Non Active Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ok I get that not everyone wants to participate full on ( like a few of us do) but I really don’t get joining up here and never saying a word !!

When I come on here I often scroll down to see “ members currently online” , often those numbers are in the many hundreds ( not as many now of course ) but a quick scan tells me only a small percentage actually say anything.

Quoting the once famous Prof Julius Sumner Miller “ why is it so??”.

Whilst it can get a bit “ testy” on here at times that’s often only between 2 or 3 regulars so as long as you avoid that crap you are pretty safe on here so yes I’m wondering why people bother to sign up , register , log on and then just sit on the sidelines!!

SO, if you are a sideliner now’s your chance to participate and maybe tell us why you are indeed one of those.

Ok I get that not everyone wants to participate full on ( like a few of us do) but I really don’t get joining up here and never saying a word !!

When I come on here I often scroll down to see “ members currently online” , often those numbers are in the many hundreds ( not as many now of course ) but a quick scan tells me only a small percentage actually say anything.

Quoting the once famous Prof Julius Sumner Miller “ why is it so??”.

Whilst it can get a bit “ testy” on here at times that’s often only between 2 or 3 regulars so as long as you avoid that crap you are pretty safe on here so yes I’m wondering why people bother to sign up , register , log on and then just sit on the sidelines!!

SO, if you are a sideliner now’s your chance to participate and maybe tell us why you are indeed one of those.
Perhaps they are part of the Numbnut Coalition and for reasons we are not aware of have been temporarily silenced by el presidente......

I don't really care to go drag up any examples but there's been a number of threads over the years from people pointing out how cliquey it can be on here and how no one engages them unless they express an incendiary or provoking opinion.

Mix this with the fact that internet forums are a dying medium in the time of the Facebook, Reddit , etc and that'll go some way to explaining why not many people join in the discussions here.

Just my opinion.

I don't really care to go drag up any examples but there's been a number of threads over the years from people pointing out how cliquey it can be on here and how no one engages them unless they express an incendiary or provoking opinion.

Mix this with the fact that internet forums are a dying medium in the time of the Facebook, Reddit , etc and that'll go some way to explaining why not many people join in the discussions here.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for that opinion and I think its quite valid.

I certainly try and welcome and encourage new members , you can see in their Avatar if they are one of those, I wish more of our regulars would welcome and encourage newbies.

I'd agree that internet forums are no where near as popular now we have InstaTwitFace and the fact that some of the Facey pages have 25,000 plus members suggest the same HOWEVER they become just as "cliquey" as well (in fact I think even more so).

But that's sort of NOT what I was aiming at its the people who take the time to join up, register and then just sit on the sidelines........if all you want to do is that you don't have to go through the joining thing you can just become a guest.

Love to hear from a few of them on this.

I'm online I better say something
Sometimes I just read a lot of what gets written and not always reply to threads and it may be like that for some they just like to read people's opinions
So we should call on those to give us your opinion everyone has a different view on things we don't have to agree but respect others opinion makes for good conversation with fellow supporters of this great club

Like a conversion sometimes you can't get a word in.
Some people Mark, just don't shut up Mark, so I guess can be hard for a newbie to post anything when some posters, Mark, just post and post and post. Mark.
I'm not naming names Mark, cause I don't want to offend anyone.

Just joking Mark @:p :rofl:

I'm online I better say something
Sometimes I just read a lot of what gets written and not always reply to threads and it may be like that for some they just like to read people's opinions
So we should call on those to give us your opinion everyone has a different view on things we don't have to agree but respect others opinion makes for good conversation with fellow supporters of this great club
Fair point as well!!

Like a conversion sometimes you can't get a word in.
Some people Mark, just don't shut up Mark, so I guess can be hard for a newbie to post anything when some posters, Mark, just post and post and post. Mark.
I'm not naming names Mark, cause I don't want to offend anyone.

Just joking Mark @:p :rofl:
Yes I agree, only time I go missing is when I go bush!!

What a soft society we have become

I mean what is any one going to do to some one behind a forum screen ?

The fact is ...
As soon as we step out side our front door we are being exposed to so called testy situations and confrontations

Great forum sites like the Greatest of them all the Silvertails Manly Sea eagles forum is made form passionate great characters and if those that log on here do not have the character or the passion to have their say and add to our great forum then they are not missed

Seriously though I think a lot are like me, I don't post all that much namely because I have this real bad habit of reading everything then come across a post that more or less says what I was going to post so don't re post what someone else has already.
Instead giving a like or agree.

I agree I gotta stop reading and just post sh1t

What a soft society we have become

I mean what is any one going to do to some one behind a forum screen ?

The fact is ...
As soon as we step out side our front door we are being exposed to so called testy situations and confrontations

Great forum sites like the Greatest of them all the Silvertails Manly Sea eagles forum is made form passionate great characters and if those that log on here do not have the character or the passion to have their say and add to our great forum then they are not missed
Agree Bozo. But sadly for some their existence centres on the social media world and the information that circulates in that space and on screens. These worlds mean way too much to them and some have no balance with it. Hence being easily offended and having bigger impacts perhaps on their MH etc. now I’m not saying that’s anyone here, but that’s the reality for some. ST for me is a place to come share and hear views on the club we all love. Rarely If ever am I offended by anything on here, but I also have a very balanced life away from the screen and actually don’t engage in larger social media platforms. In saying that the growth of the numbnut coalition has become a worrying trend on ST. Or perhaps this just exists in my mind because I love the term so much. Haha

In saying that the growth of the numbnut coalition has become a worrying trend on ST. Or perhaps this just exists in my mind because I love the term so much. Haha

I think its natural progression a lot of us punchies have did our time and now graduated to numbnut status. that's likely why Mark wants a membership drive for new punchies.
Biff and @Wombat64 will tell ya Mark is woodsie's hit man of the PPC.

Oh sh1t the off season must be already starting

Seriously though I think a lot are like me, I don't post all that much namely because I have this real bad habit of reading everything then come across a post that more or less says what I was going to post so don't re post what someone else has already.
Instead giving a like or agree.

I agree I gotta stop reading and just post sh1t
It’s mostly **** so just join the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8