Non Manly Games [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anybody been to the SCG recently to watch a match of rugby league?
I went yesterday courtesy of a friend who is a member. While the beer on tap was good and easy to access the atmosphere at the ground was akin to a funeral.
The ground announcer had to boost up the crowd cheering audio to try to create some excitement, and if there was 12,200 in the crowd many must have been hiding.
From the Members Stand the view was ordinary. On the way home I stopped for refreshment and watched the second half of the Sharks match.
The ground looked full and the crowd was close to the action. Not sure how many was in attendance but it really emphasised that suburban grounds add to the atmosphere.
Last time I went there was the 1987 GF and sat behind the Southern goal post :)

If we have to beat the Rorters there I'll be there cheering :clap:

Where is the Video screen located at the SCG? Think that huge one from the SFS was installed there :nerd:

Anybody been to the SCG recently to watch a match of rugby league?
I went yesterday courtesy of a friend who is a member. While the beer on tap was good and easy to access the atmosphere at the ground was akin to a funeral.
The ground announcer had to boost up the crowd cheering audio to try to create some excitement, and if there was 12,200 in the crowd many must have been hiding.
From the Members Stand the view was ordinary. On the way home I stopped for refreshment and watched the second half of the Sharks match.
The ground looked full and the crowd was close to the action. Not sure how many was in attendance but it really emphasised that suburban grounds add to the atmosphere.
I read a comment in the DT yesterday from a woman complaining about the price of tickets, food (three half sized KFC style chicken burgers $50.50). 600ml water $4.50. She had a stack of other inflated items. Then as you and she alluded to you walk in to find a ghost town. (Apparently DT did a count of the Brewongle Stand, and they counted 220 ppl). It’s a bad look for all of Rugby League.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/03fd345bce7f0fd0dc7b4b09f583721b

507f6a4d0b9bf5e09805befbf9bd6914

Where is the Video screen located at the SCG? Think that huge one from the SFS was installed there :nerd:
The video screen is in the north-eastern corner. It is very clear, especially when viewed from the Member's Stand. Pity Brookie's video screen is not half as good.
As for the price of food and drinks: Tap beer (in the Members) ranged from $7.90 for a schooner of Great Northern which I thought was fair, up to $9 or so for other brands.
The only food we purchased was a pie for $4.90, which again is good value.
The ground is great for cricket and OK for AFL but the rectangular field means you are a long way from the action for much of the play.
The grass looked amazing - almost to the lush standards of Brookie - and the audio was good but until there is a large crowd I doubt it would have much atmosphere for RL.

Don't know why the referees feel compelled to entertain players actively trying to undermine them with their incessant questioning and contemptuous attitude. Just bin them.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8