Non Active Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Also very unfortunate when some clear misunderstandings or misinterpretations of some posts occur [ and as seemed the case recently with Smokin Joe and Mad Marcus .] Seemed a bit uncharacteristic with Smokin Joe 's reaction at the time and certainly hope that his circumstances are more smoother now and a real shame that both have been noticeably quite on the poster front since then . Always been impressed with the over all or general quality and good standard poster contributions and also in essence all posters have something worth while to offer Must also admit though in particular that really entertaining posters M I A for whatever reason certainly detracts from that . and hope that these two can resume their interest in posting A S A P

It’s a balancing act when you are an Admin ( Im not here and have no interest in being one but I do help manage a quite large and extremely active Caravan Facebook page).

It’s a forum so there will be differences of opinion but when do you jump in and stop what’s going on??

Our caravan group has a ZERO smartarse/ attack policy , make one of those comments and you get a warning and 72 hours suspension.

Make another one and you are booted and blocked ( although some come back in on fake accounts and then get booted again ).

My only comment in relation to Silvertails is that sometimes things get very testy between individuals and if it was me I’d step in.

But that’s just me!!

It’s a balancing act when you are an Admin ( Im not here and have no interest in being one but I do help manage a quite large and extremely active Caravan Facebook page).

It’s a forum so there will be differences of opinion but when do you jump in and stop what’s going on??

Our caravan group has a ZERO smartarse/ attack policy , make one of those comments and you get a warning and 72 hours suspension.

Make another one and you are booted and blocked ( although some come back in on fake accounts and then get booted again ).

My only comment in relation to Silvertails is that sometimes things get very testy between individuals and if it was me I’d step in.

But that’s just me!!
Are there really fights about caravans?

About bloody time ... @Mark from Brisbane disagreed with me once ... around about his 27th or 30th thousandth post ... damned admin's pet! ...

You gots ta play tha game!

giphy.gif

FOR THOSE THAT MENTION CLIQUES....
I mean...ok fair enough but we were all new once.

There's even a thread I started titled "The problem with being a newbie" from about 2012 when I was one.

Everyone can feel a bit intimidated at first. I'm comfortable posting here but it may surprise some that there are other forums where I've been a member for 5+ years but only have 100 or so posts.

The newbies have to find their way, we understand, and they should know that they can post, but if you all wanna just read and see how it goes - that's ok too.

But standing on the sidelines means fewer people do the posting, so obviously they get to know each other better, and naturally, rapports form.

What "legit noobs" have to know about regular members is that we too can be gun shy about new members.

Are you a troll?
Are you a spammer?
Are you some tool bag that's been banned before trying to get back on to continue your d-bagness?
Are you just some toxic alpha male wanna be nob goblin?

We don't know - so it's hard to roll out the red carpet if newbies wont engage.

I'd suggest just to tip your toe in the 'forum water' (eww) and see how it plays out.

May you all have a wonderful day.

A boxing website I used to frequent in the mid-00s used to welcome every new poster's first post with this @:D

20201006_144437.jpg

I met the great Prof. J S Miller when he was working at Sydney Uni, the cafeteria at Grace Bros Broadway was excellent and he ate lunch there . I got a job at GBs in the Xmas holidays 1968 and introduced myself to him one lunch, he invited me to join him and we had some great conversations over a few weeks, ... needless to say I was in awe and just wanted to listen to him, but he wouldn’t have it, and he asked me many questions about how it was growing up in Sydney etc .... I loved the man, truly a great teacher and human.
Actually met him myself at the uni, quite a man was the prof

The big difference between the “old days” and now is the seeming inability to agree to disagree
For me there were far more robust conversations in the past but there was a level of respect which can be lacking (at times) here.
That has to be intimidating for any new poster

The big difference between the “old days” and now is the seeming inability to agree to disagree
For me there were far more robust conversations in the past but there was a level of respect which can be lacking (at times) here.
That has to be intimidating for any new poster
Very , and would put most off from jumping in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8