Non-Manly Games [Round 3, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who was the genius who let Gutho go to leave us with Williame? Remind me.

I'd like to know who as well. I'm probably going against the grain here but last season I was saying that Gutho was more ready for first grade than Tom was and that he should get first nod in 2016 (prior to the club punting him). Both had equally excellent feats in the lower grades but Gutho had a few extra achievements in athletics. It's just a shame that Gutho was wiped out for the season in round 1 last year. He actually signed an extension midway through last season that was in line with the Trbojevic's contracts because they are all great mates and then management added another monumental **** up to their already long list by punting Gutho.

We handed the dogs their win. We fumbled and couldn't handle their roll on. Last week panthers had them beat , the panthers pack contained the dogs fowards and should of won. Tonight parra shut down dogs go forward and if you do that dogs look very flat. Parra are looking strong in D and containing sides up the middle. Something we can't do atm
The dogs were far better than we were... Shows how bad we are..

Semi is a gun. No Semi on the field, no tries to the slime.
Pass from Gower for try 3 very good.
Anyway the bonus of putting up with a parra win is a dogs loss.
Hope De$ goes nuts about the refs. Voldemorts, every one of them!

I'd like to know who as well. I'm probably going against the grain here but last season I was saying that Gutho was more ready for first grade than Tom was and that he should get first nod in 2016 (prior to the club punting him). Both had equally excellent feats in the lower grades but Gutho had a few extra achievements in athletics. It's just a shame that Gutho was wiped out for the season in round 1 last year. He actually signed an extension midway through last season that was in line with the Trbojevic's contracts because they are all great mates and then management added another monumental **** up to their already long list by punting Gutho.
I'm actually at a point where I'm aghast at how quickly the fabric of Manly is being shredded. It's a bit like some other company buying Vegemite and changing the formula - and then losing the original. I feel like we're losing Manly - and there's no better example than offering a local junior like Gutho, who was just coming into his own, to another club on a platter.

Not satisfied at all by that explanation from Archer. The referee's on-field call was a try. If the touch judge has then said to him that it was a forward pass then it should have been ruled as such without it going to the bunker.

That 'explanation' was an attempt to cover their arses.

By nature I am an optimist. It is only Round 3 after all! However if 'Bob and Trent's Excellent Adventure' all ends in tears over the next 2-3 seasons, what happens then? Another complete rebuild? Because the current model definitely has a few 'factory recalls' in the making. Like booting contracted players Hiku and Gutherson.

In those quieter moments, I worry about the sort of 'aspiration strangulation' that Canberra has suffered from (courtesy of the McIntyre and Furner families), being visited upon the Sea Eagles.

The latter courtesy of the Penn and Fulton families.

Last edited:
None of Archer's 'explanation' told how they (video ref or bunker as it is now) are allowed to rule a forward pass. Because that is basically what they did.

Sorry but if the Speels didn't touch it (which they didn't) then it should have been a try.

Need any more proof that the fix is on?

And that's not to take away from the Speels performance tonight because they probably would have won anyway with the BS the Dogs were dishing up in attack.

What is Gutho doing to make you all have a fit? Parra didn't win because he was on the wing.

Its the fact that players like Wiliame were kept while good local juniors like Gutho were let go.

What is Gutho doing to make you all have a fit? Parra didn't win because he was on the wing.

Was safe under the high ball tonight, was good in defence and made more than 100 metres along with most of the other Eels backs tonight.

I have also not seen Tom cut up a side like Gutherson did when he ran riot against the Tigers as an 18/19 year old a few years ago. He was also playing fullback in a NSW under 20's team with Jake that smashed the Queensland side by 5 tries to 1 or 2. They scored 30 points that night and Gutho was perfect with the boot. He had to kick a couple from the sideline that night.

Blows my mind that they let him go when we should seriously be considering moving on Lyon and Matai very soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8