Non-Manly Games [Round 25, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Which is a feat in itself considering that rugby league still runs a poor second behind the AFL.

The NRL, and in particular Fox Sports has a very big influence down there.

The Big 3 largely funded by TPA's.

And let's not forget the additional $10 million a year they get to run the club as they are disadvantaged by being in the AFL heartland.

Fair Dinkum, it ****s me , the advantages they get!

Exactly so how do they manage that within the salary cap???
A good number of those who have emerged this and last year would've been neville nobodies when they signed their current 1-3 year deals. So sitting on far less than their worth for now.
Plus, we all know Melbourne love additional books and harvey norman vouchers.

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
A good number of those who have emerged this and last year would've been neville nobodies when they signed their current 1-3 year deals. So sitting on far less than their worth for now.
Plus, we all know Melbourne love additional books and harvey norman vouchers.

Sure, i get that...........but they just resigned the 2 wingers!!!

So now they would have to pay full tote odds!!

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
The NRL, and in particular Fox Sports has a very big influence down there.

The Big 3 largely funded by TPA's.

And let's not forget the additional $10 million a year they get to run the club as they are disadvantaged by being in the AFL heartland.

Fair Dinkum, it ****s me , the advantages they get!

They should bin the so called "actual contracts" that players are on and assess the salary cap by applying market value.
No way any player stays on 250k/300k a year if another club is willing to pay 400k/500k.
Even if he has a contract we have seen how easy players jump ship and get early releases.

TPAs should never have been allowed to be a factor!

Its all a f***ing joke............................either bin the salary cap, or start applying a system that is fair and works!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They should bin the so called "actual contracts" that players are on and assess the salary cap by applying market value.
No way any player stays on 250k/300k a year if another club is willing to pay 400k/500k.
Even if he has a contract we have seen how easy players jump ship and get early releases.

TPAs should never have been allowed to be a factor!

Its all a f***ing joke............................either bin the salary cap, or start applying a system that is fair and works!

The system is very broken but "The Powerbrokers" from the richest clubs will never allow it to be changed.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Huge penalty that.
Milked well.
Be a big call in a GF they probably wouldn't have the guts to make.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Sharks attack apart from lewis was pretty awful that second half. Not the same side as last year. Too many mistakes in them and no points

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can anyone explain to me how it is a good thing for NRL that 1 v 1 legs tackles are basically penalised, compared to 3 v 1 wrestlmania.

Gallen costs his team the game tonight with a classic tackle, then feels like he must hold the attacker down, because his quality tackle is not rewarded.

Obviously NRL HQ would prefer shoulder high 3 man tackles, whilst playing Bellamy Ball.

StuBoot

Bencher
Huge penalty that.
Milked well.
Be a big call in a GF they probably wouldn't have the guts to make.

I thought it was a tough call but it should never have come to that.
The refs, touchies (and commentators) missed Townsend being way offside when Maloney put the chip kick round the halfway line.
It ultimately got the Sharks another set of six that led to Keary getting binned and then 14 all.
They missed a couple of old fashioned shepherds too.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I thought it was a tough call but it should never have come to that.
The refs, touchies (and commentators) missed Townsend being way offside when Maloney put the chip kick round the halfway line.
It ultimately got the Sharks another set of six that led to Keary getting binned and then 14 all.
They missed a couple of old fashioned shepherds too.
Geez the game was easier to watch when 'obstructions ' were called shepherds.
They've got way too cute for themselves and they know not how to handle it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18