Wests Tigers fans,'' Annesley said on Monday.

- meanwhile...the mudia repeatedly post photos of the action.

Interesting thought re Brisbane's woes.

Has anyone else noticed that Brisbane's halves look lost in games? I wonder if its no small coincidence that because of the new rules ... Allan Langer is not allowed on the field so much? Because most he the time he wasn't out there running water, he was basically out there coaching them during games. Now without him on the field directing traffic, they are looking like an absolute shambles.

You and me both GE - kicking myself I didn't go with my gut feel on the Titans.

As for Parra, can't bring myself to ever tip them, such is my dislike for them. Will never accept they aren't a bad team especially while they're the new pets, get all the 50/50 calls their way and are playing at their home.

I'm with you @ALinda, can never tip Parra or Souffs so if they play each other I either leave it blank or tip a draw. Sure it costs me some points but it's the price you pay for integrity, right?
If someone asks why, I just tell them truth....."It's against my religion..." then they give me that funny smartarse look...."oh that's right, you're a Manly supporter" is all they can come up with.

Following my 'religion' last round put me in last place in the ST tipping competition: two correct from eight!
If a little knowledge is dangerous then I'm in great peril.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6