No room for T Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Personally reckon he's good depth at best for us. From what i've seen I'd take a safe, though capable and potentially destructive player in Croker, over that of one with unreliability through flaws such as inconsistency issues and attacking direction issues. Also, Uate has been fine imo, will improve his involvement as the season progresses (similar to last season)

He's better use to other clubs than us and think his talent would be pretty useless at wing. If Kelly captures the other centre position, wing may be his only option in the upcoming years.

Problem is Harry that when we judge someone like Tom Wright, we are judging him on the spectacular elements we see and assume that is on par with what we should expect from him. The flaws you refer to are to do with lack of involvement at times, but that's because we expect the same outstanding performances all the time. When he is quiet he isnt that much different from other players.

I watched Parker and Croker closely for example in their last game and stated they were solid. But their performances were no better than Tom Wright's performances when Wright is less involved. We get used to seeing the freakish performances of Wright, but then criticise him when he just performs solidly.

What I've seen of Parker and Croker so far, I'll say I'm impressed by their commitment and solid performances. But there is no way they are match winners like Tom Wright. Unfortunately we expect match winning performances from him every time he's on the field.

Who replaces Tom during Origin is a huge question mark at this stage. Last year Matt Wright...
I would have Dylan filling in for Tom around origin time with Parker covering his centre spot.
Start again if Dylan gets picked, but I doubt he will.
I think there is only 1 NRL game where our origin reps will be unavailable...resting them may be another issue.

Who is he going to replace. I don't see any space for him in the near future (as long as Kelly/Croker continue to improve)
It is a long season and injuries and rep games change the landscape very quickly. You need great depth and we are doing well with only 28 at present. I believe you have really underestimated Tom Wright’s talent and potential. He has capital X factor and will be one of the best centres in the game. We need to lock him up long term.

Tom Wright would offer nothing off the bench. If he is going to play he will be in the starting 17. Having said that, from what I've seen he doesn't offer anything better than the current selection of backs. Origin and/or an injury or two might see him get a chance.

Its no coincidence that Tom Wright's presence in the U20s last year and the Reggies this year, has led to a much improved performance from these teams. Not saying he wins the games alone, but having someone with that X factor ability who can make something out of nothing instils confidence in a team and is often worth an extra 6-12 points a game which boosts a teams efforts. I know you will say there are many other factors, but a team's performance is very much related to confidence. Sometimes it can be just one player's couple of actions that raise the efforts of the whole. That's what players like Wright bring to a team.

I've only seen him play probably 6-8 games and he has either been a complete passenger or the worst on ground . He must have some good games with the wraps he gets but every time I've seen Cade Cust play his shone through as a class above.
It will sort itself out, if he is playing well enough TBaz will pick him, if not then he will be another player that never reached potential and there have been plenty of those

When he does play any chance you can miss that game for the greater good?

Tom Wright would offer nothing off the bench. If he is going to play he will be in the starting 17. Having said that, from what I've seen he doesn't offer anything better than the current selection of backs. Origin and/or an injury or two might see him get a chance.

we are not the roosters, storm or cowboys so can only start 13 players

When he does play any chance you can miss that game for the greater good?
Yeah I missed the semi or quarter final in the 20's last year. Whichever one it was that he had a blinder apparently (never saw the replay or highlights )

I would have Dylan filling in for Tom around origin time with Parker covering his centre spot.
Start again if Dylan gets picked, but I doubt he will.
I think there is only 1 NRL game where our origin reps will be unavailable...resting them may be another issue.
I don’t see Dylan moving there. It will be M Wright or Hastings. Hastings has trained there as cover.

I don’t see Dylan moving there. It will be M Wright or Hastings. Hastings has trained there as cover.
Yeah, that may very well be what actually happens but I don't like it.

Doesn't make sense, Dylan would add 3 times what either of those 2 could and Parker will be pretty well versed on being a FG centre by then, PLUS it's his real position. Hastings hasn't played fullback and I don't believe he has the size and skill-set for it, Dylan would add IMPACT... and Wright is just plain ORDINARY.
It appears Hastings is going to hold down the bench utility role...why not just leave him there as supposed cover?

This all hypothetical anyways as I can't see Tom being in the NSW starting 17 over Tedesco anyways.

Last edited:
Tom T will play on the wing in SOO.

Parker will play fullback in Toms place.

Hopefully Tom Wright will get a go at centre.

Yeah, that may very well be what actually happens but I don't like it.

Doesn't make sense, Dylan would add 3 times what either of those 2 could and Parker will be pretty well versed on being a FG centre by then, PLUS it's his real position. Hastings hasn't played fullback and I don't believe he has the size and skill-set for it, Dylan would add IMPACT... and Wright is just plain ORDINARY.
It appears Hastings is going to hold down the bench utility role...why not just leave him there as supposed cover?

This all hypothetical anyways as I can't see Tom being in the NSW starting 17 over Tedesco anyways.
Hastings has played fullback for us already and went well.

Tom will play wing or centre in Origin - they will find a spot for him for sure.

Hastings has played fullback for us already and went well.

Tom will play wing or centre in Origin - they will find a spot for him for sure.
I must have missed Hastings at fullback in FG.

Tom wouldn't be in my Origin side, he is not the BEST available player for HIS POSITION.
I don't agree with choosing guys to play outside their best position they have played in FG for years in most cases and believe it's a mistake that NSW have been making for years.

To each their own.

I think Matt Wright will cover fullback. Last year he was flawless there.

In defence... adds nothing in attack and that is Tom's main contribution to us winning games.

Fullback is part of the spine and a huge piece of a modern NRL attack. Dylan would contribute far more value there IMHO.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8