Non-Manly Games [Round 3, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Pablo

Bencher
Redpect
My V8 is the old 5.0 litre 308. It either runs on 8 or like Nate Myles, it don't run lol
Nice.
I jumped on the Chevy bandwagon like an idiot when the 5.7 came out. Still miss my old 5L Calais. Enjoy the power of my current VE but miss the sound and the soul of the 5L!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
While I do agree, the question is how long will it last though?

Guys like Hiku and Gutho will probably still be playing first grade (either here or in the SL) in 2026. Killer and Skivy, legends that they are, are unlikely to go past 2017 at best.
You make a good point there . The salary cap makes it hard to keep every one. We made our choice in keeping Killer and Skivy and by the end of the year I hope they play well and we are vindicated .
If it is speed that we need in our back line then Hiku is not the answer and Gutho from what I have seen has not set the world on fire at Parra .
I am sure when it is time for Killer and Skivy to give it away the Immortal will get us quality replacements .
By the way the Gold Coast are leading the Tigers by 30 -10 with 18 to go.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The Tits are leading the Tigpies by 20??

WTF is going on with the NRL this year???????? Speels are winning, teams who have beaten us then fall in a hole while us and the Rorters, grand finalists just 3 seasons ago, are struggling.

The whole world has gone topsy turvy.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Tits are leading the Tigpies by 20??

WTF is going on with the NRL this year???????? Speels are winning, teams who have beaten us then fall in a hole.

The whole world has gone topsy turvy.
I blame my poor tipping on this lol. Definitely topsy turvy

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You're not the only one lol. Last week I said we would win and win well, then we lost badly. Then this week I said that I hoped that the Dogs would put a cricket score on the Speels.....and look how that turned out!!!!

I'm done making predictions. My soothsaying days are done.....for now :p

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
My V8 is the old 5.0 litre 308. It either runs on 8 or like Nate Myles, it don't run lol
I drive a BA XR6 and I am looking at getting a WM 6.0 litre 2008 Caprice .You can pick them up from around 10 grand. Just in case you are thinking to upgrade from your 5.0 litre
800px-2006-2008_Holden_WM_Caprice_sedan_02.jpg

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If the Tigers are getting hammered, is this a reflection of how much we took out of them on Monday :p lol

So another crazy result....yes, the world's gone mad!

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They said Elgey might try going to the states to see if they can get him on the field this year....after watching his fill in Ash Taylor tonight I'd say Elgey would be boarding a plane to LA right about now!....

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
While I do agree, the question is how long will it last though?

Guys like Hiku and Gutho will probably still be playing first grade (either here or in the SL) in 2026. Killer and Skivy, legends that they are, are unlikely to go past 2017 at best.

The reality is that although Tom is earmarked to take over at fullback when Snake retires (probably to France), when he moves and both Killer and Skivy go we're going to need a winger and two centres.

Santini may be first grade quality by then, and I guess we could move Walker and buy another 5/8 if someone like Tom Wright hasn't progressed. But right now we're rather short of depth in the outside backs. Quality depth that is.

Remember when Lillee, Marsh and Chappel all retired around 1983/84? As good as players like Border, Hughes (Kym), Lawson, Wessels etc were it still took the Aussie test team about 5 years to come good after that. That's what I fear we're looking at once we lose Snake, Killer and Skivy.
James Roberts will likely be available on the cheap

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Last one - anyone who watched the Tigers first two games and thought they were contenders was dreaming. They played the two most disjointed teams in the comp and leaked points to both and realistically could have lost both. It was just a matter of time.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Last one - anyone who watched the Tigers first two games and thought they were contenders was dreaming. They played the two most disjointed teams in the comp and leaked points to both and realistically could have lost both. It was just a matter of time.
After seeing the form of all teams, yes you are right, the Tigers will be lucky to make the 8 this year.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Well it was obvious last Monday that when Manly got their act together they could easily motor through the Nick Geigers'* ruck and score points quite readily. Parcell was unlucky not to have two tries to his name, both of them under the posts.

Invariably too, the Tiger Geigers' scored after a dodgy ref call against Manly, a DCE brain snap, or a disallowed Manly try.

*Nick Geiger was one of those token Qld-based reps in an Australian team, like John Grant, pre-SOO. In Geiger's case, the 1977 World Series. Ahead of a far worthier player like Max Krilich. He went on to have an epic stint at the high-flying 1979 Panthers (under coach Len Stacker), playing four first grade games.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe

mozgrame

Engorged member
CQ Capra's have made it 2 wins from 3 starts this year. After beating the cutters in round 1, they went down to the devils in round 2 and last night defeated the jets 23 -14. Looking good for the new look side.

Also, if anyone is interested....I am looking to sell my 2005 9C1 VZ Commodore. That's the police pack. VERY nice sleeper! It's badged executive, and as any holden fan will know, you couldn't get the V8 option with the VZ executive. The cops could though. It has the 5.7l, FE2 suspension, black interior and all the lurks and perks of the higher spec commodores.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12