Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Simon they are playing simple rugby league, doing all the little things right. But gee souths are making them look like world beaters.

They do look bad souths...totally lost and unenthusiastic . We've had some bad performances last couple of years but nothing like this. Cant ever remember being down 32-0 at half time!

oh crap, souffs are clearly already thinking about next week and will be majorly up with the return of the chosen one.

Why couldn't we get them playing like this.
Yep that would have been nice, imagine how a game like this would affect our confidence?

Souths were disjointed last week too - Burgess can't carry them for 80 minutes.

They beat Rorters and Knights - their lack of form was masked by these weakend Teams

Why I like our chances against souths.
1. Their forward pack isn't big, mobile and fast like dogs or cowboys. We can contain them easier up the middle then those other sides.
2. Their backline is slow. They have set plays in slow motion and fairly predictable. And when we play sides with slower backs I feel much much more confident with Lyon and matai. I remember Lyon having a field day against souths last year

Damn, that was as close to into touch I've seen since the Wolfman's effort against Souffs in the 2013 finals.

Haven't seen a more dominant half by forwards in a long time. Goes to show if you can't contain the dogs pack and go forward they are hard to beat. If you can match them and shut down the ball playing fowards they have limited attack. It's why I always think we struggle against the dogs, their pack is just too big.
Souths vs Manly 2014 finals series.

Any team that is playing soft or looking lethargically flat be it defence or attack will get lapped in the modern game.

Manly can look forward to such performances if they continue to defend in the manner they have been since mid/late 2014.

Mondays game against Cronulla was another soft containment/absorb defensive style with the odd bit of improvement in patches not enough though.

Cronulla don't run the greatest lines or structures or have the most sharp direct go forward to take full advantage of such a scenario.

Gus just made a very good point about the 5 day turn around.

Manly have a few of those, including tomorrow's game and then we play Souffs next Thursday.

Souths vs Manly 2014 finals series.

Any team that is playing soft or looking lethargically flat be it defence or attack will get lapped in the modern game.

Manly can look forward to such performances if they continue to defend in the manner they have been since mid/late 2014.

Mondays game against Cronulla was another soft containment/absorb defensive style with the odd bit of improvement in patches not enough though.

Cronulla don't run the greatest lines or structures or have the most sharp direct go forward to take full advantage of such a scenario.

You are full of future positivity today TC!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6