No room for T Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagerbeaver

Reserve Grader
Off course its only 2 games into the season, but from what we have seen particularly from Brian Kelly and Lachie Croker, and to a lesser extent Brad Parker, where does this leave Tom Wright in the puzzle both short and long term?
I must admit i was one advocating for his inclusion in round one (in centres), but in hindsight cant fault T Baz's selections - albeit probably should have had Parker for M Wright last week.
Injuries, suspension and form do play their part in a long season, but my gut feeling is a precocious talent like Tom Wright isn't the type happy to bide his time in reserves..
Can someone remind me how long he is signed for? Not that it matters much these days..

Off course its only 2 games into the season, but from what we have seen particularly from Brian Kelly and Lachie Croker, and to a lesser extent Brad Parker, where does this leave Tom Wright in the puzzle both short and long term?
I must admit i was one advocating for his inclusion in round one (in centres), but in hindsight cant fault T Baz's selections - albeit probably should have had Parker for M Wright last week.
Injuries, suspension and form do play their part in a long season, but my gut feeling is a precocious talent like Tom Wright isn't the type happy to bide his time in reserves..
Can someone remind me how long he is signed for? Not that it matters much these days..

So your saying there is no need for depth.

Later in the year most likely if he is going well.

Be silly not to blood him for 2 or 3 games to show him what he needs to work on next off season.

He's in the right place, right now. By rights, he could rightfully have a spot in the 17, sometime this season. Right now I am on the Blue Label Johnnie Walker, where Wright ends up is not really my concern "Wright now". 54 NIL Parramatta. How good is that ****.

Look, the reality is that we aren't going to win that easily every week. We'd like to, but its just not going to happen.

Its a long season and I am sure with injuries, Origin and form then Tom Wright and a few others currently playing for Blacktown will get a go at first grade at some point this year.

To win a premiership you need to be able to get away with just using less then 25 different players in the year. Some clubs (that do poorly) use over 30. If we are great, will Tom make ,say, the top 25? He will get his chance.

Tom Wright will get his chance. He's too good for the reserves, just as Hastings is too good for the reserves. Both must find a place in the first grade team at some stage or we will lose them. Both have the X factor that wins you games. In the present first grade side only Tom T. Jake T., DCE and Kelly have that quality. Walker had it and may still have it...a wait and see game there. Others may develop it and I'm thinking of Fainu there. Koriosau is close but his value is sheer work load.

Last edited:
He's in the right place, right now. By rights, he could rightfully have a spot in the 17, sometime this season. Right now I am on the Blue Label Johnnie Walker, where Wright ends up is not really my concern "Wright now". 54 NIL Parramatta. How good is that ****.

Blue Label?

Nice. A bit expensive to just be drinking and posting on here isn't it?!?!? @:D

Fortunately Tom is still contracted into 2019 so still time and opportunities to determine if he can find a spot in a Manly i st grade side and of course just where is going to be the question . Not often a player with Phil Blake type attributes and potential comes onto the scene for Manly but also not often when talented back line players like Parker , Kelly , Tom Wright and Jade Anderson are available for limited positions also at the one time for Manly . However would still not think that Kelly and even Hastings offer X factors , good and even improved players in their own right [ and Kelly has started the season really well ] but X factors are surely for players who can really make a difference .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8