Non Manly Games [Round 18, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We criticised Julia Gillard (aka Dillard) and she was PM. Go for your life mate lol

Australia, we had K-Dudd and Dillard as Prime Minister's. How'd we go? :rofl:

Thanks. Going after the female referees as much of the males. Don’t get the Julia Guillard reference. Thought she was treated way better than previous PM’s.

How’s the chick going?
I thought she did a pretty good job. Was barking away in the ruck, keeping it flowing. I don’t know if she’s got any kid(s), but I did hear the other half is a touchie. Just thinking how awesome it’d be as a kid to have them as parents. Just non-stop footy talk.@:D

Dean pay must be next to go. The bullfrogs are woeful and it isn't because of Des. Just nothing to offer as a team.

Thanks. Going after the female referees as much of the males. Don’t get the Julia Guillard reference. Thought she was treated way better than previous PM’s.

Gillard was the first female in the top job in Australia. And regardless of gender we still criticised her so criticising the NRL's first female referee shouldn't be a problem, so long as its warranted. And personally I don't think she did too bad tonight. Other than constantly screeching "HELD" during tackles, she did what any good referee should do.....remained mostly in the background.

Gillard was the first female in the top job in Australia. And regardless of gender we still criticised her so criticising the NRL's first female referee shouldn't be a problem, so long as its warranted. And personally I don't think she did too bad tonight. Other than constantly screeching "HELD" during tackles, she did what any good referee should do.....remained mostly in the background.
I did not see the games as I am on night shift tonight but I am glad to hear she went ok in her first match and she can only get better .
What ever profession we are in we all get judged and criticised so any criticism should not be any thing new to her .
Must have been nice to see a beautiful lady on the field amongst all the boys

I did not see the games as I am on night shift tonight but I am glad to hear she went ok in her first match and she can only get better .
What ever profession we are in we all get judged and criticised so any criticism should not be any thing new to her .
Must have been nice to see a beautiful lady on the field amongst all the boys

I think she went OK tonight. Time will tell if she is a competent NRL referee, but tonight wasn't a bad start. Unlike a few of her male counterparts in recent times, I think she could walk away happy with tonight's performance.

F6E2AD87-57D4-4359-B287-E4553E78BA69.jpeg

Matt Scott ends career

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/19...-prop-announces-2019-season-will-be-his-last/

North Queensland prop Matt Scott has announced he will retire at the end of the 2019 NRL season.

Undoubtedly one of the greatest players in Cowboys history, Scott has played his entire career in North Queensland, appearing in 263 games across 16 seasons since his Telstra Premiership debut as an 18-year-old in 2004.

Scott sits behind only Johnathan Thurston (294) and Matthew Bowen (270) in all-time appearances for the Cowboys and has the opportunity to surpass Bowen by season’s end.

The 33-year-old was a cornerstone of an unrivalled period of success for the Cowboys. Scott was instrumental in the club qualifying for seven consecutive finals series between 2011 and 2017 and captained the side, alongside Thurston, to its historic maiden premiership in 2015.

One of just nine Cowboys life members, he was named the club’s Player of the Year and Players’ Player in both 2010 and 2013.

Scott also appeared 22 times for Australia and Queensland and was crowned Dally M Prop of the Year in 2011 and Dally M Captain of the Year in 2015.

"I am still extremely passionate about this club and the game of rugby league, but 16 years of NRL has taken its toll on my body and it’s time to stop," Scott said.

“Thank you to my family and friends as well as Cowboys staff, players, members, partners and fans for your support.

"You have all played a part in making my rugby league career a life changing and unbelievable experience.

"Finally thank you to the North Queensland region and Cowboys for letting me represent you on the rugby league field. I have loved every minute of it."

Scott has been named on the interchange for Saturday's clash with Souths in Townsville.

Cowboys director of football Peter Parr described Scott as one of the most influential figures in the history of North Queensland.

"In my opinion Matt Scott ranks as the number one forward ever to don a Cowboys jersey," Parr said.

"There is absolutely no doubt that at the peak of his powers he was unrivalled at the best front-rower in the world.

"Matt was a major contributor to the most successful era of this club’s history. Not many people can say they were one of the most influential people in the best era of their club.

"He’s had an amazing career, one he and his family should be extremely proud of and a career the people of North Queensland should be thankful they were able to witness."

So, the bunker comes in and Staggs is on report for a lifted knee.

Where was the bunker last week when DCE and Cust copped late hits?

This is one of the main failings of the bunker. The extreme inconsistency of when they come in and when they say nothing when they haven't been called on (i.e. for a try).
DCE should've stayed down instead of going after Liam. Refs would probably have pulled up play and got the penalty

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8