Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
ROUND FOUR

Thursday, April 4 Stadium (Network) EDT Local Hashtag
Roosters v Broncos Sydney Cricket Ground (Nine/Fox) 7.50pm 7.50pm #NRLRoostersBroncos

Friday, April 5 Stadium (Network) EDT Local Hashtag
Warriors v Titans Mt Smart Stadium (Fox) 6.00pm 8.00pm #NRLWarriorsTitans

Panthers v Wests Tigers Panthers Stadium (Nine/Fox) 7.55pm 7.55pm #NRLPanthersTigers

Saturday, April 6 Stadium (Network) EDT Local Hashtag
Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles v Souths Lottoland (Fox) 12.30pm

Sea Eagles
v Rabbitohs Lottoland (Fox) 3.00pm 3.00pm #NRLManlySouths

Cowboys v Raiders 1300Smiles Stadium (Fox) 5.30pm 4.30pm #NRLCowboysRaiders

Eels v Sharks ANZ Stadium (Fox) 7.35pm 7.35pm #NRLEelsSharks

Sunday, April 7 Stadium (Network) EST Local Hashtag
Storm v Bulldogs AAMI Park (Nine/Fox) 4.05pm 4.05pm #NRLStormBulldogs

Knights v Dragons McDonald Jones Stadium (Fox) 6.10pm 6.10pm #NRLKnightsDragons

"This is an extremely painful injury and is aggravated by heavy breathing".
Our NRL Medico has the the details of the rib injury that sidelined both Paul Gallen and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves this weekend.
#NRL https://t.co/VI1z8I63KB

Oh goodie. We get to see the Donkeys on Channel Nein again. For the fourth week in a row!
And the NRL has the audacity to be talking about expansion when there are six clubs (by my counting) that have been ignored by Free TV this season - Manly, Titans, Sharks, NZ, Raiders and Knights.
It seems to me that Brisbane is the only club that the NRL truly cares about. Little wonder so many of the smaller clubs are struggling to gain some support and worthwhile sponsorship.
Surely the NRL should be about equality.... but who am I kidding?

No one wants to talk about the feud that is simmering ahead of Friday night’s grudge match between Penrith and Wests Tigers, but there is plenty of bad blood between Panthers coach Ivan Cleary and the club he walked out on.

Tigers enforcer Russell Packer and Cleary’s former chief executive and close mate Justin Pascoe were the two most hurt by the exit of their former coach.

The Daily Telegraph has been told that Packer “did blow up” at a meeting Cleary had with his leadership group before he departed.

Cleary’s friendship with Pascoe is also in tatters. The two have apparently not spoken since Cleary left, aside from a few text messages.

It is understood Pascoe was confused that Cleary wanted to return to Penrith considering his previous relationship with the Panthers’ general manager of football, Phil Gould.

Some at the Tigers apparently even went as far as to warn Cleary about the unnecessary pressure his return to Penrith would put on his son, Nathan.

But Cleary had made up his mind that it was something he and Nathan wanted to do.

No one can truly understand the extent of Cleary’s desire to coach his son, but the way he left the Tigers deeply upset many, especially considering the Tigers gave Cleary a job after he was sacked by Penrith.

New Tigers skipper Moses Mbye, who Cleary played a significant hand in recruiting from Canterbury, said this week the players weren’t as “disappointed as you think” and were “happy” to have Michael Maguire as their new coach.

It’s true that not all the players saw it as such a big event, especially the younger ones.

But when Cleary first fronted the Tigers’ leadership group last year, the mood in the room was anything but happy.

While only those at the meeting know exactly what was said, Packer’s confrontation with Cleary was the talk of the club in the days that followed.

Pascoe was just as filthy, especially considering Gould had sacked Cleary as Penrith coach before.

LISTEN! Pressure on the Clearys, Ponga’s missing spark and rich pickings for the Blues. Plus Matty’s confrontation with “The Animal”. Don’t miss this week’s episode of The Matty Johns podcast with Paul Kent and James Hooper.

It has since been revealed that Gould didn’t want Cleary to return as coach in the first place.

Gould had targeted Wayne Bennett to take over from Anthony Griffin but his offer to Bennett was knocked on the head because Penrith chairman Dave O’Neill had already done his own deal to bring Cleary back, with the support of the Penrith board.

The Tigers said they would not let Cleary go unless they found a suitable replacement before pre-season training began.

Bennett and Maguire were initially courted but after Bennett knocked back the offer, Maguire was signed.

However, the Tigers still wanted to make Penrith squirm for courting Cleary while he was under contract.

They used Cleary’s existing contract to negotiate a $300,000 settlement, which is paying a large portion of Maguire’s first-year salary.

As part of the payout, it’s claimed Cleary coughed up his final month’s salary, worth about $40,000.

And the Tigers received a $250,000 reconciliation that supposedly came clearly marked in a statement from the Penrith Panthers.

Cleary quiet on Gould rumours

Not that Cleary walked away empty-handed, given it is believed his contract at Penrith is worth $1 million a season.

If that is the case, it is a 45 per cent upgrade on what Cleary was paid at the Tigers.

Everyone will have an opinion on who got the better of the deal.

But one thing is for certain, some friendships will never be the same.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...p/news-story/6c04d318ed7a050ec52644b81d7f2031

Geez it's embarrassing for our code for two of our better teams to be playing in such an empty stadium. It looks terrible on TV. If I was from another country and tuned in I would think I'd be watching a C division game or something.

Oh, but the Chooks are playing an interstate based team....

Yeah, so were the Swans last Friday night and they still managed to attract over 32,000 which looks to be around 20,000 more than tonight.

I’m flicking back and forth between the NRL and the Aussie Rules. Adelaide oval is nearly full. Must be 70000 people there. Great atmosphere.

Bellamy is a terrible TV analyst, I don't know why they bother. He will never give anything away.

Your probably right. Looks about the same as the final the other day. Let’s say 55000. About the same as the number of empty seats at the league.

Either way its still pretty much full compared to the SCG right now which is just about full of empty seats.

Adelaide Oval currently holds 53,583 officially. 53,083 seats and 500 standing room on the northern (scoreboard) hill.

It probably would hold 70,000 if they had been allowed to build a stand at the northern end. However, both the scoreboard and the Morten Bay Fig trees are heritage listed and can not be removed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4