Non Active Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven't ever found the posters to be cliquey. On the contrary, I've found people accepting of my opinions in general. Mind you, I tend not to call out other posters opinions as asinine so I guess you get treated the way you treat others.

Some here love a good slanging match and to each their own; I'd just rather disagree privately and move on. I don't see the point I guess in attacking people.

So please join in. Especially if you agree with me. :rofl:

FOR THOSE THAT MENTION CLIQUES....
I mean...ok fair enough but we were all new once.

There's even a thread I started titled "The problem with being a newbie" from about 2012 when I was one.

Everyone can feel a bit intimidated at first. I'm comfortable posting here but it may surprise some that there are other forums where I've been a member for 5+ years but only have 100 or so posts.

The newbies have to find their way, we understand, and they should know that they can post, but if you all wanna just read and see how it goes - that's ok too.

But standing on the sidelines means fewer people do the posting, so obviously they get to know each other better, and naturally, rapports form.

What "legit noobs" have to know about regular members is that we too can be gun shy about new members.

Are you a troll?
Are you a spammer?
Are you some tool bag that's been banned before trying to get back on to continue your d-bagness?
Are you just some toxic alpha male wanna be nob goblin?

We don't know - so it's hard to roll out the red carpet if newbies wont engage.

I'd suggest just to tip your toe in the 'forum water' (eww) and see how it plays out.

May you all have a wonderful day.
And if @Woodsie calls you a numb nut then that officially makes you welcome. There is just about no one on here that hasn't been called that.

Last edited:
Mate ... you have got to put going to a game at Brookie on your bucket list .... c'mon ..

Bucket lists are for old people, I get called immature on a daily basis so I'm running with my mind's age, not my bodies.
And there's no "list", I just want to visit Brookvale and that's all I want! Oh, and to meet a few of you champions there of course

I am a relative newbie, over the last few years.

Previously however I was a contributor to the old Football Club site until it closed down. From that point I was a visitor to Silvertails, but found that it was then very much a site for those that treasured their own image rather than the Football Club, so I stayed in the background.

In recent years, the conversations became more meaningful so I offered my thoughts in both clinical and not so serious matters.

The conversations do still run off topic on many occasions and become no more than a personal message board, however there now seems to be suffucient oversite to bring the subjects back on track.

I enjoy the banter, the humour and the informative.

I do not hide behind an avatar and offer my experience, as a true Manly supporter of many years.

That's a hard thing to talk about. I'm glad you erected the courage to get it up and out in the open...much better than some flacid response to such an important issue that should have us all standing at attention.

I remember, as much younger man, often going out on a Saturday night with a real 'tilt in my kilt", and if it was my lucky night, i'd head home with limp.

I am a relative newbie, over the last few years.

Previously however I was a contributor to the old Football Club site until it closed down. From that point I was a visitor to Silvertails, but found that it was then very much a site for those that treasured their own image rather than the Football Club, so I stayed in the background.

In recent years, the conversations became more meaningful so I offered my thoughts in both clinical and not so serious matters.

The conversations do still run off topic on many occasions and become no more than a personal message board, however there now seems to be suffucient oversite to bring the subjects back on track.

I enjoy the banter, the humour and the informative.

I do not hide behind an avatar and offer my experience, as a true Manly supporter of many years.
And personally I do enjoy your contributions greatly !!

@Mark from Brisbane I'm one of those that tends to read more than I post. This year I haven't really enjoyed the game and felt the need from posting apart from the handful of times that I did. Please I join in the footy tipping comp don't know why as I always run at the arse end of the tipping comp. Overall I enjoy reading most of the post that I come across apart from the really looooooooooooong ones.

Member since 11 March 2009 and only 1,688 posts

Ok I get that not everyone wants to participate full on ( like a few of us do) but I really don’t get joining up here and never saying a word !!

When I come on here I often scroll down to see “ members currently online” , often those numbers are in the many hundreds ( not as many now of course ) but a quick scan tells me only a small percentage actually say anything.

Quoting the once famous Prof Julius Sumner Miller “ why is it so??”.

Whilst it can get a bit “ testy” on here at times that’s often only between 2 or 3 regulars so as long as you avoid that crap you are pretty safe on here so yes I’m wondering why people bother to sign up , register , log on and then just sit on the sidelines!!

SO, if you are a sideliner now’s your chance to participate and maybe tell us why you are indeed one of those.

Firstly, you need to be logged in to view attachments in posts, that’s the main reason I’m logged in.

I really only visit to see if there’s any team news that I haven’t caught elsewhere.

To be honest, I’m not overly interested in engaging with people on here. I’ll talk footy and anything Manly with my mates on Messenger.

Firstly, you need to be logged in to view attachments in posts, that’s the main reason I’m logged in.

I really only visit to see if there’s any team news that I haven’t caught elsewhere.

To be honest, I’m not overly interested in engaging with people on here. I’ll talk footy and anything Manly with my mates on Messenger.
Thanks for that point of view and wasn’t aware of that ( guess the Mods would know ).

Pleased you are here regardless.

Thanks for that point of view and wasn’t aware of that ( guess the Mods would know ).

Pleased you are here regardless.
Nope, I never knew that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4